OT: a week later

Status
Not open for further replies.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008

To date, the most unusually odd attempt.

They had plenty of time to stop the speech, and move Trump off the stage with multiple people telling police that a person was climbing on the roof.

I've watched the behavior of the secret service on stage after the shooter is killed several times and no one on the stage is showing any sign of panic, shock, trauma and no one is even visibly shaken. And neither is Trump. No fear, no panic, no shock, just raw patriotism. U-S-A. U-S-A, he missed the former president, let's go get drinks and dinner.

• Haha
Reactions: DerHntr

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
When I first saw the shooter's profile pic I thought "What the hell had sex to make that?"
But seriously, how sad a life it must be living with desires to do schit like that.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Allowing the gunman on the roof was gross incompetence. The USSS does work with local LEOs on these details and obviously there was some miscommunication.

Also, Dan Bonginio has covered this was a thin detail, and about detail team C or D. It was not their brightest and best agents, despite growing concerns of an attempt on Trump.

Maybe there is a conspiracy there. Because Dems led by Bennie Thompson tried to get protection removed from Trump. Maybe some politicians pressured the USSS to have their best and brightest on other details. However you do want your best and brightest on a sitting President, First Lady and kids. So ex presidents do get the latter detail staff.

The missed shot.... even with a red dot scope, I can see this kid missing. I can't imagine the adrenaline that was pumping. With that said.........on the other hand, To actually hit Trumps ear is damn close. If he was aiming at the body or a body of a deer, the deer drops. If Trump doesn't turn his head, Trump is dead today. It's a miracle Trump is alive today.

Last edited:

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
Can we take a second to appreciate that this event has the extremists on both sides claiming some elaborate conspiracy, requiring amazing preparation and precision (of different types, I grant you)? All the others generally agree this was blatant display of ineptitude. Just very interesting to me.

Reactions: RiverCityDawg

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
It is difficult to wrap my mi fact that it happened due to poor planning, poor communication, and a lack of doing something when there was a known concern(spotted 20min before shot taken).

I get why people fall back to conspiracies on this, since simple reality is so bonkers.
Another result of putting DEI above meritocracy ànd symbolism over substance.

Also, lots of rumblings about all the security requests being denied outta the Kennedy Jr & Trump Camps. Hmmm

Last edited:

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Something that hasn’t been mentioned here and I only saw mentioned once on the news, supposedly Jill Biden had an event in Pennsylvania the same day and some of the security that normally would have been at Trumps event was shifted to Dr Jill. No idea if that factual or not. I’ve seen it mentioned several times that the shooters AR was open sighted. Shooting at an 8” target at 140 yards with open sights on a short barreled rifle is not something the average Person can accomplish consistently. We’re all comparing that shot to shooting a deer at 140 yards with a scoped rifle, most likely a bolt action. I can’t tell you the last time I’ve attempted an open sight shot at that range

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Another result of putting DEI above meritocracy ànd symbolism over substance.

Also, lots of rumblings about all the security requests being denied outta the Kennedy Jr & Trump Camps. Hmmm
I have seen a bunch of memes that show DEI is to blame, comments that straight up say DEI is to blame, etc.

Who specifically was hired due to DEI initiatives, wasn't otherwise qualified, and caused the shooting to take place?

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
This is the best overview of the shooting I’ve seen.

I think at least one thing she gets wrong is the sniper team that took out the shooter. The nearest team was obstructed by a tree (as the first video shows). The team on the opposite building took him out.

One of my takeaways is the shooter’s line of sight. Yes, he had a very reasonable shot at Trump, but had he moved to his right along the roof, he would have had an even easier shot. The people who alerted the police and the policeman that climbed the roof and forced the shooter to rush the shooting probably saved Trump’s life.

View attachment 613239

Btw, I don’t believe any of the conspiracy theories. This was simply a disaster of incompetence.

Something that I haven't seen discussed is the fact that this lack of competency shows A LOT to our foreign enemies. I'm as conservative as you'll see on here, but I don't believe this was any sort of conspiracy. The scene after the shooting reminded me of the show Reno 911 that used to be on Comedy Central. The lack of planning pre-event was just pure incompetence by several agencies. And now they're pointing fingers at each other, which shows our foreign enemies even more about our weaknesses.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Agreed.

There are literally probably a thousand guys within 5 miles of where I sit right now that that wouldn't have missed. That's not that hard of a shot if you shoot regularly. Heck, he was prone and braced. Trump is lucky, very lucky. Shooting an AR with off the shelf ammo there wouldn't be much drop at all there due to range. The fact that the kid went for a head shot is probably what saved Trump. There is no conspiracy here, this was a school shooter type poor old bullied dweeb looking to go out, like all of them, in a blaze of notoriety. As I always say when this type crap happens, the worst thing we can do is put their name out all over the place. That's why they do it.
That being said there were some monumental failures with security. That roof was the obvious place. THAt being said we are talking about an ex-President. They don't get the type of multilayered federal stuff the sitting one does. The failure was with the local cops it seems.
The issue is this kid hadn't been through Parris Island or Army boot camp. He got kicked off of the HS rifle team due to being such a bad shot, and I haven't seen any sand bags or other items he used to support his rifle.

Someone was keeping him protected, there's no possibility he was going to seen acting that suspiciously for that long and no one from LE was to engage him, unless someone was ensuring he didn't get hassled. It's like he wanted to be seen.

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
What I find interesting is the lack of coordination between the agencies on hand. If you’re going to involve the locals then it seems like there was lackadaisical command & control/ protocol at play. I have seen where the local sheriff had to clear up some erroneous statements or leaks attributed to the SS chief. There‘s going to be a hearing tomorrow morning on C-SPAN but I expect deflection, denial, and “don’t knows” as the powers that be hope for the news cycle to roll over.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I have seen a bunch of memes that show DEI is to blame, comments that straight up say DEI is to blame, etc.

Who specifically was hired due to DEI initiatives, wasn't otherwise qualified, and caused the shooting to take place?
Some of the DEI to blame stuff is just dumb and a few idiots say that whenever they see a black person involved in something. Of course that also shows that talented, meritorious non-whites, because of human nature and because DEI lowers standards in some instance, have to wonder whether others think they got their jobs, promotions, etc, because of some policy rather than through their own initiative and merit. Women, white women especially, benefit from DEI policies the most, btw.

To some degree the anti-DEI stuff is just noticing. It's like nepotism. People notice the untalented family member or cousin who gets promoted over others.

I think the far right needs to be ignored because it's largely FOS and full of failures who want to blame others for their failures. But wokeness in general, DEI, affirmative action and some other policies have also made race relations worse. Studies continue to show that racism is declining but race relations are getting worse. Lots of things get called racist that really aren't.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022

Women. The female head of the Secret Service said in an interview that she wanted to increase diversity and the number of women in the secret service. She said that.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
The shooting was the result of some lunatic loser having access to a gun and secret service incompetence.

BTW, I believe Pennsylvania is an open carry state. When exactly did that guy break the law before firing a shot?

Reactions: msstatelp1

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Can we take a second to appreciate that this event has the extremists on both sides claiming some elaborate conspiracy, requiring amazing preparation and precision (of different types, I grant you)? All the others generally agree this was blatant display of ineptitude. Just very interesting to me.
Yes, but there's also some exploring the possibilities or noting strangeness in what appeared to happen. This is not the same as definitively stating a conspiracy happened, whether that be keyfabe, deep state, or DEI.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
This is DEI?

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Some of the DEI to blame stuff is just dumb and a few idiots say that whenever they see a black person involved in something. Of course that also shows that talented, meritorious non-whites, because of human nature and because DEI lowers standards in some instance, have to wonder whether others think they got their jobs, promotions, etc, because of some policy rather than through their own initiative and merit. Women, white women especially, benefit from DEI policies the most, btw.

To some degree the anti-DEI stuff is just noticing. It's like nepotism. People notice the untalented family member or cousin who gets promoted over others.

I think the far right needs to be ignored because it's largely FOS and full of failures who want to blame others for their failures. But wokeness in general, DEI, affirmative action and some other policies have also made race relations worse. Studies continue to show that racism is declining but race relations are getting worse. Lots of things get called racist that really aren't.
Like calling all those opposed to DEI and open borders racists?

Last edited:

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
A ‘school shooter’ who’s literal misfire will be a big reason in Trump getting elected.
Polls are not showing any shift after the assassination attempt. Trump might win red states by an even larger margin, but I don't think this will be a factor in his victory.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Polls are not showing any shift after the assassination attempt. Trump might win red states by an even larger margin, but I don't think this will be a factor in his victory.
It might be difficult to overcome election fraud in states like Wisconsin and Michigan. Wisconsin courts just made drop boxes legal, and I believe mail in ballots have to be counted up until four days after the election.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
If it was an organized attempt to assassinate the president, no way that’s who would be chosen to take the shot.
I'm not buying into any of the conspiracy theories or trying to promote them.

Buuuut....if you're trying to find a patsy, who is almost certainly going to wind up dead, you may have to take whomever you can get. Experienced shooters may not be an option.

If the "Deep State" were out to get Trump, there are far easier and more certain ways to kill him, particularly if the SS is compromised. I don't think this "Deep State" would operate like a Bond villain: all the resources in the world, but choosing to do everything the hard way, and making stupid mistakes.

OTOH, if the evidence ultimately supports it, I would believe the shooter had assistance, perhaps including someone with security connections. So, a conspiracy, but just a small, misguided group of people.

I am struggling with the idea the shooter just got lucky. That suggests potential assassins show up at these types of events fairly often, but are usually unlucky and thwarted by security.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anon1704414204

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Yes, what is it you don’t understand ?
As for the DEI involvement in the Secret Service, I don't care if they have more ladies hired, but I think I would rather have a 6' 4" 240 pound guy guarding my body instead of a 5' 7" 140 pound woman. I'm quite sure they have other positions that can fill, at least that was involved differently.

I am completely ignoring the stupid conspiracy theories.

Reactions: Mjoelner

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
As for the DEI involvement in the Secret Service, I don't care if they have more ladies hired, but I think I would rather have a 6' 4" 240 pound guy guarding my body instead of a 5' 7" 140 pound woman. I'm quite sure they have other positions that can fill, at least that was involved differently.
of course, they can not physically do the job. You know that pillar of America we used to call Merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login