OT: African Safari

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Branding Brandingagency GIF by Cultist

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Speaking of presidents. If you haven't seen the video on YouTube of Bryson DeChamboue and Trump attempting to break 50, you're missing out. Trump has the most awkward swing you've ever seen but he can sue hit it straight and his putting is no slouch either.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Speaking of presidents. If you haven't seen the video on YouTube of Bryson DeChamboue and Trump attempting to break 50, you're missing out. Trump has the most awkward swing you've ever seen but he can sue hit it straight and his putting is no slouch either.
Trump has a pretty athletic swing for an obese elderly man. That putting stoke though....woof.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
IMG_3654.jpg
Kill a baboon if you go. Those bastards are actually pretty challenging to hit unlike a water buck. And they are as destructive as feral hogs.

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022
I’m taking my daughter on Safari in a few years as a graduation gift. The whole family is going. I decided that South Africa was the place to go. Not having to worry about malaria and having first world health care was the deciding factor for me.

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
I used the outfit Limcroma safaris in South Africa back in 2008. It’s on the boarder with Botswana. They were great. I wouldn’t bother bringing your own guns. Also, unless you’re going after the big 5, a 30-06 does the job just fine.

if you want to actually meat them in person, or dozens of other safari outfits, you should attend the Dallas Safari clubs convention. It’s a cool trade show to attend regardless if your planning a safari.

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
i’ve done chobe in botswana as a day trip from vic falls. then coupled it with a week in cape town. got the big 5 plus a river cruise. you could do the same further north with kenya/tanzania plus egypt. unless you’re camping then 3 days tops of a safari and you’re ready for a new adventure

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I'm a huge hunter and I'm fine with trophy hunting. But certain things strike me as strange to "hunt". Giraffes being at the top of the list.

You also have to know that there are rogue animals in every flock so they essentially auction them off to the highest bidder. Either a rich attorney comes over and shoots it and they make a mint or they just put a bullet in it themselves and no one makes money. It's a necessary process.
Giraffes have a heck of a neck roast on them. Marinate heavily with Dales and then grill to medium rare. Delicious!

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
we've come a long way from bad asses like him as POTUS to most of the elected leaders we have today.
Had a few in the San Antoine bar where Teddy & his Rough Riders planned their Cuban assault. Still in its old rustic form. Didn't Teddy take a bullet during a campaign rally but kept on speaking? Like a small book in his pocket saved his life?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Had a few in the San Antoine bar where Teddy & his Rough Riders planned their Cuban assault. Still in its old rustic form. Didn't Teddy take a bullet during a campaign rally but kept on speaking? Like a small book in his pocket saved his life?
His son Ted JR. served in North Africa, Sicily and Sardinia. He was also one of only two Generals on the beach on D Day. He went in with the first wave and won the CMH.

Reactions: Anon1704414204

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Can't b
His son Ted JR. served in North Africa, Sicily and Sardinia. He was also one of only two Generals on the beach on D Day. He went in with the first wave and won the CMH.

Can't believe I either forgot or didn't know that. Bad Azz Bloodlines.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login