OT: Anniversary Trip Destinations?

patdog

May 28, 2007
You'd seriously choose Destin over a top-class Mediterranean beach? That's just sad. Especially if you're a 2 hours at the beach and then I want to see everything else guy.

Last edited:

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
It is very freeing to not have to walk around with a wallet or think about anything or do anything. Want food, ask for it. Want a drink, ask for it. Your complicated decision is whether to go to the pool or beach and even if you 17 that decision up somehow, you just walk a minute or two and you have corrected it. As someone mentioned, teh food is usually pretty mediocre, but that's a decent enough tradeoff. I don't have to travel to get nice food, so I don't mind mediocre food for a little while. Definitely not something I would care to do all the time and not in place of actually going and experiencing new things, but it's a nice experience every few years.

Got to do an all inclusive between jobs one time, and it was glorious. Probably won't experience a lack of stress like that again unless and until I retire.
I’m with you. I’ve been to 4 all inclusives. While DR was my least favorite because of not going off the property, I still had a blast. The resort is so huge I would just explore it when I wasn’t eating, drinking, snorkeling, gambling, or sleeping. Barbados was hands down my favorite all inclusive. We walked all over Holetown and never worried about our safety. Curacao was safe as well, but the resort was not within walking distance of Willemstad.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login