OT: Another kind of left lane driver

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
As long as no one wrecks, I thank you for your service.
A couple of months ago we were heading south on 45 south of meridian. A SUV with a State parking sticker had passed me and been passed by me at least 4 times. Every time I passed her she was texting. I had the cruise set on 72 The entire time. So I run right up behind her and set down on the air horns and they are loud. She is bouncing off the solid line and the dotted line, there wasn’t any other cars around, and then she stomps it and pulls out of sight. A few miles down the road she’s pullEd off to the side and standing beside the vehicle, I assumed she was checking for clean underwear in the car The motorhome has two horns, a four horn set of air horns that will give a train horn a run for its money and a wimpy electric horn that sounds like it should be on a clown car. I have a switch to select which horn blows when I push the steering wheel. I pull in the left lane as I’m passing her parked on the shoulder and give her an anemic beep beep as I go by. She just stares with a puzzled look on her face, I’m not sure she knows where that air horn came from to this day.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
I find it interesting that many drivers don't know the meaning of the word "Limit" that's written plainly on the speed control signs. They confuse it as the minimum speed I think. If they ever grasp the true meaning, then I think that will clear up most of the "Left Lane / Right lane passing issues.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
I-40 from Memphis to Little Rock. A group of 3 trucks passing 5 trucks that are going 66. The lead truck of the 3 is going 68. 10 miles later you get to pass 8 trucks at 75, then start the process all over again.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
The one that goes the exact same speed as the car in the right lane....

Some blame goes on the right lane driver too. For both drivers to not recognize the cluster 17 they are creating behind them speaks to both of the dumbassery that exists inside their respective vehicles when it comes to their driving skills.
Man I 100% disagree.

This is all on the left lane. Either you go or you don’t. Pass and get the 17 over or slow down and get the 17 over.

I have cars ride up behind me and basically set their speed on my @$$ or get up beside me in the left lane and then set their speed with me.

i slow down. They slow down. I go 90 and reset cruise at 75. They come flying up then start going 75 again.

Im all in on giving them a few chance and then brake checking the 17 out them.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I find it interesting that many drivers don't know the meaning of the word "Limit" that's written plainly on the speed control signs. They confuse it as the minimum speed I think. If they ever grasp the true meaning, then I think that will clear up most of the "Left Lane / Right lane passing issues.
It’s really simple. It doesn’t matter what the speed limit is. The left lane is for passing.

Pass and get the 17 over.

Speeding is illegal and might be an issue but it’s completely separate of morons who cruise in the left lane.

Reactions: Motodawg

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I have been blowing my horn and giving the California Wave a bunch lately. Smart Phones is the worst thing to happen to the world of driving.
People do it who don’t even use phones while they drive. Just stupid I guess.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
It truly is amazing that it still kind of works. I mean there is a real risk of death at any time driving at normal speeds on an interstate. It just takes one person screwing up which I'm sure they all do (including myself) in other aspects of life.

What I hate the most is the sign that says lane closed ahead please merge and then everyone tries to jump in line and hammer it until they have to merge over. Love it when the big trucks ride next to each other blocking the lane and then the open lane starts to flow and everyone wins. Selfishness really shows on the road.

Reactions: paindonthurt
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login