OT: Any of you get any really cool Christmas gifts that SPS should know about?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I've aged in all ways but one. Family still gives me $$$ for my birthday, so I'm looking for something that might be interesting that I wouldn't otherwise think about. Figured this would be a good time to ask before we start our SEC bball dominance and have better things to discuss.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
I've aged in all ways but one. Family still gives me $$$ for my birthday, so I'm looking for something that might be interesting that I wouldn't otherwise think about. Figured this would be a good time to ask before we start our SEC bball dominance and have better things to discuss.

I got a heated vest and I love it. I hate wearing a bulky coat and now I don't have too.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Let me save you some money and tell you what NOT to buy. For the 3rd (THIRD) Christmas in a row I got one of those damn fitness band/watches. I don't care how many steps I take in a day, I take as many as are needed to do what I gotta do. I don't care what my heart rate is, it beats fast when it needs to and slow when it doesn't and I'm capable of telling the difference w/out a gadget. This newest one wants to tell me when I need to drink water, I'm capable of telling when I'm thirsty. This one gets my text messages and lets me respond, but my phone has to be close enough to Bluetooth so why shouldn't I just look at my phone which has to be right there anyway?
And before yall start calling me a 'puddin, I run 3 miles every morning, but I know how far I'm going and don't need a gadget to tell me. I swim 4 days a week and don't need to stop swimming to look at my heart rate and BP, it is what it is. I would return this latest one to Amazon but I don't want to hurt the feelings of the giver and they would see the return so I'll just lie and say I love it and keep it in the drawer with the other 2

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Let me save you some money and tell you what NOT to buy. For the 3rd (THIRD) Christmas in a row I got one of those damn fitness band/watches. I don't care how many steps I take in a day, I take as many as are needed to do what I gotta do. I don't care what my heart rate is, it beats fast when it needs to and slow when it doesn't and I'm capable of telling the difference w/out a gadget. This newest one wants to tell me when I need to drink water, I'm capable of telling when I'm thirsty. This one gets my text messages and lets me respond, but my phone has to be close enough to Bluetooth so why shouldn't I just look at my phone which has to be right there anyway?
And before yall start calling me a 'puddin, I run 3 miles every morning, but I know how far I'm going and don't need a gadget to tell me. I swim 4 days a week and don't need to stop swimming to look at my heart rate and BP, it is what it is. I would return this latest one to Amazon but I don't want to hurt the feelings of the giver and they would see the return so I'll just lie and say I love it and keep it in the drawer with the other 2
That’s your fault for trying to stay fit. If you were a lazy **** who sat in the recliner and drank beer all day you would have gotten something useful like a heated throw blanket or a personal cooler so you don’t have to get up as often to walk to the fridge.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006

My mother tells me to spend a certain amount of money on clothes. I bought a cool tie-dye long sleeve shirt (the guy’s buyers also include jamgrass performers) and low top Chucks.

I got a heated vest and I love it. I hate wearing a bulky coat and now I don't have too.

Apropos of heated items, I really love the heated driver’s seat in the CR-V I bought a few months ago.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
My neighbor got a heated jacket and says it's a game changer for having to walk the dog on cold mornings. I'm thinking I'll have to pick one up before baseball season.
Yep, it'll be great for baseball season. Don't know much about them but the brand I got was Ororo. So far, it's awesome. People here in the office been trying it on too. One has a son playing HS soccer and decided to buy one. Soccer season is the absolute worst season for any high school sport. Playing at night this time o' year aint fun.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I like the way you think. I've been assimilated to feel like I don't even get "credit" for my working out if I don't have my watch on.

1704815300015.png

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
I got a new Stihl leaf blower and the wife got new laying hen chicks (new custom built pen by me to follow). I think there was a "you might be a redneck" joke in there somewhere.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Reading this just reminded me too much of ↓

I get your rant and laughed in agreement. Preach!

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
That’s your fault for trying to stay fit. If you were a lazy **** who sat in the recliner and drank beer all day you would have gotten something useful like a heated throw blanket or a personal cooler so you don’t have to get up as often to walk to the fridge.
Been there done that and got the scar from the heart attack to prove it

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
Got a heated jacket last year and it is awesome. Wore it to a few early season baseball games last year. Game changer for me….

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
My neighbor got a heated jacket and says it's a game changer for having to walk the dog on cold mornings. I'm thinking I'll have to pick one up before baseball season.
I got one this year for Christmas. It's amazing. I wore it sitting in the deer stand at 30 degrees for 5 hours in the morning with only a long sleeve insulated shirt and an uninsulated jacket to stop the wind. Never got cold. I still had to wear a lot of clothes for my lower body. So my next purchase may be the matching pants.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Mrs bought me a set of single length irons, I’ve always wanted to try them. From an engineering point of view they just make sense. I took them to the driving range and wasn’t impressed at all. I had a wicked slice with every club, something that I don’t really have with normal clubs. Left the range and played a par 3 course. Played the best 18 holes I’ve ever played and it wasn’t close. Played with a guy who usually beats me 5-6 strokes and beat him 11 strokes. Retuned to the range a few days later and the slice was back? I’m going to commit to them for a few months and give them an honest try before I go back to regular irons.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I got a bacon press. Never knew I needed one, but can't imagine life without it now.
So what do you do w/ it? When I cook bacon its a pound or two at a time outside on the Blackstone and can't see what good it does me, I've got 2 and don't ever use them. I got a bigger round one too that is supposed to be for "smashburgers " but don't see the need for that either. You just make the burgers thin to begin with and then you don't have to "smash" all the juice out of them later. I'm not opposed to something useful but haven't found that use yet for these yet

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Daughters gave me a black Lululemon hoodie.

Outwardly I smiled and was excited. Inwardly I rolled my eyes and cringed at the thought of wearing it out of the house.

Two weeks later and I’ve low key asked for a different color for my birthday next month. Best damn sweatshirt I’ve ever owned….

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
So what do you do w/ it? When I cook bacon its a pound or two at a time outside on the Blackstone and can't see what good it does me, I've got 2 and don't ever use them. I got a bigger round one too that is supposed to be for "smashburgers " but don't see the need for that either. You just make the burgers thin to begin with and then you don't have to "smash" all the juice out of them later. I'm not opposed to something useful but haven't found that use yet for these yet
I'm typically cooking bacon 5 or 6 slices at a time in approx 10-12" round pan. The press keeps the bacon flat and down in the grease so it cooks more uniformly from end to end, doesn't curl on the ends as badly, and seems to keep the bacon from drying out as it cooks (I assume from keeping it more completely submerged in grease). It also keeps the grease from popping out of the pan better than a pan screen does.

Reactions: MaxwellSmart

SwampDawg

Feb 24, 2008
No, but I'm getting a bunch of good birthday presents this month on the 24th. Wifey (oops) and I are signing the papers to buy our first brand new house. All others have been previously owned, most lots of times. It's also my birthday. Also I get my regular social security check on that day.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
If any of you are into long range shooting or hand loading then the new Garmin Xero C1Pro chronograph is an absolute game changer. Wish I'd had this 25 years ago. No more downrange tripods and sky screens to hit. Just set on the table next to your rifle or shoot over it with a pistol.

Attachments

• PXL_20240110_015802945~2.jpg
    PXL_20240110_015802945~2.jpg
    801.3 KB · Views: 15

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
If any of you are into long range shooting or hand loading then the new Garmin Xero C1Pro chronograph is an absolute game changer. Wish I'd had this 25 years ago. No more downrange tripods and sky screens to hit. Just set on the table next to your rifle or shoot over it with a pistol.
A guy was showing me this the other day. Crazy
And also, jif is probably 4th best peanut butter. Hopefully that’s for your dog

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
Lol. Jif isn't my favorite but it's the best available out here in the middle of nowhere for low or no added sugar and the dog does enjoy licking the spoon. I just grabbed it because I figured food would be the best size comparison on the 6pack.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
A guy was showing me this the other day. Crazy
And also, jif is probably 4th best peanut butter. Hopefully that’s for your dog
Jiff No Sugar especially, my dog wouldn't even eat that. All that's left below that is the Jiff Natural and that's the one that has about 3" of oil floating on top of the butter part. It's Jiff Smooth for me or nothing, don't be trying to bring any Crunchy up in my crib or even another Smooth brand

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Jiff No Sugar especially, my dog wouldn't even eat that. All that's left below that is the Jiff Natural and that's the one that has about 3" of oil floating on top of the butter part. It's Jiff Smooth for me or nothing, don't be trying to bring any Crunchy up in my crib or even another Smooth brand
After bragging about how much you exercise, I figured you’d be into that peanut butter that’s just peanuts and salt and settles leaving oil on top. I like krogers version of that and smuckers is good too. The best peanut butter is the regular Peter Pan, and it’s not even close.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
My SIL has given me some crap presents over the years but she out did herself this year. She gave me a monopoly game with a MSU theme. Why she would think a 69 y/o man would want a frigging game of any kind is beyond me. I guess she thought I would ask my MSU buddies over to play. Idiot. I am going to re-gift and give to an OM buddy.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Daughters gave me a black Lululemon hoodie.

Outwardly I smiled and was excited. Inwardly I rolled my eyes and cringed at the thought of wearing it out of the house.

Two weeks later and I’ve low key asked for a different color for my birthday next month. Best damn sweatshirt I’ve ever owned….
I bet your azz looks terrible in those yoga pants!

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
After bragging about how much you exercise, I figured you’d be into that peanut butter that’s just peanuts and salt and settles leaving oil on top. I like krogers version of that and smuckers is good too. The best peanut butter is the regular Peter Pan, and it’s not even close.
I may have had a heart attack but I still maintain a few vices to keep me happy and make life worth living. Jif falls into that category along w/ light beers, occasional red wine, cheese, and bread but usually whole grains. Haven't had fried anything in years, very very seldom a medium rare ribeye which was my favorite years ago, very little sugar. Its not fun but neither is the alternative when your genes suck like mine do

Oct 17, 2023
Lol. Jif isn't my favorite but it's the best available out here in the middle of nowhere for low or no added sugar and the dog does enjoy licking the spoon. I just grabbed it because I figured food would be the best size comparison on the 6pack.
If you think any of these people eat anything as healthy as peanut butter or especially no sugar peanut butter, you're as clueless as goat.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
If you think any of these people eat anything as healthy as peanut butter or especially no sugar peanut butter, you're as clueless as goat.
Speaking of peanut butter- my freshman year roommate went on a peanut butter diet. He ate only peanut butter daily for like more than 2 weeks in order to lose weight.
He was sitting at his computer one night licking a spoon clean and loudly declared with shock- 'peanuts have fat in them?!?!' which made a few of us that were in the room lose our **** from laughing.

That kid was a 17ing dbag dummy.

• Haha
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login