OT- Any of you video game guys played anything decent lately?

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I feel like it’s been years since a truly great game has come out which probably isn’t too far from the truth being that RDR2 is the last one I can recall. I was really disappointed in Diablo IV since it seemed like it belonged in 2005, and I’ve been so bored with some of the newer stuff lately that I went all the way back to Witcher 3 this past weekend.

I guess it’s finally time to upgrade to the new gen with Starfield coming in a couple weeks. I just hope it’s not a huge disappointment

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Baldur's Gate 3 is fun. Way different from the previous 2, which I loved, but I'm enjoying it. Starfield releases in a couple weeks and I'll be consumed by that when it does.

Reactions: Seinfeld

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I casually mentioned to my stepson that the best game ever made was RDR. Shortly thereafter my wife bought me RDR2 for her PS4 that we rarely played. A year later I was still playing the game. This March for my birthday she bought me a refurbished PS3 and RDR1. I figure, by the time I'm done with it (& The Undead Nightmare DLC), another year will go by and I'll be ready for RDR2 again. I know for a fact I missed a lot of side objective content in it.

Rinse, and repeat and I'll stay entertained...until Rockstar makes another.

Last edited:

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Elden ring is amazing. It is hard as hell though.
I eventually will kiss my family goodbye and play the new Zelda

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Nothing beats the original. You all have that music stuck in your head now.

• Haha
Reactions: kired

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Baldur's Gate 3 is fun. Way different from the previous 2, which I loved, but I'm enjoying it. Starfield releases in a couple weeks and I'll be consumed by that when it does.
I’ve heard great things about this one, but I guess I’ll have to wait til it eventually comes to Xbox. Really looking forward to Starfield

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Good call on Elden Ring. I never made it all the way through because it’s probably the hardest thing I’ve played since the NES days, but it’s a dang near masterpiece

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I feel like it’s been years since a truly great game has come out which probably isn’t too far from the truth being that RDR2 is the last one I can recall. I was really disappointed in Diablo IV since it seemed like it belonged in 2005, and I’ve been so bored with some of the newer stuff lately that I went all the way back to Witcher 3 this past weekend.

I guess it’s finally time to upgrade to the new gen with Starfield coming in a couple weeks. I just hope it’s not a huge disappointment
Still stuck on Apex. I prefer FPS. Battle Royale is fine, but TDM and others work too.

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
I've been playing a lot of NCAA 14 Revamped lately and it's still one of the best sports video games ever made. Can't wait for them to release the new one next summer

Reactions: DawgsGoneWild

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I casually mentioned to my stepson that the best game ever made was RDR. Shortly thereafter she bought me RDR2 for her PS4 that we rarely played. A year later I was still playing the game. This March for my birthday she bought me a refurbished PS3 and RDR1. I figure, by the time I'm done with it (& The Undead Nightmare DLC), another year will go by and I'll be ready for RDR2 again. I know for a fact I missed a lot of side objective content in it.

Rinse, and repeat and I'll stay entertained...until Rockstar makes another.
Did you ever play RD Revolver? It’s obviously not as incredible as the other two but the gameplay is very fun.

Reactions: DoggieDaddy13

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I've been playing a lot of NCAA 14 Revamped lately and it's still one of the best sports video games ever made. Can't wait for them to release the new one next summer
If my ps3 still worked that’s what I’d be playing. 9 years this month since it crashed.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
I'm enjoying Diablo IV. I didn't overplay it when it came out but I finished the storyline, so I have been playing the season content with a new character. I'm in level 60s and still having fun with it.

I am looking forward to Starfield, but I honestly haven't read much of anything about it so I don't know if it's my kinda game or not. Once I slow down with D4 i'll go back to Zelda and pick up where I left off.

I'm so ready for NCAA as well. I do worry a bit though because I'm playing my 10 hour trial period of Madden 24 and it's the SAME GAME. I just don't trust EA. While NCAA will be nostalgic and will have the pageantry of college sports, underneath it all it's probably going to be the same crap that we've played for 2 decades now.

Last edited:

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Diablo 4 is pretty good. End game is lacking, but I'm sure they will improve it like they did with D3.

I play MLB The Show 23 and WWE 2K23 with my son.

Nov 29, 2017
Almost done with Diablo 4. I’ve enjoyed it. Really excited for Starfield. I’m having a kid this week so I doubt I’ll be able to play it as much I want. It looks awesome.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Almost done with Diablo 4. I’ve enjoyed it. Really excited for Starfield. I’m having a kid this week so I doubt I’ll be able to play it as much I want. It looks awesome.
Yeah, I think part of my issue is that I’ve just never been a huge fan of the loot/dungeon crawler games. However, I did really like Diablo 3. I guess I just thought that a game like Diablo 4 would’ve taken a huge leap in areas like quest variety, combat, and whatnot, but it just didn’t for me. It felt highly repetitive after the first couple hours, and the whole always online deal can be really frustrating too.

Based on reviews so far, it sounds like Baldur’s Gate is the game I was hoping Diablo 4 would be

Reactions: PearlRiverCoDawg

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Watched this yesterday looking for something to get into. I'm more of a solo player nowadays just because I can't commit to the time it takes for mmos.

Jumped back into Ark because Ark 2 was coming soon** now it's been delayed to late 2024 so I'm still searching.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Loved RDR and the original Red Dead Revolver. Liked the Western games, like Gun, Call of Juarez, and Outlaws.

Was all excited about RDR2, but for whatever reason couldn't get into it. Keep thinking I might go back to it someday.

I'd like be excited about Starfield and I will probably purchase, but I imagine the gameplay and narrative is not going be all that different or innovative than Skyrim and Fallout.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I am slowly working my way through God of War Ragnorak at the moment. I thought the 2018 God of War was phenomenal. That was a great year for gaming with that and RDR2, which is still one of my favorites too. Ragnorak’s story so far hasn't quite gripped me like I thought it would, but it’s still good and the gameplay and visuals are great.

My most anticipated game right now is Spider-Man 2 which comes out in October. Insomniac’s first two Spidey games have been awesome, especially the first one (the Miles Morales game is like half of a game but still very fun). This new one looks really interesting, excited to see where they go with the symbiote story.

Reactions: Boom Boom

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Loved RDR and the original Red Dead Revolver. Liked the Western games, like Gun, Call of Juarez, and Outlaws.

Was all excited about RDR2, but for whatever reason couldn't get into it. Keep thinking I might go back to it someday.

I'd like be excited about Starfield and I will probably purchase, but I imagine the gameplay and narrative is not going be all that different or innovative than Skyrim and Fallout.
That’s surprising to hear. RDR2 can be a little too massive for me, but that’s one thing I like about it. You can play any type of game you want to. One of the most interesting missions is the drinking with Lenny one. Never had gameplay like that before. It was brilliantly done.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login