OT: Any of you wrestling nerds…

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I'm up by then most mornings, but, if that was all that was on TV I'd go back to bed. Sorry not a fan

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Surprised Miss HS football coaches haven’t pushed for wrestling to be added as a sport. Makes football players much better especially lineman.
I don't know if they all do, but Alex's high school coach tried to get Alex to play football and wrestle. He screwed his knee up too badly and he couldn't play after his 8th grade. He tried to get all the football players to wrestle. They have made the playoffs every year since he took over. He mainly teaches them to deal with contact.

Reactions: 85Bears

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
It’s really good for kids, gives them confidence. my son was 7-8 years old, shy kid and had a kid in soccer who throwing him around a little too often so I put him in wrestling. Well after 7-8 years in wrestling he’s about 230 now and I promise you wouldn’t want to try to throw him around now.
Wrestling is the best sport for little kids. My son started at 6 yo. He’s since moved on to other sports, but I personally miss it. Nothing makes you mentally and physically stronger.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login