OT: Anybody know this guy? Sad story for his wife.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Looks like Hotty Toddy got his bond revoked "despite the pleas of his wife to set him free" What an idiot she is......

As Barney would say, "back to the Rock"
Wow. I wonder if she begged because the repercussions if/when he gets out would be bad if she did not? These situations rarely make any sense. She also may realize she killed the cash cow, not unlike the TAM, and now UM, bball coaches GF.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Wow. I wonder if she begged because the repercussions if/when he gets out would be bad if she did not? These situations rarely make any sense. She also may realize she killed the cash cow, not unlike the TAM, and now UM, bball coaches GF.
Yeah she’s totally innocent and only begged for his release and went to dinner with him for her safety. 100% plausible.

sandwolf.sixpack

Feb 19, 2013
After reading that whole post, I bet the wife won’t testify against him and he ends up getting off with nothing. If that happens, no one to blame but the wife.
I'm no lawyer, but I don't think they need her to testify. They have video of him kicking the **** out of her to go along with a list of injuries that make it sound like she was hit by a truck. I would think that they have a duty to prosecute this guy, and I bet he gets serious time....if I'm on that jury, he's guilty the minute I see the video of him punching her and dragging her in the house by her hair.

Reactions: Shmuley and patdog

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
After reading that whole post, I bet the wife won’t testify against him and he ends up getting off with nothing. If that happens, no one to blame but the wife.
^^^ Has NOT seen the video where the douche beat the ever-living s h i t out of her and drug her a s s all over their driveway and yard. He will plead eventually. He will get 3-5 years, with some suspended and time served and he'll be out inside of 18 months.

Oh, and this whole sordid shitastic affair comes down to swingers doing swinger things and a husband losing his s h i t over his drunkass wife telling him how much she enjoyed his buddy's Polska kielbasa.

patdog

May 28, 2007
If someone did the below to me, I'd be looking to pay them back:

"The Flowood detective stated her injuries were:

1. Fractured right ankle

2. Fractured left cheekbone

3. Lacerated liver

4. Broken ribs (#10 and #11)

5. Strangulation marks on her neck

6. Missing hair on her head

7. Extensive bruising on her left arm and stomach.

The victim was hospitalized at St. Dominic Hospital but her injuries required her to be transferred to UMMC. Mardis flew the next morning to Tampa on his private jet on a business trip..."
That must have been some kind of bad car wreck to cause all those injuries. **

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
^^^ Has NOT seen the video where the douche beat the ever-living s h i t out of her and drug her a s s all over their driveway and yard. He will plead eventually. He will get 3-5 years, with some suspended and time served and he'll be out inside of 18 months.

Oh, and this whole sordid shitastic affair comes down to swingers doing swinger things and a husband losing his s h i t over his drunkass wife telling him how much she enjoyed his buddy's Polska kielbasa.
Maybe roids have the husband lacking in this area.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010

Allow me to ask an ignorant question. Can the state proceed with charges if the victim declines to press charges? I ask because your reply indicates they can but I’ve heard numerous instances of the state dropping charges or not charging if the victim declines. Are assault charges treated differently than theft in this regard?

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Allow me to ask an ignorant question. Can the state proceed with charges if the victim declines to press charges? I ask because your reply indicates they can but I’ve heard numerous instances of the state dropping charges or not charging if the victim declines. Are assault charges treated differently than theft in this regard?
The charges are not the victim's to drop. The charges emanated from the law enforcement investigator's review of the victim's injuries, the victim's own statements about the incident and the videotape of the incident.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Pretty much all crime (and maybe actually all crime?) is classified as an offense against the state. That's why the it's styled State v. "Defendant", and not "Victim" v. "Defendant".

As a technical matter, once the police are aware of a crime, the prosecution is out of the victim's mind. As a practical matter, they will defer to the victim on most matters, partly because if the victim is willing to let it go, they don't see it as serious, and partly because without the cooperation of the victim, it's a hard case to win. Domestic violence is one of the crimes where they actually try to not defer to the victim, just because it's so common for a victim to ask for charges to be dropped and then show up with much more serious injuries. But if they need the victim's testimony, it's still going to limit how hard they can push since they dont' want to go through the expense of trial and then either have a victim that is working to present the defendant's actions in the best possible light.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I guess I just don't understand how swinging works, but I would have thought once you've signed off on each other 17ing other people, you'd more or less have made peace with the idea of other people 17ing your spouse.

catvet

May 11, 2009
There is no excuse to beat anyone, nevertheless a woman to that extent. The really need to know what it feels like to be powerless to stop being injured like that. I wish him nothing but the worst the rest of his life.

Having said that, I don't want to hear a word about his wife who should have moved and never saw him again. Having dinner a few weeks later. Hard for me to feel sympathy for her either.

Reactions: patdog

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
The victim isn’t a party in any criminal case. It’s the City or State or Feds against the defendant.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
I guess I just don't understand how swinging works, but I would have thought once you've signed off on each other 17ing other people, you'd more or less have made peace with the idea of other people 17ing your spouse.
Since I wasn't there when the Michelob Ultra was talking, I have to assume that micro-dick got really pissed when he heard her slurring how impressed she was with the "girth" and stamina of the guy who probably took his money from him on 18 at Reunion.

Reactions: DAWGSANDSAINTS

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
The victim isn’t a party in any criminal case. It’s the City or State or Feds against the defendant.
So a general reply to all of y’all. Recently discussing local theft at Walmarts with members of law enforcement. They were frustrated that they would arrest people for shoplifting but Walmart would decline to press charges, so the shoplifters would never be punished. What’s the difference in this case?
Also, I don’t remember Ray Rice being charged. What was the difference there? He was on camera knocking that woman out cold.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
It’s almost like sex is more than just a physical act.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Despite what you see on TV or in high profile cases, I doubt Rankin County is going to bring in experts to testify her injuries happened by his fists vs an auto accident. There is allegedly video from their home security system, but we don't know what is on it. This case will be pled out and he'll get some type of suspended sentence/probation, counseling and time served. Especially if his wife (the victim) and their kids testify on his behalf. At most he'll get 6 months to a year in some type of half way house or local jail. If this goes to trail, the state could lose especially with her "I was injured in an auto accident" defense. The big unknown is what's on the home security footage and if it will be admissible.

Last edited:

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
So a general reply to all of y’all. Recently discussing local theft at Walmarts with members of law enforcement. They were frustrated that they would arrest people for shoplifting but Walmart would decline to press charges, so the shoplifters would never be punished. What’s the difference in this case?
Also, I don’t remember Ray Rice being charged. What was the difference there? He was on camera knocking that woman out cold.
That’s on the prosecutor. A victim doesn’t press charges. But, if you are a prosecutor and the victim does not care, why waste your time? Same for Ray Rice.

Personally, I think you stay out of people’s lives if they want to continue to be a victim. The truth of the matter is that the victim, unless she wants to change AND seeks extensive therapy, will find another man to abuse her. It works the same way for the man. He’s gonna find another to abuse. Full disclaimer, I’m a reformed attorney turned full-time farmer. I remember having three separate DV clients over a 3 yr span…with the same victim. It’s a power dynamic for both and both are sick.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Since I wasn't there when the Michelob Ultra was talking, I have to assume that micro-dick got really pissed when he heard her slurring how impressed she was with the "girth" and stamina of the guy who probably took his money from him on 18 at Reunion.
This ^^
😂

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login