OT: anyone have friends or family in western North Carolina that we can be praying for?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Every disaster has the area that seems to be forgotten, similar to how the Land Mass was in Katrina. That flooding is bad there, Biltmore underwater, and nobody seems to be talking about it.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Cousins in Candler, just outside Asheville. They’re safe. No water or electricity expected for at least a week, but they’re safe and their son is bringing them supplies.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
It wiped out the Augusta area for power. They have estimated by Saturday midnight. We evacuated to Columbia. Wife is going to run supplies to augusta tomorrow morning.

Would imagine cochise is in a similar predicament since he's in same area as we are.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Been following some guys flying copters in and out of Asheville. They’re flying in supplies and getting people out who need medical attention. All the towns and communities up and down the rivers are all isolated with no communication. There’s no telling how many people might be dead. Just total devastation.

Screenshot 2024-09-29 at 4.37.12 PM.jpeg

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
Yes. Two classmates from Copiah Academy class of '88 and their families. One I've heard from and he is ok. The other hasn't been heard from. Both live in Ashville area.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
My brother lives there (Sylva) and narrowly avoided disaster. Water was 10" deep in the crawlspace under his house but did not reach the floor. He has power and water. Communication is a major problem though.

People two doors down weren't so lucky and had 3 feet of water in their living space.

It's a disaster for sure. I pity the Asheville folks.

17itdawg

Sep 30, 2022
I lived in Sylva from 2010-2018 met my wife living there. Then we were north of Boone until July when we moved the Upstate of SC right across the border. Stuck it out Friday night. Been in a hotel since Saturday. My job is closed until at least Thursday. My kids school is closed this entire week. My wife is currently working in a hotel room with our 80lbs dog, my 4 year old son, my 3 year old son, and me; how she can concentrate baffles me. Having said all of that, we were very lucky we had no damage to our house or property. Lots of our friends have lost everything. We were able to get out. We know multiple people and families that have had to be flown out by helicopter.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login