OT: Aretha Franklin's "Natural Woman" is problematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Your side started and champions outrage agendas.
My side? I still am unsure as to what side that is. I don't get a newsletter, listen to a radio show, or watch a TV show to find out what the latest outrage issue is.

In this thread I said if this were real, I would question it's use. That apparently means nothing.

Speaking of outrage, I just saw Microsoft XBOX is being ripped apart on Twitter by conservative politicians and groups because a default power setting will save electricity moving forward. Something that can be easily changed to whatever setting a user wants has triggered a whole bunch of outrage.
Rabble Rabble Rabble!

Reactions: Dawgg

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
This thread started by putting something out there designed as parody but some will fall for it as we've all done one time or another. The major thing going on these days is public schools sneaking behind parent's backs allowing school kids as young as 6 changing their pronouns while at school. If you don't believe this, you are limiting your news choices badly. Puberty blockers and the mutilation of teenage bodies is starting to show devastating results as well. Our focus, IMO should be our country's children.

Trans Gender Schools Parents.jpg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Your side started and champions outrage agendas.
"Your side". This is a large part of the problem, not @paindonthurt specifically, but the fact that our two party system has effectively caused a large part of out country to hate "the other side", blame them for everything, see everything through a right/left lense, etc. It serves the parties well because they can keep on with hateful divisive rhetoric to stoke the base for votes, but is detrimental to the country.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The University of Liverpool School of Law and Social Justice, huh? I bet you're right, that that's where IBleedMaroonDawg heard about it.
I got it from my Bill Maher Twitter feed. Did I do a bad thing? You don't like it mute me

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I can’t believe a thread about a parody Twitter account, which was shown to be parody within five posts, now has more than 40 posts. God, baseball season can’t get here quickly enough.
And you better hope we are good, or we will be OT then too.

ETA: Unless we can get some healthy banter going on bunting...

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
I don't get a newsletter, listen to a radio show, or watch a TV show to find out what the latest outrage issue is.
….
Maybe telegraph, then??? You’re getting your talking points somewhere. Exhibit A:

I just saw Microsoft XBOX is being ripped apart on Twitter by conservative politicians and groups because a default power setting will save electricity moving forward. Something that can be easily changed to whatever setting a user wants has triggered a whole

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
My side? I still am unsure as to what side that is. I don't get a newsletter, listen to a radio show, or watch a TV show to find out what the latest outrage issue is.

In this thread I said if this were real, I would question it's use. That apparently means nothing.

Speaking of outrage, I just saw Microsoft XBOX is being ripped apart on Twitter by conservative politicians and groups because a default power setting will save electricity moving forward. Something that can be easily changed to whatever setting a user wants has triggered a whole bunch of outrage.
Rabble Rabble Rabble!
Your side. Far left loons.

Reactions: GloryDawg

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
"Your side". This is a large part of the problem, not @paindonthurt specifically, but the fact that our two party system has effectively caused a large part of out country to hate "the other side", blame them for everything, see everything through a right/left lense, etc. It serves the parties well because they can keep on with hateful divisive rhetoric to stoke the base for votes, but is detrimental to the country.
Yeah like hating donald trump as a far right white supremacist?

Thats definitely a "right/conservative" issue.

For instance, I wouldn't have voted for Bill Clinton at the time, but in hindsight if i knew i was getting the exact same bill clinton i'd probably vote for him in the future depending on who he was running against.

Didn't believe in all of his social stances but he was good for the country economically which is what matters. I can over look the other issues due to his actual policies being good for the country. NOW YOU DO DONALD TRUMP.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Maybe telegraph, then??? You’re getting your talking points somewhere. Exhibit A:

I just saw Microsoft XBOX is being ripped apart on Twitter by conservative politicians and groups because a default power setting will save electricity moving forward. Something that can be easily changed to whatever setting a user wants has triggered a whole

Yeah, google pushed me a FoxNews article about the XBOX 'issue'.
...but that isnt a talking point, its me commenting on a current outrage issue that has people on the right frothing.

Lets see, this morning I was pushed an article about the CA shooting in Half Moon Bay(my home address was there during college, fun fact!), this XBOX 'issue' came my way, some story about Zoe Saldana having more $2b movies than MCU characters was also pushed to me, and an article that claims Americans are frustrated with the car buying process was also one I chose to read.
All in all, a pretty mind numbing handful of articles. I cant say any of them are the best, but one did stick out as being the dumbest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login