OT: Bathroom Signs

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I actively despise places that don't make it easy to discern which is which. This was far more of a problem in my drinking days.
debbie downer GIF

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
My all-time favorite from The Cherokee location on North State Street in Jackson back in the early 90's.

Someone wrote in magic marker above the urinal
"I 17'ed your mom"
Just below it someone else with clearly different handwriting wrote
"Go Home Dad, you're drunk!"

Last edited:

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Chapman’s restaurant between Corinth and Walnut had:
Setters
Pointers

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
There's a sign at a TCU bar I went to watch the Natty Game that says: "Don't Do Coke In The Bathroom".

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Not really signs on the doors, but somewhere I have old pics from the wall inside the restroom at The Pub.

I'm guessing they've painted over "Sum Ting Wong" by now.

RIP Original48

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
Lake Dixie Springs aka the Mallard in Summit. In college 32 years ago I wrote 'Brew Crew was here' on the bathroom in homage to our intramural basketball team at State. I was at LDS drinking with friends on a weekend trip home. Every time I'd go there after that I'd add the date of that day.
The place burned to the ground a few years ago, taking no less than 20 dates on that bathroom wall with it.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Lake Dixie Springs aka the Mallard in Summit. In college 32 years ago I wrote 'Brew Crew was here' on the bathroom in homage to our intramural basketball team at State. I was at LDS drinking with friends on a weekend trip home. Every time I'd go there after that I'd add the date of that day.
The place burned to the ground a few years ago, taking no less than 20 dates on that bathroom wall with it.
Sharpie is highly flammable. Way to go.**

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
For some reason this bathroom sign always makes me chuckle. I mean really--if they have to be told to wash their hands after using the restroom, that may be the least of my worries concerning the people that handle my food!!!

1722538210549.png

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Went to a Mexican place the other day that had "pipi y kaka" for the hallway to the bathrooms. Didn't go look at the doors.

Have also been in one that had "women's room" on the back of the men's door.

Also, one of the hamburger chains in Austin had one way mirrors peering out to the restaurant

Reactions: Darryl Steight

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
This has been a fun and funny thread.

First one was clear, third I'd need to think about for a second but the second one I honestly have no clue. Assume I was taught chromosomes somewhere along the way but it went in and out just as fast as info I didn't need to remember. Still don't know which I am and don't care.

On the other hand, flew into NOLA for the first time around 2000 and had the "need to pee on arrival syndrome". Finally got off the plane and saw MENS in foot tall letters and made a bee line. It was packed with WOMENS all staring at me. Still remember my mind spinning .... am I on Candid Camera? (being punked in todays language), I'm not a creep! do I say anything? Eased on back out and there it was .... the WO. Never been so embarrassed in my life and obviously still remember it.
In my defense, this was one of the first "open entrance" restrooms I recall with a curved wall, glass blocks, etc. and from the angle I had getting off the plane I just saw the MENS part of it. I've double checked ever since.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
In my defense, this was one of the first "open entrance" restrooms I recall with a curved wall, glass blocks, etc. and from the angle I had getting off the plane I just saw the MENS part of it. I've double checked ever since.

I don't know your age friend, but I can guess it. We've all done something similar at least once. We're all still at risk of repeating, especially at this McGuire's folks have mentioned.

Next time, go in gun in hand.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
My favorite doggerel was inscribed on the wall at Dixie Springs (I remember your Brew Crew inscription as well):

“We are the boys from Southern Illinois,
We live in caves and ditches,
We beat our cock$ on jagged rocks,
Cuz we’re rugged sonsofbitches.”

• Haha
Reactions: Wesson Bulldog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login