OT: Been to Las Vegas lately?

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
I’m here, getting on a red eye soon. Caesars.
I’ve not been here in probably 6 years, but wtf. Seems to be more insane than I remember price wise.
$9 for two mountain dews
$14 for 1 can of Copenhagen (redneck discrimination)
Of course they won’t send house keeping unless you REALLY need it. But BY GOD they found time to replace the two Coronas I grabbed from the mini bar.

Ed: the On The Rocks premixed Old Fashions with Knob Creek are really good and only $18 which is cheaper than the bar. So I’ve got that going for me. Yeah I’m bored..and pissed I don’t have Metallica tickets for tonight

Last edited:

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I left Vegas yesterday. Can’t speak to Mountain Dew or Copenhagen prices

I stayed at NoMad this time. Vegas Ubers were cheap at least. Slots weren’t.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
I left Vegas yesterday. Can’t speak to Mountain Dew or Copenhagen prices

Are you a physician?

Yeah Ubers aren’t bad. I’m hopefully getting in one in 30m. I can see the Caesar’s taxi line from my room and it was nuts an hour ago but I’m assuming it was the concert rush.

Last edited:

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Yep.

I had an easy time with it. Park MGM/NoMad was nice because the Uber drop off area is away from the strip. I’ve never stayed at Caesars but I might at some point because I want to stay somewhere with poker next time. Venetian/Palazzo, Aria/Vdara, and Mandalay Bay/Delano are on my short list though. Probably will stay at one of the latter because I get MGM comps

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
I’ll say I always had a good impression of Caesars, but was not super impressed. (Lots of construction tho).
Went to dinner at Aria last night and it looked nice. Also didn’t realize that Cosmo was a Marriott property so if I came on my own dollar I might try that.
Caesars definitely has that classic feel..and poker which I got a couple of hours to play today.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I’ve had a few drinks/meals at cosmo and like it. Not sure I will stay there anytime soon but I like stopping by. Great location too. Secret pizza is nice there if you’re hungry late night. Everyone was talking about how Hard Rock just bought Mirage and is turning it into a guitar, so it’ll be interesting to see how that turns out. I like Mirage even though people hate on it

Also went downtown and saw Circa which has a pretty awesome sports viewing area. Also has a massive pool/sports screens but didn’t get to see that

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
I will be there in a little less than two weeks so I look forward to any other reports you come back with before you leave

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I’ve had a few drinks/meals at cosmo and like it. Not sure I will stay there anytime soon but I like stopping by. Great location too. Secret pizza is nice there if you’re hungry late night. Everyone was talking about how Hard Rock just bought Mirage and is turning it into a guitar, so it’ll be interesting to see how that turns out. I like Mirage even though people hate on it

Also went downtown and saw Circa which has a pretty awesome sports viewing area. Also has a massive pool/sports screens but didn’t get to see that
I stayed on the 73rd floor at the Cosmo. It was high enough to where you didn’t hear the fountain but had a cool view of it. You are 100 percent correct, the secret pizza is great. Stk was very good as well, but I wasn’t paying for it.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
You've obviously never bought tobacco in Canada. I paid something like $11 for a pouch of Redman about 15 years ago in Alberta. On top of that, it wasn't even a full sized pouch. Dip was even worse. Twice as much and the can was really thin. Same circumference, but the depth of the can was probably a 1/2 inch.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I haven’t been to STK in Vegas but I’ve been to the one in Atlanta. I bet the one in Vegas is good. I didn’t like the one in Atlanta that much but it was mostly the crowd and the people working there. I’m sure STK in the cosmopolitan has its **** together. We went to Bavette’s in ParkMGM for the first time and had a great aged NY Strip there and great drinks. The NoMad Library was a cool experience but Bavette’s had better food. Eataly had some cool bar/appetizer options. Kind of refreshing to have a smoke free place. Only issue with ParkMGM was a lot of the bars/restaurants weren’t open midweek

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
I’ll say I always had a good impression of Caesars, but was not super impressed. (Lots of construction tho).
Went to dinner at Aria last night and it looked nice. Also didn’t realize that Cosmo was a Marriott property so if I came on my own dollar I might try that.
Caesars definitely has that classic feel..and poker which I got a couple of hours to play today.

Venetian and Aria are my two favorites. MGM, Bellagio, and Caesar’s would in the tier just below that.

Never stayed at Cosmo or Wynn, but I bet I would really like both of those as well.

Best poker rooms, imo, are at Venetian, Bellagio, and Aria.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Did I yell hail state outside the Bellagio to one of you yesterday?

Sorry, got excited to see an MSU sweatshirt. Also...Vegas drunk.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I almost posted to see if anyone else was in town, so we could set up a sixpack tailgate tent in the Waldorf and spray Copenhagen all over skybar

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
About 10 years ago, we sat across from the bellagio for dinner. I had 2 macallens on the rocks. Got the bill and it was $54 just for those 2 drinks. At the time, a bottle of macallen cost around that. And yes I can afford it, but **** that hurt.

ArcadeDawg

Jan 14, 2016
Last time in Vegas we had the prime rib at Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill at Caesars Palace.
It was very good. One of the best meals of the trip.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login