OT: Best movies to watch while stoned

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022
That list is awful personally. I’m maybe watching 2 of the movies on that entire list. Not really sure how you have this conversation without more comedies. Dumb and dumber, half baked, how high, and LIFE with Eddie Murphy and Martian Lawrence to name a few.

Reactions: DJ Gamecock

vacock

Joined Oct 26, 1998 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 20, 2022
Heavy Metal

I don’t like being stoned or out of control. If I did this would probably be the movie.

Reactions: bayrooster
Mar 24, 2022
I’m past all that stuff but I remember everybody being stoned at Star Wars and when they went into Warp drive or whatever they called it ,going Whoa Man did you see that?Then you’d get into the car and listen to Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon.I killed a lot of brain cells in those days.

Mar 24, 2022
Wally Gator was the swingingest alligator in the swamp.
If I’m going cartoon it’s got to be Deputy Dawg.Can’t beat Muskie and the highly underrated Vincent Van Gopher and The Creek Snake is up there with the flying monkeys of Wizard of Oz for most scary.

DJ Gamecock

Feb 12, 2022
Maybe a conversation starter? Here's an interesting selection:
12 Secret Stoner Movies (GQ, 2013)

Good idea. Thanks for posting this! Nat Lamp's Vacation almost has to be the funniest and you get to see Christie Brinkley in her prime as a bonus.

I'd definitely add "2001: A Space Odyssey", speaking only as an observer of the human condition. 😁

I heard when this movie was shown in the Russell House theatre in the late 1970s, about HALF of the audience was either stoned or tripping on some blotter acid that was going around on campus. Can anyone here confirm that? It's OK. The statute of limitations has run out long ago. LOL

Reactions: Fourth and One

DJ Gamecock

Feb 12, 2022
I'd have to throw in Cheech and Chong's "Up in Smoke". It's great comedy stoned or not.

You're right! How'd THEY get left out? (No secret!) Did y'all see them arrive at the premiere of their new movie called "Cheech and Chong's Last Movie"?

Description: Step into the laugh-filled world of Cheech and Chong at SXSW 2024! Witness as the legendary duo makes a grand entrance in a classic Cadillac, towing a colossal joint, and greeting fans and the press with their trademark humor. ‘Cheech & Chong’s Last Movie’ takes us on a hilarious and poignant journey through the lives of these pioneers of stoner comedy.

See Cheech & Chong arrive at SXSW with THE biggest burning joint you have EVER seen!

Last edited:
Reactions: Roosterbell

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
I'd have to throw in Cheech and Chong's "Up in Smoke". It's great comedy stoned or not.

I was going to say that has to be at the top of the list! I’ll never forget the look on the cashiers face as we bought tickets, she looked at us and just shook her head! That opening scene and song to Apocalypse Now and the whole movie for that matter is a trip! And of course The Wizard of Oz!

DJ Gamecock

Feb 12, 2022
I'm a HUGE fan of The Matrix movies! ALL of them are great!

I love the description in this article for the 3rd Matrix movie. Hey, if that was a flop, there wouldn't have been a 4th movie made many years later.

You MUST check out my DJ Gamecock remix track called "The Matrix Megamix" on YouTube! It features the famous lobby fight scene in reverse!

This video is also brilliantly put together by a USC computer genius who once happened to be a roommate in the old now-demolished Towers.

You'll also find this audio at SoundCloud. BONUS: If you can set this track to play as your wakeup song, you'll NEVER oversleep ever again! Hehe

The Matrix Megamix by DJ Gamecock

Whatcha think of it? Do tell us! :)

For more about DJ Gamecock, check out his cool Linktree website!

DJ Gamecock Linktree

HEADS UP: You may notice in the above link DJ Gamecock will be playing 420 minutes (7 HOURS!) of clean 420 music with cannabis themes on the South Carolina Statehouse Capital steps at the 2025 3rd Annual South Carolina Cannabis Supporters Rally (January 31, 2025 10am to 5 pm). Mark the LAST day on your 2024 calendar as a reminder! SC is WAY overdue on cannabis law reform (ranked 46th) & we do need to catch up!

The South Carolina Cannabis Coalition is the sponsor for this event. At 4:20 pm, there will be a walk (march?) around the outside sidewalk of the capital. After the rally, some of us will hold up signs for cars by the Statehouse in 5 O'Clock traffic jam saying "HONK for Legal Weed in SC!".

For more on the SCCC, check out their very informative Linktree!

South Carolina Cannabis Coalition

Last edited:

DJ Gamecock

Feb 12, 2022
Details on the SXSW premiere of "Cheech & Chong's Last Movie"...

"Bursting onto the comedy scene in the early 1970s, Cheech and Chong brought drugs, sex, and rock’n’roll into the oeuvre, transforming them into stand-up-icons, counterculture rock stars, and Hollywood legends. Explosively funny, their irreverent stoner humor has translated into sold-out concerts, platinum-selling records, and box-office-smashing films. How did Cheech & Chong ignite the imaginations of a global audience and maintain their relevance through 50 years (and counting) of pop culture? The first ever fully authorized Cheech & Chong documentary takes you on a poignant and hilarious journey into the lives and partnership of one of the greatest comic duos of all time."

Directed by David Bushell and starring Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong.

Cheech & Chong's Last Movie | 2024 SXSW Film & TV Red Carpet + Q&A

Fourth and One

Joined Sep 23, 2020
Jan 19, 2022
Any of the Bourne movies as long as you've seen them once or mindless movies with alot of action work for me. If you miss a bit of the plot, no big deal.

DJ Gamecock

Feb 12, 2022
Which CLASSIC movie was NOT included in that article (or mentioned here yet), but probably should have been? Need any HINT(s)?

Your United States Federal Government wanted as many people as possible to see this film in 1936. WHY? To SCARE the Public!

It was a scary movie back then, but today it's a comedy. Sadly, some SC legislators still believe in this BS anti-weed propaganda!

This movie was shown to USC students in the Russell House Ballroom just before a speech by Keith Stroup, Executive Director of
NORML (National Organization for Reform of Marijuana Laws) and benefit concert for USC NORML (Official student organization!).

INFO: Reefer Madness (originally made as Tell Your Children and sometimes titled as The Burning Question, Dope Addict, Doped Youth, and Love Madness) is a 1936 American propaganda film revolving around the melodramatic events that ensue when high school students are lured by pushers to try marijuana - from a hit and run accident, to manslaughter, suicide, attempted rape, hallucinations, and descent into madness due to marijuana addiction. The film was directed by Louis Gasnier and featured a cast of mainly little-known actors.

Originally financed by a church group under the title Tell Your Children, the film was intended to be shown to parents as a morality tale attempting to teach them about the dangers of cannabis use. However, soon after the film was shot, it was purchased by producer Dwain Esper, who re-cut the film for distribution on the exploitation film circuit beginning in 1938–1939 through the 1940s and 1950s.

The film was "rediscovered" in the early 1970s and gained new life as an unintentional satire among advocates of cannabis policy reform. Critics, however, have panned it as one of the worst films ever made. Today, it is in the public domain in the United States.

Watch it (or the movie trailer) FREE on YouTube NOW!

Reefer Madness ORIGINAL TRAILER - 1936 (Not the full film)

OR...

Reefer Madness (1936) Classic | Full B&W Movie | Subtitled

OR...

Reefer Madness (1936) Full Movie Colorized

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lou219
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login