OT: best music streaming service (free or paid)?

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
YT music, Spotify, Pandora, etc.? I will say that most of my music is not very well known and I have YT Music the best for that, but considering branching out to others.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
I’ve had Spotify from very early on so it’s hard to move to another, with years of play lists etc. That being said, I’ve recently put together somewhat of a “HiFi” system and wish Spotify would implement lossless audio as Apple and Amazon(and others) have. There has been talk that they will but they haven’t yet.
I signed up for an Amazon trial, but our Amazon accounts are so jacked up beyond belief I wasn’t able to even try their lossless music. If lossless isn’t important to you(for most it isn’t) then hard to go wrong with any of them.

side comment, Amazon interfaces, with Prime, Music, etc is the worst. Especially Prime video. It’s almost like they don’t even care. And merging accounts etc is a nightmare, at least for me. And there apparently is zero support to help fix it.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005
YT music, Spotify, Pandora, etc.? I will say that most of my music is not very well known and I have YT Music the best for that, but considering branching out to others.
I love Spotify. I do the family plan. 15.99 a month and I have 6 people on my plan. I also get all of my mississippi state related podcasts there. Plus Rogan (with video) and many others.

Edit: you can also download songs andnpodcasts for offline listening. I used it to download podcasts before a filght before. Useful.

Last edited:

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I don’t know the correct answer, but the current version on Amazon Music that is included with your Prime subscription sucks. They updated it about a month ago and are now basically forcing you into paying for Amazon Unlimited. Previously, l could download about 90% of the songs I ever wanted to listen to, maybe not always the studio version, but a good live version. Now, if you select a song, you don’t necessarily get that song, but you get to listen to songs of that genre. No clue what the off line version is like now, I haven’t tried it.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
I have Apple Music. Really like it. I’ve never used Spotify premium but I’m pretty sure it’s the most popular by a good margin.
The little I’ve used Amazon music the interface was a nightmare as others have mentioned. That’s been a few years probably but it doesn’t seem to have improved.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
I’m glad I’m not the only one frustrated with Amazon on multiple platforms. I had an account years ago, and it’s been impossible to merge seamlessly with what’s I’d describe as the ‘family’ account. It’s been over a decade now.
And just on interface, Prime Video is the absolute worst. They don’t care.

Music interface actually looked pretty good and intuitive but I couldn’t get the account stuff to work.

Ill stick with Spotify for now.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
It depends on the situation.

I usually go with Spotify or Amazon Music but there are acts that don’t do well on those services.

I used to not like the Avett Brothers and refused to see them perform because I dislike their albums but when I went to a show with a friend I was pleasantly surprised that their show was good.

My friend said that she thought the Avetts last few albums had been overproduced so she could understand why I was reluctant to see them.

So for them YT or live albums would be best.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
My family uses Amazon Premium since we all listen and often its concurrent.
I dont remember the last time I looked for a song to add to a playlist and couldnt find it. Take that for what its worth.

As mentioned by Jethreaux, the recent update to free Prime music is less than ideal.

FishinDawg

Aug 22, 2012
Spotify Family Plan is the best $15.99 I spend every month.

Also Nugs.net is great if you're into Jam Bands and live music. I use it quite a bit.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
I'm using Spotify Premium. I like being able to download podcasts and playlists in case I run out of signal and it integrates into Waze.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
I've been with YouTube Music since it started as Google Play Music. It serves me just fine.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login