OT: Bourbon Trail Trip

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Brought this up a while back. But it's time to start planning.

Week of October 10th head to Kentucky to hit a few distilleries each day for a few days and then the football game at Kentucky on Saturday.

I'm coming from a long way out and will probably make the most of it by getting into Louisville Monday night and then hitting some oddball places Tuesday, whiskey row and Louisville Slugger in Louisville on Wednesday, and then the big name distilleries Thursday/Friday with a tour/driving service before heading to the game on Saturday.

I know NTDawg is in.
NOATLDAWG and benatmsu said they were in.

Anyone else interested? I figured if you can only make one or two days it will work out, just jump in on Thursday or Friday. We can plan accordingly to hit any must sees those days.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Yes I’m in. Looking forward to it and thanks JLS for organizing this.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Gotcha. I will give it a week or two to see if we have any others and we can start working on a plan after get a headcount.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I’m still a firm maybe. Will depend on my life situation at that point, but one of my former roommates/best friends moved to Lexington last year, so I would like to if it all lines up

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
I think Keenland is running that weekend also. I highly recommend spending a day there because Churchill is way over rated for races. If you don't have a full day to spend at the races I would look at doing a back stage tour at Churchill while in Louisville during the week. Friday or Sunday would be my picks for Keenland they tend to have better handicaps on those days.

Digging dog

Aug 22, 2012
Will be making 1st trip to Kentucky this yr as well. Planning on coming in either Wednesday night of Thursday

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Final bump. Getting ready to start a group text in a few weeks to iron out details. Tours fill up pretty quick so we want to book the popular ones as early as possible.

If anyone is interested let me know bias this thread or PM. I have shot a message to you if you showed interest already. If I missed you, just let me know.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login