OT: Bourbon Weather

BlameTheDogs

Oct 18, 2019
What y’all drinking on during this cooler weather? Got my hands on a bottle of Blanton’s in Canton recently, haven’t opened it yet. Still loving Larceny as my daily drinker.

Reactions: BingleCocktail

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
The Pizza Hut on West Government street in Brandon is shutting down. They are putting a liquor store in. Times are changing. There are three approved permits in the city of Brandon.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Buy yourself a gift bottle of Jack Daniels Gold No 27. If you can find it for around $100 you did good. I had bought it for my friends Birthday a few years back. He broke it out for my induction and we were both very impressed it how absolutely smooth it was. It is for a special occasion but it is so good.

Bourbon Dog

Sep 28, 2022
Rabbit Hole Kentucky Straight Bourbon. Tastes great and reminds me of some of the threads this week.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
What y’all drinking on during this cooler weather? Got my hands on a bottle of Blanton’s in Canton recently, haven’t opened it yet. Still loving Larceny as my daily drinker.

Guilty of passing on Larceny so many times. I've heard nothing but great things about it but I seem to get fools gold eye and buy something else. Did the same with Russell's reserve until recently when I forced myself to buy it and man it's so good! Larceny is next. There is so much great stuff out there!

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Guilty of passing on Larceny so many times. I've heard nothing but great things about it but I seem to get fools gold eye and buy something else. Did the same with Russell's reserve until recently when I forced myself to buy it and man it's so good! Larceny is next. There is so much great stuff out there!
For the price point, you can't beat it. Larceny and Elijah Craig are my go-tos.

Reactions: HRMSU

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
Bought a bottle of Blanton’s at Costco last week for $53.47 tax included.
Day before I went to CAET and ordered 2 drinks of Blanton’s….. 17 $107 tax included. Told them to kiss my ***. I would pay $50 but that’s it.

It is so damn smooth…

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Georgia Single Barrel by 2nd City out of Augusta. I lean toward their vodka normally and a few other things, but picked up this one to enjoy.

CDawg08

Oct 5, 2022
Been on Knob Creek kick for while now has become my go to. Larceny is good too though and Uncle Nearest but haven’t been able to find any lately

Reactions: BingleCocktail

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
My dad drank a 5th of Kentucky Tavern everday. That along with 3 packs of smokes and poor diet is why he didn't make it to my current age of 59. I'm sure that stuff is cheap as hell if it's even around anymore.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
No bourbon but in honor of Bama game weekend I just stopped by a Dodges and picked up a 32oz Miller High Life.

Reactions: Seinfeld

cfree3434

Jan 14, 2021
I stick to alot of store picks that I pick up around my area. Lots of mgp picks, blue note, etc. Outside of store picks, anything beam- knob12, bakers, bookers. I cycle through different stuff. Just depends on what I'm feeling

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
Buy yourself a gift bottle of Jack Daniels Gold No 27. If you can find it for around $100 you did good. I had bought it for my friends Birthday a few years back. He broke it out for my induction and we were both very impressed it how absolutely smooth it was. It is for a special occasion but it is so good.
how does that compare to gentleman jack?

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Picked up a bottle of Russell's Reserve 13 year today. I'll probably start on it and switch to hemlock by halftime.

Reactions: NTDawg

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Tell me you paired it with some chicken and Jojos. Man I miss Dodges
I wanted to, there’s nothing like Dodges hot wings and beer but alas me and the Mrs were going out to dinner at Proffits Porch in a couple of hours and I didn’t want to ruin that. I finished the night with half a seafood on French and a bowl of gumbo. Washed it all down with a pitcher of Samuel Adams Oktoberfest. I was riding with my brother and he stopped for gas, I went in to get a beer and he wanted a small Coke. The 32oz beer was $1.49, the 12oz Coke was $1.69, what’s this world coming to?

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Going to break out my Big Horn Bourbon shortly. It is excellent but you can’t get it around here. Is made in Montana. I usually pick some up every time I go to Wyoming. Similar to Buffalo Trace according to my taste buds but smoother and just a hint of sweetness. Joe Lee Socks is familiar with it and can probably describe it much better than I can. I highly recommend it.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
I’m starting by finishing off a Knob Creek sib store pick, best pick I have ever had, then plan on switching to Penelope cask strength then whatever sounds good

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login