Week 6 Bowl Projections

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Sjsu Theres A Chance GIF by San Jose State Spartans

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I think they know there will not be enough teams to fill all the bowls. But maybe they mix us up with Ole Miss for a change.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
I think they know there will not be enough teams to fill all the bowls. But maybe they mix us up with Ole Miss for a change.
It’s possible the hardworking staff at louisianalouisianasports.net has little enough clue about what’s happening or put little enough effort into this to project state to Tampa.
I think it’s more likely (like a LOT more likely) that they inserted the State logo where Ole Miss should have gone.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Wait. How many wins did we have in 2020?
Surely you aren't trying to equate 3 wins in the COVID SEC-only 10 game season to a regular season with 12 games and 8 SEC games? I've done this analysis many times, if you look at SEC win percentage, that 3-7 2020 year was more like a 6-6 season in a regular year.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It’s possible the hardworking staff at louisianalouisianasports.net has little enough clue about what’s happening or put little enough effort into this to project state to Tampa.
I think it’s more likely (like a LOT more likely) that they inserted the State logo where Ole Miss should have gone.
If there's one thing that no longer matters, it's the bowl system.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
As for the possibility of not enough bowl teams:
Our most recent APR is tied for 24th (and 25-27) nationally, 5th in the conference. That’s better than I expected given the attrition we’ve had in the last few years, although I don’t really know much about how that’s formulated. I seem to remember that transfers out don’t dock you as long as they were on track when they left- but I could be completely making that up. Maybe @615dawg knows more about the process. It has fallen from 19th a year ago.
Regardless, what matters is that we’re 24-27th, and notably behind Auburn and ahead of Florida of teams they didn’t project to a bowl game. So if we were to get to 5 wins we might have a chance.
I’m not sure this needs to be said, but getting to 5 wins feels like a pipe dream at this point. We currently have 4 losses and 5 of our 7 remaining games are against AP ranked teams (and Arkansas is receiving votes- would be 31st).
Now, I’m somewhat of an optimist. I think we can win a game we’re not expected to. Problem is we’d have to win 3 (plus UMass) for the APR to matter at all.
Individually you could talk yourself into Arkansas at home. Missouri could be in a free fall (also at home) and who knows where Ole Miss will be. But all 3 would be a colossal turnaround.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
This reinforces how ridiculous bowl predictions are before mid or even late November, total waste of time when you don't even know until the weekend after Thanksgiving or the following one

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login