OT: Broke my F'en right foot. Can't drive.......

Mr. Potter

Oct 18, 2021
Apparently broke it on vacation at the Bahamas in July, thought I had a bad sprain on top of my foot thought I was toughing it out. Blamed the constant pain on shoes, age, the fact that I have one flat foot and one with an arch. Wasn't running or jumping really so I could look past the discomfort. Although Every other day saying to myself that "I've got to see the foot doctor"

Last Thursday I was dismounting from the boys pull up bar in the doorway landed (no slippers) and it felt like a bolt of lightning went through my foot. Immediately went right down and sat on my bum for at least 10 minutes trying to rack my brain with an explanation for anything other than a broken foot. Used a cane and the side of my foot right foot until I saw Dr. on Tuesday. X-Rays reveal its fractured. Of-course my wife is gone all week and not back until Tomorrow night, and the boys all though they try, and I love them -Useless, I raised them wrong.

I'm getting an MRI Monday. Would anyone share any experiences they may have had dealing with said type injury. Length, Healing info. Ways to cope while sleeping. Icing the hell out of it already. It would be nice to get a Novocain shot on the top of the foot to numb it.

I have Tylenol 3 here if it gets real bad and something called Gabapentin. He wanted to give me a strong narcotic. I said not with a million young adults running in and out of the house.

****Lesson Learned--Don't Procrastinate. Can't help but think I could have avoided some of this inconvenience.

On the bright side, is it possible to get a temporary handicap parking pass?

Shalom
Potter

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
Apparently broke it on vacation at the Bahamas in July, thought I had a bad sprain on top of my foot thought I was toughing it out. Blamed the constant pain on shoes, age, the fact that I have one flat foot and one with an arch. Wasn't running or jumping really so I could look past the discomfort. Although Every other day saying to myself that "I've got to see the foot doctor"

Last Thursday I was dismounting from the boys pull up bar in the doorway landed (no slippers) and it felt like a bolt of lightning went through my foot. Immediately went right down and sat on my bum for at least 10 minutes trying to rack my brain with an explanation for anything other than a broken foot. Used a cane and the side of my foot right foot until I saw Dr. on Tuesday. X-Rays reveal its fractured. Of-course my wife is gone all week and not back until Tomorrow night, and the boys all though they try, and I love them -Useless, I raised them wrong.

I'm getting an MRI Monday. Would anyone share any experiences they may have had dealing with said type injury. Length, Healing info. Ways to cope while sleeping. Icing the hell out of it already. It would be nice to get a Novocain shot on the top of the foot to numb it.

I have Tylenol 3 here if it gets real bad and something called Gabapentin. He wanted to give me a strong narcotic. I said not with a million young adults running in and out of the house.

****Lesson Learned--Don't Procrastinate. Can't help but think I could have avoided some of this inconvenience.

Shalom
Potter
Take it easy and get well. Sorry I do not have any better advice.

Reactions: BobPSU92

Steve JG

Mar 25, 2024

Shalom
Potter
Potter? he has a foot, hoping the bye week will help get him healthy...........

jp3272

Dec 26, 2021
Get better soon, young lion. Hope this will be a distant memory in no time.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Get a TENS unit at your local pharmacy. The electric stim will help ease the pain. It’s what worked for me when a I had sciatica a few years ago.

Sep 17, 2024

Shalom
Potter
Sorry to hear about your broken foot. You have to let it heal properly.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021

Shalom
Potter
We just marathoned “nobody wants this”. You should do the same

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
Jesus man, do what the big guy suggests above. Get up, roll a fat one, burn half. walk in the shower and sit on the teak wood bench for Half hour while icing your foot with it raised on the ottoman you drug in there. Follow that up with some Ibuprofen’s and Blanco chilled. Put Jerry on and thank God it is not your driving foot. Or is it?

Reactions: laKavosiey-st lion

PSU Mike

Oct 6, 2021
Jesus man, do what the big guy suggests above. Get up, roll a fat one, burn half. walk in the shower and sit on the teak wood bench for Half hour while icing your foot with it raised on the ottoman you drug in there. Follow that up with some Ibuprofen’s and Blanco chilled. Put Jerry on and thank God it is not your driving foot. Or is it?
Read the title …

PSU Mike

Oct 6, 2021
Oh Man, Thanks Mike! My bad. Went out to Bella’s in BP15102 for dinner and am trying to get up to speed quickly while watching the Indians win. Thanks for the assist Amigo!
How close are you to BP? I’ve been casually browsing homes for sale in ML & USC because my taxes have gotten crazy out here in Chicago’s North Shore.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login