OT: Cancel Culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
The conservatives aren't burning down or looting businesses they disagree with. The left is also the side that doesn't stop until someone is fired or harmed. Now that fire is being fought with fire you whimps are playing the victim game once again. You're a sad bunch.
Yeah, and this is always the challenge with it. Complete and utter hypocrisy on all sides, and at least in terms of verbal statements, where does one draw the line? e.g. Calling a president an idiot? Eh, maybe ok. Supporting assassination? Not ok

Politics, race, fat-shaming, religion, sexual orientation…. the list of things in which society has zero appetite for any opinion that conflicts with their own grows by the day

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
You really want to play that game? I have a hell of a lot more to draw from than you. That's the "reality".
... or, and hear me out, maybe we don't play the "my side is angelic and we do nothing wrong while your side is universally demonic and everything about them is evil" game and agree that there are people on both sides that have done terrible and insane things and that when those things happen, they should be condemned.

But look, if you're so dug in that you believe that everything the right does is justified and everything the left does is evil and that it's only the left that causes the problems this country (or world) faces, then you're not really worth having a conversation with because you are an idiot... a real life 17ing idiot. Or maybe you're not an idiot and your TV is broken and stuck on the Newsmax channel and you can't figure out how to change it. I don't know what you're problem is, honestly, but the hate you spew on here for the people that disagree with you politically is going to eat you up. Have a good one and I hope things get better for you.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
I’ll also add, a college professor can have whatever view they choose as long as it doesn’t interfere with their instruction and doesn’t impact the grades of their students if they don’t share the same opinions. If their views impact their ability to do their job then they should go.
The problem with that is that in today's culture is that if the professor makes known his views on a subject and some activist students don't agree, they immediately play the safety card and claim to feel threatened by those views and that they are unable to learn in an environment with someone who they feel (or claim) is targeting them. The professor's opinion may be unrelated to the subject of the class, and he would presumably not be determining grades based on who agrees with him or not, but students can make it hard for professors to make known their feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login