OT: Cannot Believe This Story

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
17ing Pablo Eskobear.

https://www.tbsnews.net/world/pablo-eskobear-story-bear-who-consumed-bag-full-cocaine-214147

I just happened across this story and I have 4 thoughts.

First. I cannot believe we missed the opportunity to have Pablo sent to his rightful home in Oxford back in 2012 for only the cost of shipping. That's the Ole Miss mascot if I have ever seen one.

Second. I now have a game plan on how I'm going to take out this 17ing bear that mauled my garbage can all fall. I know his weakness and while I can't shoot a bear in the city limits, a cokehead rummaging around my property is fair game.

Third. Can you imagine going on a hike and coming up on a black bear that just woofed down 70 lbs of coke? There was a 5 minute period where that little 175 pound bear was the absolute apex predator on earth.

Fourth. This story is absolutely ridiculous. If you are unfamiliar read up. This Thornton guy is like Rambo, Raylan Givens, and Hunter S. Thompson all rolled up in one.

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-duty/military-culture/2021/08/04/wild-tale-of-pablo-eskobear-a-paratrooper-turned-drug-kingpin-coming-to-big-screen/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_C._Thornton_II

Apparently there is a movie coming out about it this year starring these people:

View attachment 23493

I'm in. Give me The Sheeeeeiiiiiiiittt guy from The Wire and Tormund from Game of Thrones and I will watch .

Last edited:

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
I'll definitely watch this. For such an odd story, that's quite a cast they put together. Hope it turns out good.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Margo Martindale is awesome when she plays a character that is the unassuming leader who is quietly violent and intimidating as 17.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Like in Justified?

Margo Martindale is awesome when she plays a character that is the unassuming leader who is quietly violent and intimidating as 17.

I've seen her in a couple of other things since and realized what a talented actress she is.

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
Put me on record as having no 17ing clue how they got that cast for this movie...

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Hahaha.

Best dialogue in the entire series is Art on Drew Thompson:

“First thing we’re going to do is acknowledge that this guy is awesome. He shoots Theo Tonin, fakes his death in a spectacular fashion, pushes a guy out of air airplane (while he’s flying it). Parachutes into Harlin County with enough coke and cash to jump start the economy of a small country. And then he has the balls to get a job in law enforcement, not once but two times! He spends a couple a days riding around with you while you’re looking for him. And now he’s run off with a hooker that’s half his age. That’s some bad *** ****.”

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Hahaha.

Best dialogue in the entire series is Art on Drew Thompson:

“First thing we’re going to do is acknowledge that this guy is awesome. He shoots Theo Tonin, fakes his death in a spectacular fashion, pushes a guy out of air airplane (while he’s flying it). Parachutes into Harlin County with enough coke and cash to jump start the economy of a small country. And then he has the balls to get a job in law enforcement, not once but two times! He spends a couple a days riding around with you while you’re looking for him. And now he’s run off with a hooker that’s half his age. That’s some bad *** ****.”
I ain’t following you.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Great series, reminds me of some Clint Eastwood movies with all the one liners that came from it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login