OT - Curiosity Poll sweet/bourbon 0. Un/Scotch 1

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
I was wondering about sweet tea and bourbon and unsweetened tea and scotch. Is there a correlation? Let's start a poll. Count up in your reply by adding 1 to the count. Sweet tea is like drinking syrup to me.

BiscuitEater

Aug 29, 2009
I was wondering about sweet tea and bourbon and unsweetened tea and scotch. Is there a correlation? Let's start a poll. Count up in your reply by adding 1 to the count. Sweet tea is like drinking syrup to me.

I'm a 'half-sweet' guy, like both scotch & bourbon; but nothing beats ice cold beer in a Mississippi summer day!

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Sweet tea and Run, not the spiced or flavored rums. I don’t eat cakes or pies and if I eat that rare candy bar, I like dark chocolate. Don’t know what that says about me.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Unsweet
I drink bourbon more than scotch, probably 4:1 ratio. Part of that is you can find lots of drinkable bourbons just about anywhere but if you get a bad bottle of scotch it’s a struggle to finish

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009

Unsweet over sweet

Scotch and bourbon about 50/50, though scotch more lately.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
Sweet. Scotch 99%, Irish whiskey very occasionally. Never cared for bourbon at all, although I realize there are far more bourbon drinkers than scotch drinkers in this country-so I’m not sure what that says about me. My Daddy drank bourbon for the first 40 or so years of his life, then suddenly switched to scotch and drank scotch exclusively for the remainder of his 82 years. He passed away suddenly after finishing off 2 doubles of I think it was 12 year old McCallan. Kicked back in his recliner having a drink with my Mama and just closed his eyes and never made another sound, twitch or anything. I think he would have said it was the perfect way to go. We should all be so lucky…

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Unsweet yea
Bourbon specifically rye bourbons except for higher proofed wheaters

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I don't drink much tea either way, but sweet over unsweet when I do.

Bourbon over Scotch. I do no like Scotch. It's too dry. However, the last time I tried was at least 15 years ago when a buddy of mine tried to drink to Thorogood's "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" every time he said it. The Scotch was the hardest to get down & we had this brilliant idea after boozing all day at 1 am. Don't recall the quality of said spirit.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
About 5 years ago I changed my diet and cut out most processed foods and sugar. When I did my taste changed and everything tasted too sweet including bourbon. I had to switch to rye whiskey and scotch.Now I still limited the amount of processed food and sugar but thank goodness my taste changed back and including drinking bourbon.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Sweet tea, but not with sugar. Splenda is preferred, Sweet and Lo will do but that is what I grew up with. Any sugar drink to me is like drinking syrup.

And I will always prefer Bourbon.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
It says you have the same issue Bill Cosby's children have. The Brain Damage.

Raiderdawg.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
Bourbon and Sweet Tea. Prefer an Arnold Palmer with sweet tea.

Love bourbon. I don’t know Scotch. I have only tried 4 and the only one that was not awful to me was a $300+ 18 year Macallan my bro-n-law received as a gift. I apparently do not like peated scotch, so if anyone has recommendations for non-peated I would appreciate it.

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009
Bourbon and Sweet Tea. Prefer an Arnold Palmer with sweet tea.

Love bourbon. I don’t know Scotch. I have only tried 4 and the only one that was not awful to me was a $300+ 18 year Macallan my bro-n-law received as a gift. I apparently do not like peated scotch, so if anyone has recommendations for non-peated I would appreciate it.

Try Glendronach 12yr

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login