OT: Damn Good IPA

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013

Had my first IPA in 2009 when I was on a train in Alaska on my way to fish for three days in the wilderness without a gun like a dumbass. Except the train bartender described it as an “India Pale Ale” and not “IPA”, so it took me five more years to know that I’d had one. Also had drinks with a Russian spy during that trip, but that’s a story for another day

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Drinking IPA's and Champagne are similar to me. Not the taste but the fact that once I've finished the first one, the rest go down good, its just getting that first one down that is sometimes a chore though.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I gave ipas more than enough opportunity to prove worthy. The last one I had was about 8 years ago, and most I would describe as "rinsed a lawn mower blade, and semi filtered it into a glass".

I'm more than happy to keep to stouts and porters.

Reactions: EmpireDown

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Just because I’m a Mississippi State fan doesn’t preclude me from having taste!
Happy Gilmore Beer GIF

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
I gave ipas more than enough opportunity to prove worthy. The last one I had was about 8 years ago, and most I would describe as "rinsed a lawn mower blade, and semi filtered it into a glass".

I'm more than happy to keep to stouts and porters.
I haven’t been a big fan myself, and preferred sours and tripel’s, scotch ales. But Ive been drinking them more these days.

idog

Aug 17, 2010
Boiled okra is all about context. Alone on a plate, I agree but add a little roux, some seafood and some rice. I guarantee that is some good **** right there.
people boil it too long. 80 seconds and immediately out. it gets slimey when it is boiled too long.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Going out on a limb here, but that could just be your opinion of it. Now boiled okra, no argument to be had. Nasty!
What, you don't enjoy that feeling of having a big ole slimy loogie swishing around in your mouth while you're chewing up that hairy pod with seeds in it? Me neither but I will eat my weight in it when its breaded and fried....

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
If anyone is heading home northbound from Starkville tomorrow, 1817 Brewery in Okolona is having an Oktoberfest thing Saturday night. I’ll be the guy with a beer in his hand.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login