OT: Defend Them Now 17ers

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Was it the male or female restroom? You know he had to have help to pull off getting cameras in there..

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
Went to the bucees in mobile after a no kids beach trip with the wife
Don’t know if it was because we were violently hungover or my general disdain for the masses but I probably will never go back

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Don’t know if it was because we were violently hungover or my general disdain for the masses but I probably will never go back
I've been once. This time of the year is simply nuts there. No thanks.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
I agree. Went once and was hungover as well. It is a horrible place.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I don't waste time reading about crap like that. I figured someone here did and would inform.
It just says in the headline "at lake house." There's no link, nobody read it... Not even me. I just posted it because Buc-ee's is peak Redneck-Mericana and I 17ing hate everything about it's existence. It's as bad as those intersections with CVS and Walgreens on opposite corners.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I've never been in one. Probably will at some point.

For those who remember, is it basically a steroid fueled, new century version of Stuckey's??

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
It just says in the headline "at lake house." There's no link, nobody read it... Not even me. I just posted it because Buc-ee's is peak Redneck-Mericana and I 17ing hate everything about it's existence. It's as bad as those intersections with CVS and Walgreens on opposite corners.
Maybe worse. It is to Southern millennials what Cracker Barrel is/was to Southern boomers.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Some of y’all are just bitter, y'all gonna make someone a good ex wife someday. There’s nothing wrong with a Buccees other than the traffic. Plenty of fuel pumps, cheapest gas prices in the area, pretty good food for a gas station, great jerky selection, and cleanest restrooms you’ll ever see. What do you want for a travel stop?

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007

For those who remember, is it basically a steroid fueled, new century version of Stuckey's??
It'll be interesting to see if it follows the same path. When Stuckey's was new the stores were nice. Unique, clean, well managed and well kept. As the newness wore off it seemed they got more and more lax at everything . I've never been in a Buc-ees and from all that I've read don't really care to try one at this point.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Some of y’all are just bitter, y'all gonna make someone a good ex wife someday. There’s nothing wrong with a Buccees other than the traffic. Plenty of fuel pumps, cheapest gas prices in the area, pretty good food for a gas station, great jerky selection, and cleanest restrooms you’ll ever see. What do you want for a travel stop?
I don’t mind it. My kids love it so we stop.
As long as it’s not lunchtime it’s tolerable inside.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Seems like a perfectly reasonable take.

I suspect what's annoying is the way some folks, who tend to move in herds, like to kinda worship at the alter of rampant consumerism that these kinds of places represent.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It'll be interesting to see if it follows the same path. When Stuckey's was new the stores were nice. Unique, clean, well managed and well kept. As the newness wore off it seemed they got more and more lax at everything . I've never been in a Buc-ees and from all that I've read don't really care to try one at this point.

Had my first foot long hot dog at a Stuckey's.

I remember it being scrump dilly icious.

• Haha
Reactions: Darryl Steight

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
I'd say it's worth the walk thru.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

patdog

May 28, 2007

Went once just to see what the hype was about and yeah. It’s a combination Stuckeys, Wal Mart & Bass Pro Shop. With more traffic & congestion than all 3 combined. Doubt I’ll ever go back.

Reactions: She Mate Me

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
You need to go at least once. Just like someone said, not during lunch if you can help it. Those lines can be long.

I can guarantee you've never seen so much beef jerky, fudge, barbeque, clothing, and home goods all in one place. It is sort of amazing the first time you see it.

boatsandhoes

Sep 6, 2012
The ones outside texas must be sh i t per the complaining, otherwise it’s blasphemy. New braunfels location is great, once you get through the traffic

Last edited:

PCHSDawg

Nov 12, 2014
Buccees pays their employees well, is clean with little to no wait for a pump or stall. They handle the crowds well. They were also the only place my son could find a toy gun for his son's Halloween costume that actually looked like a gun.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I don’t understand the hate for Buc-ees. Except some people on here like to b!tch about everything. It’s super clean, cheap gas, nice bathrooms, and I can get like a 48-ounce Coke from the fountain machine for $1.09. Also their brisket sandwiches are pretty good. Better than most gas station food for sure.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login