OT: Defend Them Now 17ers

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
if you hate Bucee’s because your only trip is to the one on the way to Orange Beach, give any other location a chance. That one is an anomaly run by the devil.

I’ve been to several in Texas, the one in Leeds AL and the one outside of Knoxville. All are great, easy to get into, some crowded some not. But that one damn location in lower AL. Damn that place.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I recently went to a friends cabin in north central Arkansas and of my goodness the customers in that Walmart made the Mississippi shoppers look high class. Lots of in breeding.

I kid about them, but I'm actually a fan and connoisseur of Wal-Marts. Rare that you can't find most anything you need, or don't need there. And the people watching can on occasion be awe inspiring.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
Yes, but with less free pecan logs and much cleaner bathrooms
Ser Davos Jon Snow GIF by BuzzFeed

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I can't believe you guys are getting so worked up over a 17ing gas station.
The gas station is actually just fine. It's the necks that fawn over it and show up like the Griswold family at Wally World that are exhausting. That said, I would hope most people know that the 4 or 5 of us that go on about it are just pissing around. @aTotal360 and @mcdawg22 are always busting my balls about it and vice versa... it's just a shtick at this point.

But I shall again... In honor of the schtick.. tell everyone the way the brisket sammy is made... With the exact same Hormel factory cooked brisket you get at Subway and Arby's. If you like the Subway and Arby's brisket sammy, than by all means love up the Buc-ee's one. But I've never heard anyone bragging on Subway's brisket.

It's just that the beaver people throw it on a board out in the store and slice it up for the masses who fall for it being authentic.. It's the equivalent of going to a pizza restaurant and seeing a pizzaola throwing dough in the air while the cook puts a Red Baron in the oven and serves it to you.

Some New York Times writer got the love started for Buc-ee's brisket about 10 years and it's comical. There are a dozen things better to eat in that store (breakfast tacos come to mind) and probably a thousand places to get better brisket, including a lot of gas stations. I have had it multiple times and the best thing about it is definitely the bun, but the fake Chick-fil-A sandwich they have in the same bun is better.

1000013763.png

1000013764.png

1000013765.png
1000013766.png

Reactions: patdog

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I only use public bathrooms in dire emergencies but I’ll sheeet in a buccees lickity split. That’s it…. That’s my review of Buccees… hope it helped.
I have shared this before... The best on the road dookie spot is a hotel lobby. Walk in past the front desk like a guest, grab the paper, turn the corner, and hit that private oasis with the confidence and seclusion you deserve sir.

Depending on time of day, when you leave you could even get a complimentary Otis Spunkmeyer cookie for the road.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I have shared this before... The best on the road dookie spot is a hotel lobby. Walk in past the front desk like a guest, grab the paper, turn the corner, and hit that private oasis with the confidence and seclusion you deserve sir.

Depending on time of day, when you leave you could even get a complimentary Otis Spunkmeyer cookie for the road.
Yall have GOT to stop telling people about this. It's one of the last good, free scams in the game.

Double Dawg

Mar 3, 2008

This is about all the Hilton on County Line is good for these days.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
The amount of litigation in this country is staggering.
Not surprising if you have ever looked through the yellow pages in the phone book (do they even have them anymore) and the largest section was attorneys, twice as large as medical providers.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
My wife and I renewed our marriage vows at Buc-ees this Spring annd also got all of our Christmas shopping done. Very romantic setting and such thoughtful merchandise.

I always figured this was a Six Packer!***

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Buccees pays their employees well, is clean with little to no wait for a pump or stall. They handle the crowds well. They were also the only place my son could find a toy gun for his son's Halloween costume that actually looked like a gun.
I couldn’t believe some of the rates they pay their employees. Very impressive. And, as busy as they are, you get in and out as quickly as you want to….

Reactions: PCHSDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login