OT: Do y’all have a favorite Sec East team?

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
I would make a deal with the SEC today to pledge my eastern allegiance to Alabama if they would move them over there.

AFDawg

Apr 28, 2010
I have a degree from Vanderbilt, so naturally I abhor their athletics program.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Florida, but that was really only when Spurrier was there. And it's hard to like anyone who regularly plays MSU. The awfulness of Urban and Tebow sort of turned me off of them, plus they sucked post-Spurrier except for that short era. Then Mullen really made me hate them.

All this to say, nobody really has a second rooting interest. Let those two teams play, and you'll figure it out real quick.

Like the poster above, I can't stand Florida because I lived amongst them. Some of them hate State and have railed about how we don't deserve to be in the SEC (mainly because we beat them sometimes). They are also quick to hire away our professors in critical education areas for the school. BTW, when I first moved to Florida I bought some Florida apparel and went to some games with friends. It didn't take long to see how they treated opponents. I had a MSU bumper sticker and my car was keyed at an event.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Got my masters from South Carolina and met my wife there. I was there during the Clowney, Shaw, Lattimore years plus the two baseball natty's so lots of fun games to attend. Columbia is a great town and was a ton of fun my few years there. I always cheer for them but am not emotionally invested in any way.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login