OT - Dune 2

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
If by stupid and awful you mean one of the best sci-fi films this century, then I agree.
As a long ago and multiple time reader of the book, how close does it stick to the book? I bought the first one. Because of that I'll wait till I can get the second one for free.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I watched it today. This version is not as confusing as the film from the 1980s. I like it ok, but at this point it is not an original story. The Dune books might be the origination of the multiple kingdoms struggling for an Empire, but as a movie or series the story has now been done to death and this is not the best telling of that story.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
is stupid and awful, that is all.
While I personally wouldn’t quite go that far, I do agree that this Dune saga isn’t nearly as good as it’s trying to be.

I feel like I need to read the books to appreciate the story because these films are boring the hell out of me, and this is coming from a guy whose favorite genre on the planet is epic tales like this one

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
While I personally wouldn’t quite go that far, I do agree that this Dune saga isn’t nearly as good as it’s trying to be.

I feel like I need to read the books to appreciate the story because these films are boring the hell out of me, and this is coming from a guy whose favorite genre on the planet is epic tales like this one
I only really liked the first book, which what the two movies cover. The original volume, Dune, is a masterpiece of science fiction, maybe THE masterpiece of science fiction.

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
I enjoyed the first better than the second.

Thought they both were some of the best sci-fi films in a long time.

Saw the second in a imax and can tell I’m getting old as it was uncomfortably loud at times 😂

I was also playing hookie from work to go watch it

Need to watch it at home in my recliner to get a real review

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Never watched the original or read the books, but I liked the two new ones. Guess I need to go back and see how good Sting’s acting is.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
You nerds and your books
revenge of the nerds GIF

• Haha
Reactions: mcdawg22
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login