OT: email scam that is hitting churches

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
This would probably be a good time to remind everyone who has elderly parents to check on their finances when you get a moment. The number of people that I know now that have succumbed to some type of scam is getting to be stupid.
Because the vast majority of them are not charities. They operate in a FOR Profit model and meddle in political stuff.
Dems in office, we have a prayer section to pray for our leadership and have a freedom candle that is lit every day while they are in office.
Republican in office, no need to pray for our leadership and the candle is gone.

First of all, I am at Church to learn about our Lord and Savior, not to be lecture on how Dems are the devil. (By the Way, Jesus would be a democrat and all church going people should align with democrats social policies as they are Jesus like)

Second, everyone should give money not to their church, but to the people in their community directly. Fund you church's food pantry, if you have one. Small fund for the staff and paster, maybe. Small fund for building upkeep. That is it. All other money should go to benefit those in need. Unfortunately, that is not how they operate.

Not all churches have a crystal cathedral and a pastor who drives an Urus. Some of them are actually operating month to month and perform a fair number of community acts of kindness.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Because the vast majority of them are not charities. They operate in a FOR Profit model and meddle in political stuff.
Dems in office, we have a prayer section to pray for our leadership and have a freedom candle that is lit every day while they are in office.
Republican in office, no need to pray for our leadership and the candle is gone.

First of all, I am at Church to learn about our Lord and Savior, not to be lecture on how Dems are the devil. (By the Way, Jesus would be a democrat and all church going people should align with democrats social policies as they are Jesus like)

Second, everyone should give money not to their church, but to the people in their community directly. Fund you church's food pantry, if you have one. Small fund for the staff and paster, maybe. Small fund for building upkeep. That is it. All other money should go to benefit those in need. Unfortunately, that is not how they operate.
I don’t think you’re going to a gospel-centered church if you think Jesus would be onboard with Democrats. And you show your ignorance if you think conservatives aren’t about generosity. We just don’t think the government should be in charge of providing services where private entities are much more efficient.
Jesus never said to give to Cesar so he can provide for the poor. He indeed said to give to Cesar and provide for the poor and downtrodden. There’s a huge difference between the two.
Fear not though, I won’t engage further on this. I’m just trying to educate you since you’ve proven your ignorance and didn’t provided sarcastricks on your statement

Ddog

May 24, 2023
They will somehow get pastor and people's email addresses, send emails to the parishioners acting like the pastor and asking for gift cards to the staff. They sent one to me as well with my name clearly in the to and from sections. Suggestions on how to respond to this guy? I always like having a little fun with these scammers.
Absolutely do not respond to have a little fun. The joke will end up on you. Make sure your parishioners know what has happened.

Reactions: dorndawg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login