OT: Favorite "Love Actually" storyline (Poll)

Which storyline from the movie "Love Actually" is your favorite?

• Jamie (Colin Firth) and Aurélia (Sienna Guillory)

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Sarah (Laura Linney), Karl (Rodrigo Santoro), and her brother

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Colin (Kris Marshall), Tony (Abdul Salis), and America

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Harry (Alan Rickman), Karen (Emma Thompson), and Mia (Heike Makatsch)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Billy Mack (Bill Nighy) and His Manager (Gregor Fisher)

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • David (Hugh Grant) and Natalie (Martine McCutcheon)

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Julia (Keira Knightley), Peter (Chiwetel Ejiofor), and Mark (Andrew Lincoln)

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • John (Martin Freeman) and Judy (Joanna Page) (sex scene body doubles)

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Daniel (Liam Neeson), Sam (Thomas Sangster), and Joanna (Olivia Olson)

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I voted for Bill Nighy as Billy Mack. He’s such a train wreck; it’s great. The Liam Neeson as a stepfather story is solid too.

Also, I see there’s plenty of hating on this movie, but for the single men on this board, heed my advice. If you invite a woman over during the holidays and you watch this movie together, you have a 99% chance of having sex with her and if you’re in the 1%, then you need to really reevaluate your game plan because this movie is a deal closer.

Jack Klompus.sixpack

Mar 6, 2021
I voted for Bill Nighy as Billy Mack. He’s such a train wreck; it’s great. The Liam Neeson as a stepfather story is solid too.

Also, I see there’s plenty of hating on this movie, but for the single men on this board, heed my advice. If you invite a woman over during the holidays and you watch this movie together, you have a 99% chance of having sex with her and if you’re in the 1%, then you need to really reevaluate your game plan because this movie is a deal closer.
As a guy who has been married for over 27 years……… bull$&@&!

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
As a guy who has been married for over 27 years……… bull$&@&!
This movie came out in 2003. You missed your window. Better luck next time.

Maybe buy your wife some flowers or chop down a tree or get a cheap bottle of Thunderbird to get back the courage you had in your prime. 🤷🏻‍♂️

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
i been debating all day whether to open this tab. i was scared that this was some kind of computer virus scam.

• Haha
Reactions: Fritz!

Jack Klompus.sixpack

Mar 6, 2021

Maybe buy your wife some flowers or chop down a tree or get a cheap bottle of Thunderbird to get back the courage you had in your prime. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jack Klompus.sixpack

Mar 6, 2021
Okay, if it came out in 2003 then i had been married 7 years by then you little $#*!. By now I’ve bought flowers, chopped trees, I don’t even know what a cheap bottle of Thunderbird is . If you hang your manhood on a damn movie, and you consider that your prime, enough said.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Okay, if it came out in 2003 then i had been married 7 years by then you little $#*!. By now I’ve bought flowers, chopped trees, I don’t even know what a cheap bottle of Thunderbird is . If you hang your manhood on a damn movie, and you consider that your prime, enough said.
First of all, learn to reply. It ain’t that hard.

Second, if you read my initial post, I said “single men”. You’ve been married throughout the entirety of the movie’s existence, so the post was not directed at you or your sexual frustrations, was it?

Now, I can speak from personal experience that during my periods of being single over the past 20 years, being willing to sit down and watch Love, Actually has been helpful when trying to get laid. I’m sorry that it couldn’t help you close the deal with your wife, but I hope things get better for you. It’s clearly affecting your attitude.

Merry Christmas.

Reactions: PK Dawg

Jack Klompus.sixpack

Mar 6, 2021
First of all, learn to reply. It ain’t that hard.

Second, if you read my initial post, I said “single men”. You’ve been married throughout the entirety of the movie’s existence, so the post was not directed at you or your sexual frustrations, was it?

Now, I can speak from personal experience that during my periods of being single over the past 20 years, being willing to sit down and watch Love, Actually has been helpful when trying to get laid. I’m sorry that it couldn’t help you close the deal with your wife, but I hope things get better for you. It’s clearly affecting your attitude.

Merry Christmas.

Jack Klompus.sixpack

Mar 6, 2021
Yea my reply skills aren’t good. I know you were referring to single guys and I feel for you. No frustrations here, and merry Christmas to you too.

Reactions: dorndawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I thought all you had to do was hit reply and post your comment. I am so confused. What is going on, actually?
Ha, you are breaking SPS right now.
Press 'reply' to the post you want to reply to. Type in the white area below the quoted text.

Then press 'post reply'.

Jack Klompus.sixpack

Mar 6, 2021
Press 'reply' to the post you want to reply to. Type in the white area below the quoted text.

Then press 'post reply'. Test… Is this correct?

Then press 'post reply'.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
Reading this thread is like an early Christmas present. It has everything... comedy, satire, deception, conflict, and redemption.
Well done everyone!

Ps... never seen it. I'm sure wife has. I have watched 2 or 3 romcoms w her and she claims I've watched zero. So knowing I don't even get credit for what I've done, I'm off the hook from watching more.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login