OT: Favorite YouTube Channels

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
TV generally sucks these days and I've found myself keeping up with YouTube channels more than anything bc I can find niche topics that interest me - plus it's free.

So what say the Pack? What do you subscribe to?

Here are a handful of mine:

Bama Saltwater: I don't know jack about offshore fishing but I know a little more now after watching this guy. Goofy dude. Veteran. Loves his momma and fishing. I watch every episode.

HowToBBQRight: Memphis area guy that's known on the BBQ circuit and dumbs it down good for you. He's a big boy so you know he's legit.

Matt's RV Reviews: Personality won't be for everyone but it's a good 20 minute review of new models for anyone interested in a camper or RV. Most importantly, he tells you if a comfy dump is possible or not in the notoriously small bathrooms. I'm a big boy so this is important.

Keep Your Daydream: Another RV channel but this is a life story. Now empty nester couple that lives out of their RV. They had their kids along as well in earlier seasons. General RV stuff, truck, truck mods, and documentaries on their visits to all sorts of big and small towns and great campgrounds/parks.

Sailing La Vagabond: Same concept as above but a young family sailing the world. Aussie couple and the woman is a 10.

Rick Beato: Nerdy guitar **** and the occasional celebrity interview.

That Pedal Show: REALLY nerdy guitar **** and occasional celebrity interview.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Isaac Arthur

John Michael Godier

Reactions: ckDOG

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
TV generally sucks these days and I've found myself keeping up with YouTube channels more than anything bc I can find niche topics that interest me - plus it's free.

Bama Saltwater: I don't know jack about offshore fishing but I know a little more now after watching this guy. Goofy dude. Veteran. Loves his momma and fishing. I watch every episode.

HowToBBQRight: Memphis area guy that's known on the BBQ circuit and dumbs it down good for you. He's a big boy so you know he's legit.

Matt's RV Reviews: Personality won't be for everyone but it's a good 20 minute review of new models for anyone interested in a camper or RV. Most importantly, he tells you if a comfy dump is possible or not in the notoriously small bathrooms. I'm a big boy so this is important.

Keep Your Daydream: Another RV channel but this is a life story. Now empty nester couple that lives out of their RV. They had their kids along as well in earlier seasons. General RV stuff, truck, truck mods, and documentaries on their visits to all sorts of big and small towns and great campgrounds/parks.

Sailing La Vagabond: Same concept as above but a young family sailing the world. Aussie couple and the woman is a 10.

We watch a lot of the same stuff, except for the guitar shows. My kids and I also watch The Outdoor Boys, father and sons that started as doing a lot of camping related stuff and now doa ton of global travel and survival shows.
I also watch several Alaska/Canada hunting channels. Billy Molls and Greg McHale are my favorites.

Reactions: M R DAWGS and ckDOG

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Good call on HowtoBBQRight and Rick Beato. Rick has had some really good interviews of late. He also has the Rick Beato 2 channel.

Along the lines of music The Charismatic Voice is a good one. Woman on their is not bad to look at.

Numberphile is another I've gotten into, mainly because of Hannah Frye but it has some interesting content.

Really, no really podcast. It has Jason Alexander and another guy on it. They've had some interesting guests and conversations.

I'm sure if I thought long enough I could come up with others.

Reactions: ckDOG

Conman90

Mar 3, 2008
Cooking and BBQ stuff
Howtobbqright
Chuds BBQ
Brian Lagerstrom
The Hungry Hussey
Mad Scientist BBQ
Smoking Dad BBQ
Glen and FriendsCooking
Sam The Cooking Guy

Woodworking
Bourbon Moth Woodworking
731 Wordworks
Shop Nation
Bent's Woodworking

Golf
Danny Maude
Dave Fink Golfs
Mark Crossfield

Other stuff
Stafford Shurden (Drew, Ms guy who does gas station food reviews)
Haxman (diy type stuff)
Cheapaudioman (audiophile stuff, mostly cheap stuff like it says)

Tons more I follow, those are some of the highlights.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Interesting thread.

I listen to YouTube more than I watch it. I never intended to pay for Premium, but a friend did & gave me his last sign up slot. They allow 5.

That was 10+ years ago. About 5 years ago he let me know he was terminating his plan. I lasted half a day of hearing ads & forked over the cash to sign up.

Casual Criminalist
Timeline
Chronicle
War Stories
Secrets of War (Charlton Heston narrates)
Brain Blaze
John Stossel

I use YouTube more as a podcast app than my podcast app. State pods & Hardcore History are the only exceptions.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I like watching camping videos even though I don’t camp. (I know I’m weird)

Camping with Steve - Canadian guy that goes around and camps in random places. A lot of the time it’s stealth camping where he basically hides for the night without getting caught. His channel is not as active as it used to be. In the past two years he’s lost his wife very suddenly as well as his mother and his best friend that would camp with him. Still an entertaining channel

Foresty Forest - Another Canadian guy that built a camper out of a 4x4 Chevy van. He goes and camps in remote places and climbs mountains.

Outdoor Gear Reveiw - Guy that lives in North Carolina that camps and also tests out camping gear. Really good resource if you’re into camping or want to. He gives a lot of tips.

Now for some History

History Matters - British guy that narrates little animated shorts about historical events. It’s pretty funny.

Epic History- A military history channel that reviews battles. Theyre really obsessed with Napoleon.

The Operations Room / Intel Report

Operations Room is another animated military history channel that reviews battle tactics and history. Their Desert Storm videos were incredible to follow. The sister channel Intel Report dives more into one particular subject of the other videos on Operations Room.

Emperor TigerStar - He creates videos outlining the history of countries and wars and events through maps.

Nerdy Stuff

Generation Tech - he talks Star Wars. Probably one of the most balanced opinions of SW media. Never too high and never too low.

Nerd of the Rings - Tolkien and LOTR videos. Very nerdy.

Food:

Malcolm Reed has been mentioned. Always a great follow. I go by his store in Hernando all the time. Great guy.

Guga Food - always doing something crazy with a steak or grilling.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
Vice Grip Garage (dude is comical and just seems to be an average dude . listen close or you'll miss it)
Diesel Creek (simple solutions but hard work, doesn't mind gettin dirty)
Out of the woods ( it will grow on you)
FarmCraft101 (similar to Diesel Creek)
Andrew Camarata (reminds me of my brother in law, dude can just fix anything)

I do like the charismaticvoice also

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
The Hunting Public is amazing during deer and turkey season. One of the coolest things about the show is they rarely hunt private land with low pressure and abundant, giant animals. They travel the country hunting public land. These guys are the real deal. They drop videos of their hunts around every 48 hours or so during the season. If you’re a turkey hunter, their channel can’t be beat. They could kill a turkey anywhere. They also are fun as hell to watch. Great group of guys. For deer, they explain how they scout and how they set up. They are very good woodsmen and hunters.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Top Notch Idiots
Christian Caniff

what can I say, they see me trollin’, they hatin’

Banshee Moon, for you pervs

Diamond Dallas Page, for the positive uplift and yoga

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
The Fat Electrician

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I love YouTube and watch a few channels. I thought I would tell you guys a funny story back in 2005. I suggested to the head of our Internet division that we start putting our videos on YouTube. He told me that he didn't think YouTube had a good business model and that they would fold. I won't tell you what he told me when I said we would end up watching videos on our phones.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
I’ve gotten into a few through my son, but we watch:

Arms Family Homestead: guy and his family raise animals, hunt, fish, work the land that they live on.

Outdoor Boyz: father and sons camping and survival videos.

Target Focused Life: good reviews of shotguns and how to become a better shot with a shotgun.

Hickock45: gun reviews, good guy with a nice shooting range. Informative about older rifle and pistol models.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Now for some History

History Matters - British guy that narrates little animated shorts about historical events. It’s pretty funny.

Epic History- A military history channel that reviews battles. Theyre really obsessed with Napoleon.

The Operations Room / Intel Report

Operations Room is another animated military history channel that reviews battle tactics and history. Their Desert Storm videos were incredible to follow. The sister channel Intel Report dives more into one particular subject of the other videos on Operations Room.

Emperor TigerStar - He creates videos outlining the history of countries and wars and events through maps.

Hello fellow nerd. I watch/listen to all these channels above as well.

James Bisonette approves of this post.

I used to fall asleep to Napoleon's campaigns on Epic History. Somehow TigerStar fell off my radar. Biographics was a better channel when Simon Whistler read it.

I'll add some baseball channels I watch.

Baseball Doesn't Exist and iTalk Studios.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
66Samus – Drummer talking drums
Anna Cramling – hottie chess player
Anton Petrov – Science
BeardMeatsFood – Competitive eater from Leeds England
Clint Gibbs – MTBer
Comedy Central
Dangerous Dave – Extreme MTBer
Danny MacAskill – Badass MTBer
Drumeo – DRUM SH|T
El Estepario Siberiano – Badass drummer
Eloy Casagrande – Another badass drummer
First We Feast – Hot Wings Celebs
Jeff Kendall-Weed – Pro MTBer
JOLLY – Brits that eat new foods
Misha Charoudin – F1 driving @ The Nürburgring
Phil Gaimon – Hilarious ex pro cyclist that beats Strava KOMs around the world
Physics Girl – hot and smart
Reed Timmer – The BEST storm chaser on the planet
Rick Beato – musician
Rocky Kanaka – adopts/helps animals
Rémy Métailler – French Pro MTBer, probably the most rad MTBer on YouTube
Sam Pilgrim – Another rad and hilarious MTBer, British
Scammer Payback – He busts hackers with better hacks
SYD and MACKY – Pro MTBers that are married and race around the world

Last edited:

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

Professor of Rock - Adam Reader
Jolly
Proper People
This House
Lost in the Pond
Soft White Underbelly
Bright Sun Films
Just Rolled In

ETA: Hoovies Garage

Last edited:

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Dave Ramsey Highlights

Best Ever Food Review Show

More Best Ever Food Review Show

Kara and Nate

Deermeatfordinner

Mr. Beast

Mr. Beast Philanthropy

Bama Beach Bum

Matt Mitchell

SEC Shorts

Stanz Fam

Cowboy Kent Rollins

Downie Live

Trek Trendy

Forgotten Weapons

These are the ones I think the pack may like that have not already been mentioned

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Dark Skies is another good one if you’re into military aviation history.

Reactions: Bulldawg56

Bulldawg56

Mar 3, 2008
Dark Skies is another good one if you’re into military aviation history.

I love all of the DarkDocs, Dark5, and DarkSkies videos. Very interesting military history without having to watch a long documentary

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
And here I am watching Who killed WCW, Angry video game nerd, and fart pranks

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
And here I am watching Who killed WCW, Angry video game nerd, and fart pranks
I love AVGN.

Frustrated Angry Video Game Nerd GIF

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012
I thought HowToBBQRight was in Jackson area, guess I was wrong. Another great channel for cooking, not grilling is Cajun Ninja. I've started to see some of his stuff show up in Rouses on the Coast.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I thought HowToBBQRight was in Jackson area, guess I was wrong. Another great channel for cooking, not grilling is Cajun Ninja. I've started to see some of his stuff show up in Rouses on the Coast.
Yeah he lives in Hernando. The guy that owns the company that mixes and packages all his seasonings lives in Hernando too. Huge MSU fan.

BigDogFan

Oct 12, 2016
Along with the BBQ channels already mentioned add
Matt Pittman with Meat Church - he did a crawfish boil with Dak and Dad for fathers day.
Heath Riles - north Mississippi guy

I watch lots of building type stuff
Stud Pack - Paul the dad is a great teacher of building techniques and thinking ahead in the building process
Perkins Brothers Builders - NC guys
Tile Coach - if you want to learn about tile and what not to do this CA guy is one of the best

Reactions: HRMSU

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
The Hunting Public is amazing during deer and turkey season. One of the coolest things about the show is they rarely hunt private land with low pressure and abundant, giant animals. They travel the country hunting public land. These guys are the real deal. They drop videos of their hunts around every 48 hours or so during the season. If you’re a turkey hunter, their channel can’t be beat. They could kill a turkey anywhere. They also are fun as hell to watch. Great group of guys. For deer, they explain how they scout and how they set up. They are very good woodsmen and hunters.

I like the Hunting Public too but recently have found a channel of 2 Mississippi guys that travel and hunt. Check out out Do it yourself Hunter.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I used to watch a lot of Jay Bates when I was into wood working. He lives in Starkville. He’s now bought some land and is clearing it and building on it and making videos about that.

Reactions: Conman90

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Oh, I forgot to add Lemmino, who is probably the best amateur documentary channel on all of Youtube. So slick and detailed.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
The Great War channel.

They started it in 2014 & covered the entire conflict week to week until 2018. Exactly 100 years to the date that war broke out & the armistice signed.

They've since expanded their coverage. Still great.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Seriously. From the few of his videos that have come across my feed, he appears to be into helping people get healthier.

My best friend works in tech (of his many degrees he's a Mechatronics Engineer) in the Atlanta area. He worked on a project that DDP was trying to to get off the ground. Some kind of app involving his self help & yoga work.

Friend said he was a good man & meant well, but cussed him out a few times, for he didn't understand the technology.

Friend's avatar connected to his number in my phone is still a pic of he & DDP.

I like to randomly bring up the Self High Five to him.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login