OT: Fellow lazy smoke/grill aficionado.

Braves Dawg

Sep 16, 2009
I want to get a natural gas grill, I have it plumbed already. It does burn my *** that nat gas grills are ~20% or more higher for the same moel.
I had a natural gas grill at a previous home. They make some really nice ones and nothing beats not having to swap out propane bottles. I have liked gas grills in the past for quick stuff during the week. Whatever helps getting me outside to cook easily and more often I'm a fan of.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
If you're not raising, slaughtering, and butchering pork/beef yourself, and using wood from trees planted by your granddaddy that you personally cut down and seasoned, on a smoker setup you forged in your blacksmith shop - you're a pusssy.
Yeah, I’m results driven when it comes to food. We made hobo dinners in Boy Scouts in a fire that we gathered wood ourselves and lit using flint and tender. As manly as that was that food tasted like crap compared to what I pull off my RT.

Reactions: dorndawg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I want to get a natural gas grill, I have it plumbed already. It does burn my *** that nat gas grills are ~20% or more higher for the same moel.
Do it! I hauled propane bottles for years waiting on my propane grill to die, all the while staring at a natural gas connection on my back porch. I should have moved to natural gas way sooner.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Do it! I hauled propane bottles for years waiting on my propane grill to die, all the while staring at a natural gas connection on my back porch. I should have moved to natural gas way sooner.
Do you run into it not heating as much with natural gas? My neighbor switched and it took his new grill longer to heat up and it didn’t get as hot. He went from one Weber Genesis to basically the same model if I remember correctly.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Do you run into it not heating as much with natural gas? My neighbor switched and it took his new grill longer to heat up and it didn’t get as hot. He went from one Weber Genesis to basically the same model if I remember correctly.
I have a Weber two burner natural gas and I was worried about that, but honestly, I see no appreciable difference. I always turn mine on high, walk in and set a timer for 7 minutes and finish prep. Go back out and it's hot.

Reactions: mcdawg22

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Those gravity fed grills don’t last very long. I know a couple of people who had some issues with them after a little use.
My friend thinks they're great, but Everytime he tries to cook for a big group on his master built, it catches on fire. The firebox design or something else is screwy and flames find the grease.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
My friend thinks they're great, but Everytime he tries to cook for a big group on his master built, it catches on fire. The firebox design or something else is screwy and flames find the grease.
When it doesn’t catch fire, does it cook brisket as good as Buccee’s?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I’m going to take a guess and say the ones making fun of the pellet guys don’t even own grills. I’ll wait for your defense but you’re probably still full of shít.

I am a Weber kettle guy, with a Smoke n Sear for using it as a smoker. I wish it was maybe 15% bigger, briskets don't always fit too well.

Anybody fooled with the Oklahoma Joe Highland offset smoker? I've had my eye on one for a minute, saw the Home depots has them on sale.
Did you mean Slow n Sear or is there something I haven't seen yet called a Smoke n Sear?

I had a Slow n Sear but it burned up/rusted from salt too quickly I thought. I replaced it w/ a couple charcoal baskets ($20) and a foil water pan under the meat because those damn Slow n Sears start at about $80 and go up to about $160 and I'm a cheapskate. Everything SNS makes is bad expensive. I also made a Vortex out of a stainless steel bowl from Amazon ($9) w/ the bottom cut out of it

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Did you mean Slow n Sear or is there something I haven't seen yet called a Smoke n Sear?

I had a Slow n Sear but it burned up/rusted from salt too quickly I thought. I replaced it w/ a couple charcoal baskets ($20) and a foil water pan under the meat because those damn Slow n Sears start at about $80 and go up to about $160 and I'm a cheapskate. Everything SNS makes is bad expensive. I also made a Vortex out of a stainless steel bowl from Amazon ($9) w/ the bottom cut out of it
Yep that's what I meant. Agree it is pricey, though it does seem very heavy & well-made. Have had mine maybe a year and half, no issues.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login