OT: first time in history

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
No idea the why’s but it’s interesting.

View attachment 326363
From my experience white folk are not looking to jump back into the work force as much as black folks are.
My workplace has advertised nearly a dozen jobs in the past three years paying between $15 and $25 an hour, with good benefits.
So far only one white person has even applied. Then never showed up for the interview.
It's hard work, if that tells you anything.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
No idea the why’s but it’s interesting.

View attachment 326363
Does this include part time workers? I read a report last week that said a lot of folks did internet jobs during COVID and didn't return to full time employment. Instead they continued with their work from home and took part time jobs to make up for the difference in what they made pre-COVID.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Does this include part time workers? I read a report last week that said a lot of folks did internet jobs during COVID and didn't return to full time employment. Instead they continued with their work from home and took part time jobs to make up for the difference in what they made pre-COVID.
Saw a graph from FRED, copied a graph from FRED…

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
From my experience white folk are not looking to jump back into the work force as much as black folks are.
My workplace has advertised nearly a dozen jobs in the past three years paying between $15 and $25 an hour, with good benefits.
So far only one white person has even applied. Then never showed up for the interview.
It's hard work, if that tells you anything.
Curious what the job is. $15/hour for hard work doesn't sound very appealing in 2023 dollars and costs, even with benefits.

Do applicants have to disclose their race on the application?...how is it known that only 1 white person has applied if they didn't show?

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Middle class and above Americans stopped having kids. Most Americans in that income bracket are white. So the percentage of working age Americans has been shifting less and less white with age. Looks like those boomers retired and some of the older Xgens are moving that way, leaves a smaller percentage of the white population in prime working age. If it weren't for working-class people having kids and immigration bringing in young people for the workforce, we'd look like Europe right now and be heading directly towards Japan.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I'm
Middle class and above Americans stopped having kids. Most Americans in that income bracket are white. So the percentage of working age Americans has been shifting less and less white with age. Looks like those boomers retired and some of the older Xgens are moving that way, leaves a smaller percentage of the white population in prime working age. If it weren't for working-class people having kids and immigration bringing in young people for the workforce, we'd look like Europe right now and be heading directly towards Japan.
Right. At this point, I don't care if we grow the tax base organically or from immigration. The SS Ponzi isn't going to fund itself and support us olds when I and my peers get to that age. I'm saving and planning with the assumption it will not be there but I prefer the entire system not topple in my golden years.

661DA800-7057-48A5-8FF8-802DD0B7A625.gif

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I don’t think you understand FRED
fred flintstone flintstones GIF

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Government statistics are highly bias, depending on their agenda. Example 2020 Census: Total Population 60.3% white, 12.4% black, 20.3% hispanic, 6.0% asian. Doesn't pass the eye test.

You must not travel much.

If anyone knows where the money goes, it’s FRED.

Of course the late John Prine sung about that too but in a different way…

Reactions: Dawgg and wdawg44

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
I don't think you understand my comment. It was not a disparagement of the FRED program created by the St Louis's Fed but a general caveat of government statistics ( or any statistical rendering of data). Bias or error is always a danger in data outputs. Multiple sources helps offset this bias.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I don't think you understand my comment. It was not a disparagement of the FRED program created by the St Louis's Fed but a general caveat of government statistics ( or any statistical rendering of data). Bias or error is always a danger in data outputs. Multiple sources helps offset this bias.
Generally speaking though, Census data is considered to be the one of the more reliable statistics out there.

Yeah, errors exist. Unsurprising when we think how many moving parts there are.

But perfect is the enemy of the good.

And it’s considered good enough to be more reliable.

Reactions: Dawgg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I posted a specific metric that has been the same calculation for years and had the same result. This time the result is different, despite it being done by the same process. You came in with general statistical conspiracies that had nothing to do with this, short of you putting in work to tell us why this stat has been bogus all along.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
A lot of people really are unaware of statistical reality in America and the rate of demographic change over the past couple of decades. Much of the diversity agenda is an attempt to replace much older whites in leadership positions in business and various institutions. That will likely happen to some degree even without ESG and other initiatives.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
I did my part. Got 4

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
No way those census % are accurate.

Last edited:

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Most Hispanics used to identify as white but there are lots of money and prizes now for not being white. Incentives matter so they identify as brown or something. Not sure why they want to give up all that white privilege. Anyway, I think it's time we ditch these made up ethnicities based on skin color.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Government statistics are highly bias, depending on their agenda. Example 2020 Census: Total Population 60.3% white, 12.4% black, 20.3% hispanic, 6.0% asian. Doesn't pass the eye test.
What exactly should the statistics be?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
<graph showing employment ratio for blacks is better than for whites>
@horshack.sixpack - No idea the why’s but it’s interesting.
Oooo, I know this one Mr Koter.

Because liberals draw opinions and take up causes based on skin color, gender and sexual orientation.

^ what happens when ignorance and passionate political ideology are allowed to mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login