OT: food related; and on a sports site

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
You trying to rile up the SPS Squad?
He’s easily triggered.

(no sarcasterisks - as his hot takes can be perceived that way by people)

Me? I don’t care much.

There’s got to be a reason why that type of pizza only stuck around one section of the US.

And no, I’m not saying that they’re the Malort of pizzas. **

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
He’s easily triggered.

Me? I don’t care much.

There’s got to be a reason why that type of pizza only stuck around one section of the US.

You say Malort like it is a bad thing

• Haha
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
He’s easily triggered.

Me? I don’t care much.

Granted the only two brick oven pizza places I can think of where I could actually see the oven were gas fired ovens with wood basically added like smoke chips, but is it really that rare to have actual wood fired brick ovens outside of New York?

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Granted the only two brick oven pizza places I can think of where I could actually see the oven were gas fired ovens with wood basically added like smoke chips, but is it really that rare to have actual wood fired brick ovens outside of New York?
No

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
He’s easily triggered.

Me? I don’t care much.

he's an ego manic and doing it strictly for attention.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
If you haven't been, Manhattan is an awesome place and I can see why a young buck would want to work and live there.
I'd love to live in New York.

When you're in higher ed like I am though, it might be difficult.

A friend at Columbia has mentioned a few times about being fortunate that the university has apartments for faculty, staff, and students.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
He’s easily triggered.

Me? I don’t care much.

I’m easily triggered? Hahahaha.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I’m easily triggered? Hahahaha.

Yep. Here's an action gif of you & golfer:

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I think this is awesome. Anytime a state or local government gets to enact it's own laws/regulations, written by its local or state politicians, who were elected by the residents of said jurisdiction... I get a Jeffersonian stiffie.

Jimmy Fallon Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I'm happy for the people of New York/LA/Austin/Portland when they get the government working for them on what they care about. Good, bad, or indifferent... They'll reap what they sow. I'm even happier when my local/state gubment gets to work for me... (Shout out to our light pollution ordinance, property tax and income tax cuts in back to back years, $6500 pay raises for teachers this year, and $8000 grants for any high school graduate in the state that wants to attend trade school or other 2 year technical educations... Little pissed we spent so much on the new library though.)

You want to get worked up, get worked up about federal laws that affect an entire country.. Lord knows there are some doozies. More local government and less federal is what I say. So if NYC wants to ban wood fired pizza, CA wants to ban gas lawn mowers, and Florida wants to ban NTTAWT books... It doesn't matter to me one iota. I'm out here fighting the mother17ing potato lobby with sticks and rocks trying to see if we can get permission to grow some 17ing maters... The BLP's are getting old.

For the record, the people of NYC will riot like it's 500 AD Constantinople if someone actually tries to shut down the coal fired pizza joints.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022

Can we get the rest of the year off from freaking “activists” continually raising hell about something?? Can we let people just make damn pizza? Can we just have a damn steak without some putz screaming about it?? Can we just buy whole milk, without the lecture, if we want to?? Can we just eat fried chicken without it being cultural appropriation??

Just for the rest of the year??

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
He’s easily triggered.

Me? I don’t care much.

You thank it's okay to stomp on an individual's rights based on Junk Science? I don't even eat pizza so this ruling would have no impact on me even if I lived in NYC but at least I understand American Freedom and its importance.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I think this is awesome. Anytime a state or local government gets to enact it's own laws/regulations, written by its local or state politicians, who were elected by the residents of said jurisdiction... I get a Jeffersonian stiffie.

I'm happy for the people of New York/LA/Austin/Portland when they get the government working for them on what they care about. Good, bad, or indifferent... They'll reap what they sow. I'm even happier when my local/state gubment gets to work for me... (Shout out to our light pollution ordinance, property tax and income tax cuts in back to back years, $6500 pay raises for teachers this year, and $8000 grants for any high school graduate in the state that wants to attend trade school or other 2 year technical educations... Little pissed we spent so much on the new library though.)

You want to get worked up, get worked up about federal laws that affect an entire country.. Lord knows there are some doozies. More local government and less federal is what I say. So if NYC wants to ban wood fired pizza, CA wants to ban gas lawn mowers, and Florida wants to ban NTTAWT books... It doesn't matter to me one iota. I'm out here fighting the mother17ing potato lobby with sticks and rocks trying to see if we can get permission to grow some 17ing maters... The BLP's are getting old.

For the record, the people of NYC will riot like it's 500 AD Constantinople if someone actually tries to shut down the coal fired pizza joints.
1687883004418.png

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
You thank it's okay to stomp on an individual's rights based on Junk Science? I don't even eat pizza so this ruling would have no impact on me even if I lived in NYC but at least I understand American Freedom and its importance.
Individual rights affect all individuals-- not just pizzeria owners.

Junk Science ain't Junk when smoke is going into peoples' apartments.

From the NY Post, this guy gets it:

“Oh yeah, it’s a big expense!” said Paul Giannone, the owner of Paulie Gee’s in Greenpoint. “It’s not just the expense of having it installed, it’s the maintenance. I got to pay somebody to do it, to go up there every couple of weeks and hose it down and you know do the maintenance.”

Giannone added that while the air filter is “expensive and it’s a huge hassle,” it also has some upsides.

“My neighbors are much happier. I had a guy coming in for years complaining that the smoke was, you know, going right into his apartment and I haven’t seen him since I got the scrubber installed.”

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Honestly perplexed here... do you think I'm fibbing about not really having an opinion on NYC pizza fuels? Or how often I visit? Or that someone thinks Barstool is for kids?
Average person: “liberals have gone nuts.”
Liberals: “No way, uh uh!!”
Average person: gives an example of nutty liberal ideas in action.
liberals: “why do you even care about that. Talking about that’s so not cool, ma… lifeform(s).”

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
A friend at Columbia has mentioned a few times about being fortunate that the university has apartments for faculty, staff, and students.
My daughter is going to apply to Columbia. I've looked at prices in their Morningside Heights neighborhood....

I'm praying they reject her.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Average person: “liberals have gone nuts.”
Liberals: “No way, uh uh!!”
Average person: gives an example of nutty liberal ideas in action.
liberals: “why do you even care about that. Talking about that’s so not cool, ma… lifeform(s).”

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010

What part of Idaho you live in? And I agree with what you are saying, unfortunately, what the big states do affect the rest of us, such as “efficiency” standard for appliances and autos. Or when they completely fail, the govt will just give taxpayer funds from middle America to the failed area.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Nuttiness might be the only truly bipartisan commonality.
No doubt. I feel like one side is willing to admit they have wackos on the bus. The other just ignores it with blank stares, gifs, or outright lies. Ask a democrat to define man and woman. Or ask if it’s ok for grown men to expose their genitalia to children at the pride parade?

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
No doubt. I feel like one side is willing to admit they have wackos on the bus. The other just ignores it with blank stares, gifs, or outright lies. Ask a democrat to define man and woman. Or ask if it’s ok for grown men to expose their genitalia to children at the pride parade?
How on earth can you just sit around posting on a message board when SOMEBODY IN NEW YORK CITY WANTS TO MAKE PIZZAS USING A DIFFERENT FUEL?!?!111??!!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login