OT: food related; and on a sports site

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Average person: “liberals have gone nuts.”
Liberals: “No way, uh uh!!”
Average person: gives an example of nutty liberal ideas in action.
liberals: “why do you even care about that. Talking about that’s so not cool, ma… lifeform(s).”
That's my observation as well.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You and goat clearly have it figured out, I reckon.
I've been talking to liberals for years, just trying to figure out what makes them tick. It's a genuine interest of mine. Take this thread for example.

I read it, and saw where NY is trying to ban wood-fired pizzas. I thought it was weird, but also likely that it was some shock-jock stuff. Come to find out, they are releasing smoke into other people's apartments, so getting rid of some emissions was probably warranted.

You, on the other hand, asked us why we cared and shamed someone for listening to Barstool, which was nothing more than a medium.

But back to the original part of my post, the only thing I can see that makes a liberal tick, is outright jealousy of others, and a misplaced worldview that thinks we can somehow achieve idealism. I do have that much figured out.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Let them. If they don't want it, democracy will sort it out. NY can require pizza places to hire at least one drag queen as far as I'm concerned. If the pizza is good, I'll buy it. It really is easy to generate outrage on the left and right in this country. Is this the next Pizzagate?

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Just watched the Portnoy thing: Dude complaining about the actions of a stereotype does so in stereotypical fashion.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I think this is awesome. Anytime a state or local government gets to enact it's own laws/regulations, written by its local or state politicians, who were elected by the residents of said jurisdiction... I get a Jeffersonian stiffie.

Jimmy Fallon Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I'm happy for the people of New York/LA/Austin/Portland when they get the government working for them on what they care about. Good, bad, or indifferent... They'll reap what they sow. I'm even happier when my local/state gubment gets to work for me... (Shout out to our light pollution ordinance, property tax and income tax cuts in back to back years, $6500 pay raises for teachers this year, and $8000 grants for any high school graduate in the state that wants to attend trade school or other 2 year technical educations... Little pissed we spent so much on the new library though.)

You want to get worked up, get worked up about federal laws that affect an entire country.. Lord knows there are some doozies. More local government and less federal is what I say. So if NYC wants to ban wood fired pizza, CA wants to ban gas lawn mowers, and Florida wants to ban NTTAWT books... It doesn't matter to me one iota. I'm out here fighting the mother17ing potato lobby with sticks and rocks trying to see if we can get permission to grow some 17ing maters... The BLP's are getting old.

For the record, the people of NYC will riot like it's 500 AD Constantinople if someone actually tries to shut down the coal fired pizza joints.
I'm all for subsidiarity, but at some point individual freedoms trump subsidiarity, with that line being much further away for municipalities versus states. Having to move out of a city is a pain, but you generally don't have to completely uproot your life. Having to move out of a state is a pretty big burden. Not sure the Masterpiece cake shop owner should really be forced to move out of a city just to enjoy not having to design custom cakes that he doesn't want to, regardless of the reason. He really shouldn't have to move out of the state though.

The wood burning stove ban is actually potentially not crazy. I'm somewhat skeptical that woodfired pizza places move the needle that much, but there is at least some pollution with local effects the regulation could impact (compared to banning gas stoves, which is purely a symbolic sacrifice to gaia). And to the extent smoke is affecting a neighboring property, their is a property rights issue. Not sure a regulatory ban is a very efficient way to address it, but there is at least a legitimate interest there.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Careful mocking somebody defending his freedoms… one day you might need help defending one of yours.
You're right, actually. If I'm ever unlawfully kicked out of an all-you-can-eat buffet, I am absolutely going to need the full weight and heft of the Sixpack.

Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I've been talking to liberals for years, just trying to figure out what makes them tick. It's a genuine interest of mine. Take this thread for example.
I've been trying to figure out the left vs. right deal as a whole (I hate all of them and don't trust any).

You guys that fall into this trap are being manipulated by the media and politicians for control and for money. Neither side is all good or all bad and one side can't be counted to do any more or less for the country as the other. They are both bad and only out for their own interests. They are all bought and paid for. Established politicians are much more closely aligned than you think. They go to the same parties and take money from the same donors.

Don't be sheep, think for yourself. Falling into this tribalism, you just being an easy mark. This mindset, "group think," is tearing this country apart.

Eisenhower was probably the last POTUS who did it for the "good of the country," and it may go back further than him to Teddy.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
“First they came for the gas stoves and I said nothing (except that wasn’t going to happen)….”

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
If we give the libs New York, it’s just a matter of time before they come after another state , and another, and another, and another…………..……….

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login