OT: Gang Activity at Germantown Middle and High Schools in Madison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
This is as well said as anything I have ever seen on this board. Lots of money being invested in that area but due diligence on the schools has been relaxed. Everyone just assumes that they are great because that's what they've been told.

Germantown is giving out yard signs to kids when they make a 20 on the ACT. That's below the national average. Lake Caroline is full of them.

Do they get another sign if they make a 23 on the English section?****

grimedawg1

Aug 25, 2012
And that's why board member representation is an issue. There is not one board member that I am aware of that asks about achievement gaps between the schools.

What reason is there that GHS achievement is that far below MC? They need to explore it and fix it.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
It never ceases to amaze me that there are grown adults that care enough about high school football enough for stuff like this. I'm surprised with how many people move their just for the school district that there aren't enough parents to put a stop to that.
Agreed. It happened at NWR too.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Man parents being involved. What a terrible idea!

You are the worst. Almost as bad as mstateglfr.

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
It never ceases to amaze me that there are grown adults that care enough about high school football enough for stuff like this. I'm surprised with how many people move their just for the school district that there aren't enough parents to put a stop to that.

Win at all cost. From travel ball to high school....parents will do whatever it takes to get their kid on top and on a winner. Travel ball teams, kids jump to this team and that team and back to this team. Parents don't care if the kids have friends on what team or school. Oh....and lets hold them back a year in 8th grade to get that maturity up.

BeardoMSU

Jul 9, 2013
You couldn’t close the deal on a Zeta if you had a bed made of chocolate cake.

Imagine being an adult and still putting stock into which Greek letters a chick was associated with in college....and how that somehow makes one "cool", lol.

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
Just saw the video of the fight. This thread overhypes that thing so much it’s crazy. That was nowhere near a gang violence. It was a cpl kids scrapping in a parking lot. Absolutely nothing to see.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
Just saw the video of the fight. This thread overhypes that thing so much it’s crazy. That was nowhere near a gang violence. It was a cpl kids scrapping in a parking lot. Absolutely nothing to see.

You are watching a different fight. The video that is floating around was inside the school and involved at least eight different kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login