OT grass finished beef (bulk)

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Does anyone have recommendations about where to get a half a cow that’s been grass fed and finished. Personally I like the taste of beef finished on corn/grain but I think that would like to try grass finished

BTW
I’m in central Mississippi

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Does anyone have recommendations about where to get a half a cow that’s been grass fed and finished. Personally I like the taste of beef finished on corn/grain but I think that would like to try grass finished

BTW
If you like grain finished you’re probably not going to like grass finished. I would try some before I bought half a cow.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011

BTW
I’ll check for you. NE Ms area. My nieces husband is a farmer and usually has 4-5 processed per year. Sells quarters, halves or wholes. I’ll find our when his next one is available. Pickup would be in Monroe county if you’re interested. Another option might be Sansings Meats outside of Starkville. I’ve never purchased beef from them but that’s where I used to get whole hogs and shoulders when I was cooking competition bbq 662-263-8228

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Good for you. I think it tastes like a$$.
I grew up on a small cattle farm. I was an adult before I ever ate beef from a grocery store. Dad would finish them out in a pen on grain for the final few months. He said that it cleaned them out and tamed the taste. Good, bad, or average varied from cow to cow. Sometimes we would get a bad one and that made for a long few months until it was gone and we started on the next one.

Reactions: GomJabbar

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Grazing cattle is a waste of good farm land.
Hey don't come at me. I don't have an opinion or a stake (no pun intended) in this. I don't eat steak all that regularly, mainly because I'm poor, but when I do, it's a nice fatty grain fed one. But I also don't ignore the health benefits of grass fed.

Of course the solution is to not eat beef every day of the week. I think most people would agree that's a generally good idea. Then when you do splurge, you get a nice tasty grain-fed fatastic ribeye (or whatever).

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
I’ll check for you. NE Ms area. My nieces husband is a farmer and usually has 4-5 processed per year. Sells quarters, halves or wholes. I’ll find our when his next one is available. Pickup would be in Monroe county if you’re interested. Another option might be Sansings Meats outside of Starkville. I’ve never purchased beef from them but that’s where I used to get whole hogs and shoulders when I was cooking competition bbq 662-263-8228
Thanks

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I'll give you some grass field Odocoileus virginianus, 100% organic, never a pesticide nor herbicide sprayed in its foraging range.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
Remington/Lott farms has a store in Gluckstadt and Flowood. Don't know if they will sell you a side of beef but you can call and find out. Attala Frozen Food locker in Kosciusko does R/Ls butchering. They may be able to set you up with a side of beef.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Remington/Lott farms has a store in Gluckstadt and Flowood. Don't know if they will sell you a side of beef but you can call and find out. Attala Frozen Food locker in Kosciusko does R/Ls butchering. They may be able to set you up with a side of beef.
According to bookface:

Attention Customers…SOLD OUT! All locations permanently CLOSED. As of today, unfortunately we are sold out of all of our inventory. We truly appreciate you and thank you for supporting us through the years! You have made each and everyday worth it all! It has been a pleasure getting to know you and having the privilege of providing local, clean beef to your families with confidence! From the bottom of our hearts, WE THANK YOU!
As always…Be Blessed!
Remington-Lott Farms
[email protected] (email)
601.882.4841 (phone)

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
According to bookface:

Attention Customers…SOLD OUT! All locations permanently CLOSED. As of today, unfortunately we are sold out of all of our inventory. We truly appreciate you and thank you for supporting us through the years! You have made each and everyday worth it all! It has been a pleasure getting to know you and having the privilege of providing local, clean beef to your families with confidence! From the bottom of our hearts, WE THANK YOU!
As always…Be Blessed!
Remington-Lott Farms
[email protected] (email)
601.882.4841 (phone)
Hate to see them close permanently.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login