OT: Great free website to find ancestors

Sparklecity

Jan 20, 2022
Search someone you know, when it comes up click on it. It will tell you all their family members that have died, click on them and just keep clicking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Backyard Archer

GuitarCock

Jan 25, 2022
Anybody have family that goes deep in Orangeburg area? My first SC ancestor arrived there in 1740.

Also interested in people with ties to Hopkins/Lower Richland area, and to Saluda County.

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
I'm ashamed the extent to which I have lost touch with my roots.

Sparklecity

Jan 20, 2022
I'm ashamed the extent to which I have lost touch with my roots.
I didn't know either, I found all of this out on this website . I was afraid I was going to find out I was a Yankee or even worse I was from Ohio. Fortunately that didn't happen. All southern here since Scotland.

Last edited:

Gaimcock

Jan 22, 2022
You are from Lancaster, iirc?

Ever heard of a "Wilkesboro" community in Chester County?
Wilkesboro area is right before you get to Lockhart as you head west on Hwy 9 isn't it??

Though I'm from LA (i.e., Lancaster Area) originally myself, have done a lot of business in Chester, and used to take Hwy 9 to Sparkle City (i.e., Spartanburg) back in the day.

Reactions: GuitarCock

GuitarCock

Jan 25, 2022
Wilkesboro area is right before you get to Lockhart as you head west on Hwy 9 isn't it??

Though I'm from LA (i.e., Lancaster Area) originally myself, have done a lot of business in Chester, and used to take Hwy 9 to Sparkle City (i.e., Spartanburg) back in the day.
I think so. I am kin to some Wilks and that was their homeplace from what I understand.

I used to go to Chester and Lancaster with church camp (Salkehatchie). Did some work on some houses and met some community members up that way

Latest posts