OT Greatest Country Singers

SpaghettiMonster2

Aug 2, 2022
florida georgia line cma fest GIF by CMA Fest: The Music Event of Summer

• Angry
Reactions: Ichabod and Carl M.

Tuamuchspeed

Jul 15, 2022
Lots of good ones, but it's a tie between Kane Brown and Luke Bryan for the title of GOAT.

Reactions: Carl M.

EDH Trojan

Aug 24, 2017
Waylon Jennings is the king.

Sturgill Simpson's High Top Mountain LP is awesome.

Hank Williams III is carrying the family legacy forward with some unique sounds (kind of a rockabilly vibe).

Ichabod

Aug 16, 2022
I’m flying with Johnny. George Strait/Garth are right there too

Watty

Apr 30, 2023
Is Stapleton just the uncool answer or something? Because if there’s a better singer than him in the history of country music, I don’t know who it is.
George Jones, Merle Haggard, Hank Sr., George Strait, Tyler Childers all great country singers as well.

PK1982

Feb 23, 2022
Is Stapleton just the uncool answer or something? Because if there’s a better singer than him in the history of country music, I don’t know who it is.
George Jones, Merle Haggard, Hank Sr., George Strait, Tyler Childers all great country singers as well.
Chris Stapleton? Wish someone enlighten me regarding the mass appeal of this dude, because I'm not getting it.....at all.

Honky tonk singers bellowing beer soaked vocals have never appealed to me. The ONLY country singer I think that deserves to be in this category that I even kind of enjoyed was Travis Tritt, simply because he could carry a tune and had a pleasing voice.

Watty

Apr 30, 2023
Chris Stapleton? Wish someone enlighten me regarding the mass appeal of this dude, because I'm not getting it.....at all.

Honky tonk singers bellowing beer soaked vocals have never appealed to me. The ONLY country singer I think that deserves to be in this category that I even kind of enjoyed was Travis Tritt, simply because he could carry a tune and had a pleasing voice.
He’s just got one of the best voices of all time, let alone in country. I think bc he’s got so much crossover appeal, people kind of have this tendency to not consider him country even though he 100% is. Great guitarist and songwriter and just in another stratosphere than everybody else as a vocalist.

PK1982

Feb 23, 2022
He’s just got one of the best voices of all time, let alone in country. I think bc he’s got so much crossover appeal, people kind of have this tendency to not consider him country even though he 100% is. Great guitarist and songwriter and just in another stratosphere than everybody else as a vocalist.
Johnny Cash
Hank Williams Sr
George Jones
Merle Haggard
George Strait
And Chris Stapleton?!?! Naw, dude. Country music has obviously gone to hell and back. I knew I had stopped listening for a reason in recent years.

If this Stapleton guy is the high water mark for today's country music, looks like I made the right choice giving it up.

Watty

Apr 30, 2023
Johnny Cash
Hank Williams Sr
George Jones
Merle Haggard
George Strait
And Chris Stapleton?!?! Naw, dude. Country music has obviously gone to hell and back. I knew I had stopped listening for a reason in recent years.

If this Stapleton guy is the high water mark for today's country music, looks like I made the right choice giving it up.
You’re crazy man. Go back and listen to all his stuff with the Steel Drivers. He belongs in the list with those guys imo. What’s your argument as to why he doesn’t belong?

CharlieWilbury

Aug 5, 2022
Some people are ridiculous on this.
Greatest country singer ever Willie Nelson
Greatest country voice the gentle giant Don Williams

PsYcho

May 18, 2023
Anything from late 70's, all 80's, and majority 90's.
Vince Gill probably greatest vocals in all of country music.
Alabama is the greatest group easily.
Tanya Tucker and Keith Whitley should get more love. Tanya is the baddest B in county music history, and Whitley's life was the epitome of a county song.
Alan Jackson don't care what you think honestly.
Conway was a panty dropper.
Merle, Jones, and Cash was about that life!
Neal McCoy, Sammy Kershaw, and Clint Black will never get talked about much, but they had some of the greatest county songs ever.
Dolly is the best there is of country music - what a woman!
Garth had the greatest run in country, and probably faked it all.
Brooks and Dunn has the greatest county bar songs ever.
Shania Twain "any man of mine" video is the greatest cinematic feat of all time!!

BBdawg

Jan 25, 2023
Anything from late 70's, all 80's, and majority 90's.
Vince Gill probably greatest vocals in all of country music.
Alabama is the greatest group easily.
Tanya Tucker and Keith Whitley should get more love. Tanya is the baddest B in county music history, and Whitley's life was the epitome of a county song.
Alan Jackson don't care what you think honestly.
Conway was a panty dropper.
Merle, Jones, and Cash was about that life!
Neal McCoy, Sammy Kershaw, and Clint Black will never get talked about much, but they had some of the greatest county songs ever.
Dolly is the best there is of country music - what a woman!
Garth had the greatest run in country, and probably faked it all.
Brooks and Dunn has the greatest county bar songs ever.
Shania Twain "any man of mine" video is the greatest cinematic feat of all time!!
So many great points along with so many bad ones imo.

I know Randy Ownes (absolutely a great man, know him through the cattle industry) and they are freaking awsome! But I've told him it was just the name of his band that turned my stomach.

Tanya Tucker and Keith Witley are GOATS!

You could be at a Nun convention and play some Conway and they'd all start stripping!

Dolly and Garth can kick fcking rocks as far as I'm concerned! They both had some good music but as it turns out they are both POS human beings!!

Reactions: PsYcho BLaNco

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login