OT: gruesome fight at an Auburn apartment complex

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
I don’t have to know what previously happened. Fighting is one thing, body slamming a small girl/young woman then returning to hit someone unconscious is another entirely.
Exactly. Have a drunken brawl and we can discuss the situation. Body slam a girl unconscious then beat an unconscious guy and there's no discussion needed.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I don’t have to know what previously happened. Fighting is one thing, body slamming a small girl/young woman then returning to hit someone unconscious is another entirely.
Did you read what I wrote? I said there is no excuse for what that guy did. I was talking about the people who instantly started blaming lack of parents, blaming culture and crime being way worse than it used to be (which is not true). To the people who said the guy deserves to spend some time in jail, I agree. And I agree with what you said. Does not matter what happened prior to the fight starting.

Reactions: CoastRat.sixpack

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Did you read what I wrote? I said there is no excuse for what that guy did. I was talking about the people who instantly started blaming lack of parents, blaming culture and crime being way worse than it used to be (which is not true). To the people who said the guy deserves to spend some time in jail, I agree. And I agree with what you said. Does not matter what happened prior to the fight starting.

Do good parents end up with turds? Occasionally, but it's generally due to drugs or alcohol

Do the overwhelming majority of turds have bad parents? Yes.

There was obviously alcohol involved so I guess there's still a chance he had great parents.

The other stuff I agree.

Reactions: eckie1

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
That's just being a worthless POS. In my opinion "mental health" gets thrown out all too often & it's an excuse. Furthermore, it's a disservice to those who have legitimate issues & diagnoses.
I agree that the kid is a POS. But, I’ve never personally known anybody who turns out to do things like this that came from a stable upbringing. I’m sure that are exceptions, but outside of some rare Michael Myers cases, people aren’t born psychos.

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
The guy needs to go to prison for a few years.
That guy is a stone cold killer, regardless of what happened to these victims. Human life is SO special. I cannot fathom the ability to sit on someone and continue to hit them in the head. A society serious about violent crime punishes this animal to the fullest possible extent.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Why, when you see horrific, wanton violence, do you feel the need to excuse it because it “was worse in the 90s?”

The perp would’ve deserved severest legal punishment then and now. No?
It isn't excusing anything. It's providing context and a counter to the ignorant and often repeated claims that our current society is super dangerous or that crap like this awful beating is happening so frequently that we must all prepare for the worst.

This crap is awful now, it was awful 20 years ago, and it was awful 30 years ago. Etc etc.
But it's nothing new, even though many claim it is.
Social media simply provides easier access for more people to see more of the crazy crap.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
That is one of my least favorite things about today’s world. When something bad happens there is rush to grab a phone and record it and not enough thought about “hey maybe I should do something to try and help”.
I question what would have happened if they did help.
Or how it would have been any different 2 decades ago.

People not risking their personal safety for others is nothing new. Heck, we have all sorts of anti-bullying laws now because so few would do anything to help for decades, and that wasn't even a safety concern, just a peer acceptance concern.

Reactions: turkish

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
We need to be teaching these kids Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and basic hand-to-hand combat skills (including handguns), rather than paying for travel sports.

Choose your kids' childhood wisely. This crap is only getting worse. Clowns like this guy are walking around everywhere just BEGGING for someone to say something they don't like. They love it and aren't worried about jailtime.

Remember that fight up on the Cotton District a few years ago? Those guys were in town ONLY to start stuff with normal people just trying to party and have a good time.
This crap is only getting worse, huh? Got some stats for that?
How many drunken beatings per capita took place in Alabama thru each of the last 6 decades?

So instead of kids getting to be kids and allowing them to process kid level issues, we should train them to both defend and engage in combat, including gun use against other kids.

17 goat, I think you managed to jump the shark on this one.

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
It isn't excusing anything. It's providing context and a counter to the ignorant and often repeated claims that our current society is super dangerous or that crap like this awful beating is happening so frequently that we must all prepare for the worst.

This crap is awful now, it was awful 20 years ago, and it was awful 30 years ago. Etc etc.
But it's nothing new, even though many claim it is.
Social media simply provides easier access for more people to see more of the crazy crap.
Provide the posts in this thread that made these claims that this is new or that we “must prepare for the worst.” OG posts dont count - :)

I agree with your post #49. Slippery slope there, although they demonstrated a complete lack of moral character.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mcdawg22

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This crap is only getting worse, huh? Got some stats for that?
How many drunken beatings per capita took place in Alabama thru each of the last 6 decades?

So instead of kids getting to be kids and allowing them to process kid level issues, we should train them to both defend and engage in combat, including gun use against other kids.

17 goat, I think you managed to jump the shark on this one.
This isn’t kids being kids. I don’t expect you know the difference, fairly obvious you’ve never been in a fight.

These angry beatings beyond consciousness are something entirely different.

Good Lord we have some sheltered 17ing dildoholsters on this board.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
Yeah abortion aborted a lot of bad people.
under rated comment- abortion should be easy and free if we are to maintain any resemblance of a safe society. you can’t say 2a will protect you- for law abiding citizens 2a is messy

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Why, when you see horrific, wanton violence, do you feel the need to excuse it because it “was worse in the 90s?”

Don't forget, the Black Death killed more than Covid. Go tell the parents of someone murdered that acutally, it was worse in the 90s. I've always thought that was a silly response to an upsurge in murders in some cities since the racial reckoning. We have over 4,000 murdered black Americans since George Floyd. "Yeah, but we had more in the 1990s so it's not really as bad."

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
under rated comment- abortion should be easy and free if we are to maintain any resemblance of a safe society. you can’t say 2a will protect you- for law abiding citizens 2a is messy
Let me be clear. I’m not a proponent of abortion but it has benefited society.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

Because the post I replied to was lamenting how much worse things are nowadays.

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
Because the post I replied to was lamenting how much worse things are nowadays.
It made no temporal comparisons whatsoever.

“Too many people just have no self control and don't value human life. There are 4-5 murders every time you turn on tv. Many That stemmed from disagreements or argument or somebody dissed somebody.”

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
This is why I carry a Judge with me. BTW......a pawn/gun shop in Tipton Co., TN (north of Memphis) was robbed of around 160 handguns the other night. Sherriff's deputy caught the robbery in action, and tried to ram their vehicle, but failed to stop them. They were headed south on hwy. 51 back into Memphis/Shelby Co. Pursuing authorities failed to catch them. All those guns are likely being sold on the streets and here we go again.
What a ****** choice of a gun

Reactions: dorndawg

Felonious Junk

Oct 23, 2008
All of these pearl clutching comments about the downfall of our culture are ridiculous. Whether be a fight at an apartment or who will work at a concession stand on a Saturday, there will always be a certain group of people that want to blame “today’s youth or parents” for problems instead of taking 5 seconds to reflect on the fact that every single thing being demonized happened 30 years ago too.
But a fight at the landing, Rick’s or University Commons 30 years ago was just “boys gettin’ in a little fight”. Ain’t no big deal.

catvet

May 11, 2009
This went beyond a fight and became a criminal assault. This person should be charged with the crimes and be sent to prison.

Reactions: dorndawg

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Nah, the main problems with our society aren't related to people that possibly would have been aborted. It's the people that are average intelligence and above that have been maleducated and actively work to stop order from being maintained. Most of the people like this are average intelligence or below but are intelligent enough to respond to incentives and when they are not, cause limited damage when they are put in jail for an extended period of time.

This guy needs to spend some time in jail. If he is surprisingly an honor student that holds down a job and volunteers and just needs to layoff or avoid alcohol or steroids, then maybe it just needs to be a 30 to 90 day stint with a few years probation afterwards. If as more likely he's a just a run of the mill young jackass, he needs to cool it in jail for a few years, ideally not a place like Parchman unless he's already a criminal that has shown violent tendencies. I assume in Auburn Alabama there is a decent chance he will get an appropriate sentence. If this were in a big city or Jackson obviously he'd probably have less than a slap on the wrist.

Dawgs_4_life

Jun 12, 2014
Man... that is rough. I understand fights happen, but beating someone unconscious?? And i don't think i could sit back and watch someone get beat like that. I might end up just like dude and girl, but I just don't think i could just watch it.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This went beyond a fight and became a criminal assault. This person should be charged with the crimes and be sent to prison.
Yep. And way too many people in here trying to 'explain' this stuff or what went on with the guy. 17 him, all he responds to is force and pain and he needs to be dealt with accordingly. He's not rational.

Felonious Junk

Oct 23, 2008
Yep. And way too many people in here trying to 'explain' this stuff or what went on with the guy. 17 him, all he responds to is force and pain and he needs to be dealt with accordingly. He's not rational.
There’s no explanation needed. Let the criminal justice system handle it.
The laughable part is the attempt to attach this to a larger cultural decay conversation. It’s an ugly fight caught on video. Nothing more to say about it than that

Reactions: mstateglfr

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
That is one of my least favorite things about today’s world. When something bad happens there is rush to grab a phone and record it and not enough thought about “hey maybe I should do something to try and help”.
And get your *** shot or stabbed? Hmmm.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
There’s no explanation needed. Let the criminal justice system handle it.
The laughable part is the attempt to attach this to a larger cultural decay conversation. It’s an ugly fight caught on video. Nothing more to say about it than that
Why are you trying to distract from the fact that this behavior is a problem? Do you think the guy that got beat on should be satisfied with "let the criminal justice system handle it". It's 100% a cultural problem. I'll say again, this is more than a fight, obvious to anyone with an unbiased mind who pays attention.

Felonious Junk

Oct 23, 2008
Why are you trying to distract from the fact that this behavior is a problem? Do you think the guy that got beat on should be satisfied with "let the criminal justice system handle it". It's 100% a cultural problem. I'll say again, this is more than a fight, obvious to anyone with an unbiased mind who pays attention.
Do you know the circumstances that lead to the fight? How are you suggesting it be handled beside the criminal justice system?

What are my biases? And what am I not paying attention to? You sound like you have all of our cultural problems solved. Your parents must have been models of parenting.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Let me be clear. I’m not a proponent of abortion but it has benefited society.
season 16 episode 10 GIF

Felonious Junk

Oct 23, 2008
With this straw man, you, too, are clutching at pearls… for the record.
IMG_2842.jpeg
I have not in any way created a straw man argument. There is clear and determined attempt in this conversation to use this fight as an indictment on cultural decay.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Provide the posts in this thread that made these claims that this is new or that we “must prepare for the worst.” OG posts dont count - :)

I agree with your post #49. Slippery slope there, although they demonstrated a complete lack of moral character.
Haha, I won't go back they the thread to see if there are other instances, so based on your response, I will happily concede that point.

Reactions: turkish
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login