OT - Guided Deer Hunt

CoastDawg18

Mar 3, 2008
Going to make a guided deer trip next year and want to get input if anyone has recommendations. South TX is probably the preference, Midwest states is a second option. Not looking to go to Canada or far north/west like Montana, Dakotas, etc. Also want a gun hunt rather than a bow hunt.

Anyone have first hand experience with an outfitter in south tx or midwest that you would recommend?

Ray Caldwell

Nov 24, 2021
I don’t have a specific outfitter recommendation but I would definitely recommend the Midwest over south Texas. There may be some discounts to be had in the Midwest as well. A couple of the guys I have hunted with lost entire outfitting businesses and lots of guys lost significant leases to COVID restrictions. If your preference is rifle hunting, you might note that Nebraska’s rifle season coincides with the rut. That’s pretty rare in good hunting states. I killed a true Booner on opening day of Nebraska’s season this year.

CoastDawg18

Mar 3, 2008
Nebraska is one I was thinking of due to OTC rifle. Were you with an outfitter in Nebraska?

Ray Caldwell

Nov 24, 2021
Nebraska is one I was thinking of due to OTC rifle. Were you with an outfitter in Nebraska?

I was with an outfitter, but it was an unusual deal. They’re an invitation only outfitter that host non-profit and ministry heads for fundraising and networking purposes. It was in NW Nebraska. Plenty of opportunities on decent deer.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login