OT: Gun Control / School Shootings what would you do if you could?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
It’s probably out there somewhere, but what I’d be most interested in right now is seeing the commonalities in all the shooters.

We can all make guesses but I wonder what the data actually shows. I would think there would some kind of pattern in a lot of them with regards to ages, demographics, economic status, home life, social life, previous exposure to guns, etc.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
There are some pics floating around that's supposed to be him dressed up in women's clothes. It does look like him, but there's no proof that it is him. Could be photoshopped, who knows. Even if it was actually him I'd expect it to be swept under the rug by the media, considering how pushing the LGBTQ agenda is so "important" now.

ETA: Just a quick search and I can't find the pics anymore so it's obvious they are being scrubbed from the net. Plus the left has gone in full blown damage control claiming that it was all a "far right conspiracy."

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
No, but that kind of ******** leads more, unnecessary ******** for kids that have no business fooling with it. And I've read all these pages and I'm still waiting on a genius like you to solve the problems of the country.
Nobody has an answer for it all. And people saying it's bullying must not realize that **** has been around forever. Now it's automatically a "mental health" issue and kids need "mental health breaks".
Life is 17ing hard. You deal with or you don't and we're making it to easy not to deal with it and make excuses.
Broken homes have been around a long time too.
None of its new. Let me know when you solve it all.

My first post literally said I honestly have no clue how to solve the problem. I’m not one that believes problems will be legislated away. But I’d be willing to try some new things to see if they help.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Perhaps I’ve missed it but is anyone in this thread calling for banning all guns period? I think what has been suggested in this thread is reasonable. Reasonable people don’t want to take away the right for someone to own a gun. It is a good debate to have on the reasonable need for a civilian to have an AR 15 though.

I’ll admit I’m looking at this through the lens of someone who is not a gun enthusiast. I own 6 guns, all used for hunting except for a 9 mm pistol.

What is the basis for banning an AR but not other semiautomatic rifles? That it looks scary? We are not big hunters but we use an AR for hunting. It’s small enough for the kids and doesn’t kick too badly and while not as deadly as other rifles would be because of the chamber,, it’s good enough up to 50-60 yards.

How is your “AR” ban going to distinguish between an “AR” and other semi auto rifles?

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
It’s probably out there somewhere, but what I’d be most interested in right now is seeing the commonalities in all the shooters.

We can all make guesses but I wonder what the data actually shows. I would think there would some kind of pattern in a lot of them with regards to ages, demographics, economic status, home life, social life, previous exposure to guns, etc.

The only commonality I’ve seen claimed is not having a father in the home. Not sure if that’s correct or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login