OT - Holy moly, have y'all seen this? Richland Walmart Hostage Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Geez you're dumb. A chart was posted, you've denied it (without reason or evidence), then said OTHERS are denying things out of politics.

Crime IS a problem. But irs not new or unique, as the 90s states PROVE. if you can't start with that admission, then you are not making a good faith effort to do anything about the problem. You're just trolling cause Fox told you to, little puppet.
Others in this thread have already told you why your chart and numbers like them are bull5hit. And yet here you still are, defending them.

Are you this dishonest in real life too, or are you just playing pretend for sixpack?

Reactions: mo7888

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Kentuckydawg. Look going off about Fox News and saying pissoff to some lone doesn’t help your argument. You just look immature and dumb
At least he bowed out of this debate before posting one of his stupidassmemes.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I don't know if violent crime is up across the country, but it is in Jackson. We are ready to set another record for homicides again this year for the third straight year. Less than a week ago we had three individuals shooting inside a vehicle at two people outside of Kroger on I-55. Earlier this month a Jackson St. student was found in his car shot dead. According to the article I read, the Jackson St. student was shot because of dispute over doughnuts. 17ing doughnuts. Just this morning, a son killed his father in a domestic dispute. The son was 32, the father was 66.

There is a lot of responsibility to go around, at least here locally to curb this trend. Should the responsibility to curb this increase be placed on the mayor, the city council, the district attorney, or the police department. The answer is all of the above. But it also should be placed on the parents, school system, churches and local organizations to work alongside local government to come up with viable solutions.

The problem is that most of these homicides are domestic in nature. Would be very difficult to predict the next time a family dispute turns deadly or an ex decides to get back at a former boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife.

The libtard/MAGA name calling b.s. that seems to permeate this board anytime these discussions are brought up seems to do nothing to provide a solution. If you have ever known a victim of homicide or the family of a victim of homicide, then the political grenade throwing that goes on does nothing to ease the pain of the family of friends that will have to live with the tragedy for the rest of their lives. I've been to too many damn funerals in the last few years as a result of this nonsense.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
do what? That was just a chart with data from crime stats. Who do you believe is manipulating that simple data? How are they doing it, specifically?
Someone up above stated it. And it's happening in mostly democrat controlled areas. But most democrat controlled areas have drastically changed what they report as violent crimes. Hence skewing the real data. That started happening over a decade ago. I'll let you ponder on the "why" question and get back to us. Like I said. Data can be manipulated to say whatever you want it to say.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I don't know if violent crime is up across the country, but it is in Jackson. We are ready to set another record for homicides again this year for the third straight year. Less than a week ago we had three individuals shooting inside a vehicle at two people outside of Kroger on I-55. Earlier this month a Jackson St. student was found in his car shot dead. According to the article I read, the Jackson St. student was shot because of dispute over doughnuts. 17ing doughnuts. Just this morning, a son killed his father in a domestic dispute. The son was 32, the father was 66.

There is a lot of responsibility to go around, at least here locally to curb this trend. Should the responsibility to curb this increase be placed on the mayor, the city council, the district attorney, or the police department. The answer is all of the above. But it also should be placed on the parents, school system, churches and local organizations to work alongside local government to come up with viable solutions.

The problem is that most of these homicides are domestic in nature. Would be very difficult to predict the next time a family dispute turns deadly or an ex decides to get back at a former boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife.

The libtard/MAGA name calling b.s. that seems to permeate this board anytime these discussions are brought up seems to do nothing to provide a solution. If you have ever known a victim of homicide or the family of a victim of homicide, then the political grenade throwing that goes on does nothing to ease the pain of the family of friends that will have to live with the tragedy for the rest of their lives. I've been to too many damn funerals in the last few years as a result of this nonsense.
We are setting per capita records in Jackson that have, replacing the records that were set back when we competed with DC under the Marrion Berry administration for the title years ago.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I'm no libtard, but the generally accepted opinion (and backed up by the best 'facts' we have) point toward the streets being safer today, at least per capita, and especially for normal, everyday decent people.

Agree with your statement, but honest question (not necessarily for just you)….why should you have to preface your opinion on whether national violent crime is up or down over a period of multiple decades with your political stance? I mean we’re talking multiple presidential administrations from both parties, both parties having extended control of Congress multiple times, etc.

Its hilarious to me that folks try to point towards politics as a reason why violent crime is what it is statistically over the entire country. Violent crime IS down nationwide since the 90’s, while still being up in some small pockets. To nobody’s surprise, it’s declined where income / prosperity have increased, and increased in areas where those things have decreased. This not a liberal vs. conservative issue. There are various policies both parties have led both nationally and at the state level that have played small parts (positive and negative) in shaping the income / prosperity picture. But its a far too complex of a problem to attach to any political platform.

Reactions: mstateglfr

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
So, glfr, did you unblock me just to respond in this thread?

Inquiring minds n ****.

As to your post, it's not entirely offensive. But my position is this....where I live is my home. I've lived here for the better part of four decades. It's not a reasonable response to expect me to move. The reasonable response is to fix the problem. If we empowered the police to start cracking skulls, the problem will go away. Invariably, you and people of your ilk will inject race into that statement. It has nothing to do with race and everything to do with holding criminals, regardless of their color or social standing, accountable for their actions and making the streets safe for all people, regardless of color or social standing, who want to feel free enough to go out and enjoy themselves and live their lives in peace.

Criminals don't fear breaking the law anymore, because more and more, we're watering down the definition of violent crime and letting criminals off easy, or not prosecuting them at all. There are major cities in this country that actually are pushing to eliminate cash bail. There are major cities in this country that have actually publicized that they're not going to prosecute for theft less than $900, encouraging people to grab armfuls of stuff from shelves without repercussion. And of course, if anyone disagrees with this stuff, they're labeled racist.

In some middle eastern countries, the punishment for theft is cutting off a finger. As a coincidence, they don't have crime problems. I'm not advocating barbaric measures like that, but it's going to take something drastic to fix it. And ignoring the problem, or suggesting we run away from it and cede our homes to criminals are not the answers.
I agree with you, we should be able to adjust policy to "solve" crime so that you don't have to move to he safe. But it's not as easy as you seem to believe. There is NO way to "just let cops crack skulls" without there inevitably being a racial component, let alone the effect on liberty. (You'd have to be blind to not see the racial disparity problems in policing in our history, and how they're destined to repeat if we loosen up the rules given the status of our current police forces.) Your position may be screw liberty, I just want to be safe, but a reasonable person has to be able to admit that others wouldn't share that view, and they have good reasons for it.

I live in a rural, deep red area of MS. The cops here also cannot be bothered with petty crime. Fact: we have incentivized drug and DUI arrests so much that it's massively contributed to that problem. There was a group of young men here that went around burglarized hundreds of cars in a weekend. Caught clear as day on multiple videos. Cops knew who it was, would not arrest. The ******** cop out phrase "we can't arrest unless we personally see it happen" has become commonly accepted. I know a business owner that had his corporate credit card cloned and used, cops had video of the woman doing it and refused to arrest. It's not a liberal problem, no matter what Fox is telling you.

There are problems with cash bail. I do believe that if someone is safe enough to release on $500 bail, then they're safe enough on zero bail. Do you disagree?

I do agree you have to prosecute for petty theft. Maybe give probation for a first offense, but you can't just ignore it.

Reactions: dorndawg

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
season 13 GIF

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
He
He's saying the majority of your posting is in controversial/political threads.

Which is true.
While he pretends otherwise, he needs no interpretation. He wanted me to give more
Someone up above stated it. And it's happening in mostly democrat controlled areas. But most democrat controlled areas have drastically changed what they report as violent crimes. Hence skewing the real data. That started happening over a decade ago. I'll let you ponder on the "why" question and get back to us. Like I said. Data can be manipulated to say whatever you want it to say.
I’m not a criminal science guru, but I suspect murders per capita are probably the metric most difficult to fudge. It’s absolutely on the rise in the metro areas I spend time, Jackson, Memphis, Baton Rouge, and NOLA.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Specifics. These are national statistics.

• Democrats have as part of their platform that they must control and manipulate crime stats locally before they get reported upstream?
  • Democrats are compiling data at a national level and manipulating it before reporting it?
  • There are Democratic ways to report violent crime and Republican ways to report and no standards?
I'm interested in where you got data to support your assertion that I am to take as more correct than reported data? Local conspiracy? National conspiracy? I can't see it, but maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Agree with your statement, but honest question (not necessarily for just you)….why should you have to preface your opinion on whether national violent crime is up or down over a period of multiple decades with your political stance? I mean we’re talking multiple presidential administrations from both parties, both parties having extended control of Congress multiple times, etc.

Its hilarious to me that folks try to point towards politics as a reason why violent crime is what it is statistically over the entire country. Violent crime IS down nationwide since the 90’s, while still being up in some small pockets. To nobody’s surprise, it’s declined where income / prosperity have increased, and increased in areas where those things have decreased. This not a liberal vs. conservative issue. There are various policies both parties have led both nationally and at the state level that have played small parts (positive and negative) in shaping the income / prosperity picture. But its a far too complex of a problem to attach to any political platform.
Mainly because Democrats are seen as anti-police and seen as lenient on crime. That's a big, visual sticking point, and one that will prevent me from ever voting blue until it gets changed. It gets to the heart of the overall beliefs of right and left, red and blue. Left-leaning people see the world as a utopia that can be achieved if you do this or that. Right-leaning people (me) know it's a fallen world, and all you can do is try and minimize the dysfunction.

Police help do that (the latter). I prefer less chaos on the streets. Stats can say one thing, but we all know DAMN WELL that a good police force is the best deterrent to crime, no matter if the stats are up/down or sideways.

So, all that to say, I wanted to point out that I wasn't left-leaning but I was agreeing with a point that is generally used by people on the left to say that we don't need police. Which of course is not true.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I agree with you, we should be able to adjust policy to "solve" crime so that you don't have to move to he safe. But it's not as easy as you seem to believe. There is NO way to "just let cops crack skulls" without there inevitably being a racial component, let alone the effect on liberty. (You'd have to be blind to not see the racial disparity problems in policing in our history, and how they're destined to repeat if we loosen up the rules given the status of our current police forces.) Your position may be screw liberty, I just want to be safe, but a reasonable person has to be able to admit that others wouldn't share that view, and they have good reasons for it.

I live in a rural, deep red area of MS. The cops here also cannot be bothered with petty crime. Fact: we have incentivized drug and DUI arrests so much that it's massively contributed to that problem. There was a group of young men here that went around burglarized hundreds of cars in a weekend. Caught clear as day on multiple videos. Cops knew who it was, would not arrest. The ******** cop out phrase "we can't arrest unless we personally see it happen" has become commonly accepted. I know a business owner that had his corporate credit card cloned and used, cops had video of the woman doing it and refused to arrest. It's not a liberal problem, no matter what Fox is telling you.

There are problems with cash bail. I do believe that if someone is safe enough to release on $500 bail, then they're safe enough on zero bail. Do you disagree?

I do agree you have to prosecute for petty theft. Maybe give probation for a first offense, but you can't just ignore it.
Reasonable response.

I disagree that letting cops use more force to enforce the law is automatically a race issue. The majority of police in major cities and the majority of police chiefs in major cities are African American now. This isn't the 1960s anymore...we don't have white cops in the streets shooting rubber bullets and opening up firehoses on black people. That said, it's also a reasonable expectation for AAs in this country to feel safe and protected by the police, and not targeted. A lot of those feelings are based on decades-old boogeymen and not realities on the streets today, however, and that needs to be called out.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
He's saying the majority of your posting is in controversial/political threads.

Which is true.
Gotcha. Wasnt sure if he was suggesting I took time off to mourn Leach since he specified that as a moment in time for measuring my posting habits.
Yes, in the last week its been 60-40 split. Not much MSU games in the last week and one I actually got to attend so not much posting for that.

But yeah, I do respond to some of the OT thread and more posting is in OT threads than sports threads. Is that a no-no? Its funny to me that others actually track this. Its also funny that I get called out, yet the posters who start the threads or commonly converse with me typically dont get called out. Clearly I dont actually care, but it is noticeable and funny. Take this thread, for instance. I post a rational comment and am called triggered. Its like words dont mean the same thing to everyone anymore.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Others in this thread have already told you why your chart and numbers like them are bull5hit. And yet here you still are, defending them.

Are you this dishonest in real life too, or are you just playing pretend for sixpack?
Uh,no they haven't provided any reason why, other than "don't believe anything". Those aren't thin stats from HuffPo, they're the full data set from the FBI. Sure, we could quibble about it on the margins, but given the VAST difference in reported crimes no honest person would just dismiss the whole thing. But then, a narrative must be driven right?

And I'm the dishonest one? The only question is whether you're deliberately trolling, or just dumb.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Uh,no they haven't provided any reason why, other than "don't believe anything". Those aren't thin stats from HuffPo, they're the full data set from the FBI. Sure, we could quibble about it on the margins, but given the VAST difference in reported crimes no honest person would just dismiss the whole thing. But then, a narrative must be driven right?

And I'm the dishonest one? The only question is whether you're deliberately trolling, or just dumb.
As others have pointed out, the definition of violent crime, or the criteria to constitute a voilent crime is different now than it was then. Plus, many major cities with crime problems are dramatically, dramatically undereporting. And while we undeniably have a crime issue in this country, it's not running rampant in every city and town in the country. There are hot spots that should be focused on. Show me a chart that compares violent crime using apples to apples (what constitutes violent crime) broken out by major city, and we can start having a rational debate about this. The chart you posted is, at best, homogenized.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Reasonable response.

I disagree that letting cops use more force to enforce the law is automatically a race issue. The majority of police in major cities and the majority of police chiefs in major cities are African American now. This isn't the 1960s anymore...we don't have white cops in the streets shooting rubber bullets and opening up firehoses on black people. That said, it's also a reasonable expectation for AAs in this country to feel safe and protected by the police, and not targeted. A lot of those feelings are based on decades-old boogeymen and not realities on the streets today, however, and that needs to be called out.
It's better, but still a rampant problem. You could put liberal me in charge of the KKK, but the everyday Klansman isn't going to change. Police aren't chosen randomly you know, and it's a well known fact that the job attracts the type of person that wants to go put and crack AA heads (racial reasons being prime, but not the only ones that lead to this effect).

Let's also keep up with the timeline:
1960s: conservatives say there's not a policing problem.
1970s: conservatives say there's not a policing problem.
1980s: conservatives say there's not a policing problem.
1990s: conservatives say there's not a policing problem.
2000s: conservatives say there's not a policing problem.
2010s: conservatives say there's not a policing problem.
2020s: conservatives say there's not a policing problem.

Maybe in 50 years conservatives like you will admit there's a racial policing problem here in 2022, but that won't help make us safer. We need people that can admit the problem today to solve the problem.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
As others have pointed out, the definition of violent crime, or the criteria to constitute a voilent crime is different now than it was then. Plus, many major cities with crime problems are dramatically, dramatically undereporting. And while we undeniably have a crime issue in this country, it's not running rampant in every city and town in the country. There are hot spots that should be focused on. Show me a chart that compares violent crime using apples to apples (what constitutes violent crime) broken out by major city, and we can start having a rational debate about this. The chart you posted is, at best, homogenized.
That does not even begin to explain the discrepancy or the data. Ivermectin, all the way down.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
So, glfr, did you unblock me just to respond in this thread?

Inquiring minds n 5hit.

As to your post, it's not entirely offensive. But my position is this....where I live is my home. I've lived here for the better part of four decades. It's not a reasonable response to expect me to move. The reasonable response is to fix the problem. If we empowered the police to start cracking skulls, the problem will go away. Invariably, you and people of your ilk will inject race into that statement. It has nothing to do with race and everything to do with holding criminals, regardless of their color or social standing, accountable for their actions and making the streets safe for all people, regardless of color or social standing, who want to feel free enough to go out and enjoy themselves and live their lives in peace.

Criminals don't fear breaking the law anymore, because more and more, we're watering down the definition of violent crime and letting criminals off easy, or not prosecuting them at all. There are major cities in this country that actually are pushing to eliminate cash bail. There are major cities in this country that have actually publicized that they're not going to prosecute for theft less than $900, encouraging people to grab armfuls of stuff from shelves without repercussion. And of course, if anyone disagrees with this stuff, they're labeled racist.

In some middle eastern countries, the punishment for theft is cutting off a finger. As a coincidence, they don't have crime problems. I'm not advocating barbaric measures like that, but it's going to take something drastic to fix it. And ignoring the problem, or suggesting we run away from it and cede our homes to criminals are not the answers.
Me and people of my ilk will inject race into that statement? I have no problem with police investigating and arresting people for violent crimes. I dont think I have ever even suggested anything different.
My brother in law is a police officer with 20 years experience and do not just by default blame police for view police as inherently bad.

I agree, the problem should be fixed. I disagree that such a position is the reasonable response because it then presumes such a scenario can actually happen in a short enough time for you to see the change. Life doesnt work like that. You can stay there while you say the world around you goes to hell, but it really is tough for me to look at that and think that approach is the reasonable one. Really though, I understand not wanting to just leave- you are part of the community(that you complain about). You view it as running. Fight or flight. yada yada yada.

If laws exist that inconsistently target racial or cultural minorities, that is an issue.
If police use laws to inconsistently target racial or cultural minorities, that is an issue.
If one specific group is overly represented, but it is due to something other than legislative or police targeting, then that is not something government should apologize for.

No I did not unblock you just to respond to your post. Random question of the day right there.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
It's better, but still a rampant problem. You could put liberal me in charge of the KKK, but the everyday Klansman isn't going to change. Police aren't chosen randomly you know, and it's a well known fact that the job attracts the type of person that wants to go put and crack AA heads (racial reasons being prime, but not the only ones that lead to this effect).

Let's also keep up with the timeline:
1960s: conservatives say there's not a policing problem.
1970s: conservatives say there's not a policing problem.
1980s: conservatives say there's not a policing problem.
1990s: conservatives say there's not a policing problem.
2000s: conservatives say there's not a policing problem.
2010s: conservatives say there's not a policing problem.
2020s: conservatives say there's not a policing problem.

Maybe in 50 years conservatives like you will admit there's a racial policing problem here in 2022, but that won't help make us safer. We need people that can admit the problem today to solve the problem.

This is why this issue will never get solved. There's an inherent lack of honesty about the police. Over the last two decades, we've seen more and more use of body cams and dash cams. We've seen more and more hiring of minorities in leadership positions in the force. We've seen more and more minority police officers hired. We've seen better technology in types of weapons and how they're used. We've seen cops fail to act because they're afraid of being the news story of the week for doing their jobs justifiably. We've seen raw numbers of police-involved shootings drop precipitously.

Do I deny that there was a racial policing problem 20, 30, 40 years ago? No. But we've got folks like you who ignore all the progress that's been made and continue carrying that "17 the police" banner because it's a whole lot easier to play victim and plop down that race card than it is to expect people to stand up and be accountable for their own actions.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
Mental health is in serious decline.
Mental health isn’t the real cause here. Unless you are including the problem of people’s brains having been fried by highly potent and addictive drugs. Trying to use drugs or trying to sell drugs is what’s driving 90+% of ALL violent crime.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
Good grief, I come to read a thread about a Walmart hostage situation, and some of you have turned it into a **** show. Not you Drebin…

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I do enjoy the absurdity that hasnt yet been pointed out-

- apparently national statistics compiled by law enforcement cant be trusted because of inconsistent reporting, under-reporting, and changed definitions.
- police self-reporting can be trusted now and they wont under-report.

This law enforcement data which doesnt support my argument cant be trusted, but that other law enforcement data which does support my argument can be trusted.
This data that doesnt support my argument is under-reported, but that other data that does support my argument isnt under-reported.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Police aren't chosen randomly you know, and it's a well known fact that the job attracts the type of person that wants to go put and crack AA heads (racial reasons being prime, but not the only ones that lead to this effect).
Oh dear God.

Lock this **** up when we get to this level of idiocy.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
So.....how DO you know that it's more dangerous than it was 10 years ago?

Tell me, specifically. We all know you have a history of gathering facts from the book of face, :ROFLMAO:

I'm no libtard, but the generally accepted opinion (and backed up by the best 'facts' we have) point toward the streets being safer today, at least per capita, and especially for normal, everyday decent people.
They are safer than they were at the peak of the crime wave, considerably more dangerous than they were in 2019 if you believe the official crime stats. You can have weird things in stats that aren't caused by nefarious acts, so I'm certainly not saying the stats are infallible, but I haven't see any reason to think the official stats are wrong.

Reactions: Boom Boom

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
This is why this issue will never get solved. There's an inherent lack of honesty about the police. Over the last two decades, we've seen more and more use of body cams and dash cams. We've seen more and more hiring of minorities in leadership positions in the force. We've seen more and more minority police officers hired. We've seen better technology in types of weapons and how they're used. We've seen cops fail to act because they're afraid of being the news story of the week for doing their jobs justifiably. We've seen raw numbers of police-involved shootings drop precipitously.

Do I deny that there was a racial policing problem 20, 30, 40 years ago? No. But we've got folks like you who ignore all the progress that's been made and continue carrying that "17 the police" banner because it's a whole lot easier to play victim and plop down that race card than it is to expect people to stand up and be accountable for their own actions.
Were you saying there was a racial policing problem back in 2002?

Sorry it's inconvenient to you, but the problem isn't really any better yet. We've seen cops infringe on liberties all too often for any honest person to say there's not a problem there. It's still the case TODAY that cops can take your cash without charging you with a crime, and you'll never get it back. And when people like me point out things like that, we get people like you in denial attacking us. So, you're wrong. As usual.

And how about cops be accountable for their own actions? How's that statement play on the left/right divide TODAY let alone decades ago?

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Were you saying there was a racial policing problem back in 2002?

Sorry it's inconvenient to you, but the problem isn't really any better yet. We've seen cops infringe on liberties all too often for any honest person to say there's not a problem there. It's still the case TODAY that cops can take your cash without charging you with a crime, and you'll never get it back. And when people like me point out things like that, we get people like you in denial attacking us. So, you're wrong. As usual.

And how about cops be accountable for their own actions? How's that statement play on the left/right divide TODAY let alone decades ago?
Sounds to me like you have a personal problem here.

This is detached from reality though.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Sounds to me like you have a personal problem here.

This is detached from reality though.
Yes, expecting cons to apply their standard of standing up for their own actions to cops IS detached from reality. We all know you won't. And that's why there's still a rampant problem: total lack of accountability. Cops are people, and they're only doing as we should expect when people like you remove them from any accountability.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
This doesnt counter what the other poster said. He said violent crime is way down and that it spiked a quarter century ago. You posting this in response does not disprove anything.
The other poster did not claim violent crime no longer exists. The other poster did not claim you can now walk anywhere at any time without a concern.

We have 330million people in this country- that means there are going to be a lot who lie, a lot who break laws, a lot who werent raise well, a lot who dont have support and access to whatever they need, etc etc. There will always be issues, but on a per capita basis, violent crime is down significantly. Below is a chart for easy understanding..

Could the decrease in violent crime be due to the increase in firearm ownership?

Reactions: Darryl Steight

CoastTrash

Aug 22, 2012
We may have different policy preferences, life experiences, and overall different perspectives - but we all like the pain associated with cheering for HailState. Let's remember that and how blessed we are to live here in the USA.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
When the big cities, all run by democrats start recall efforts of their George Soros funded DA's, you can't just blow that off. The violent crime rate spikes from like 2018 to 2022 are staggering from Philly, NYC, Chicago, St Louis, NOLA, San Fran and Portland.. Cashless Bail and leniency has fueled all of this along with BLM BS fueling the violence and disrespect for police and we wonder why so many cops are retiring or looking for other jobs leaving cities hungry for more police to fill their depleted staffs. All of this proves that liberalism is a mental disorder and the facts back that up.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Could the decrease in violent crime be due to the increase in firearm ownership?

Excellent question. I dont know the answer to that. Since some in this thread are relying heavily on the argument that you cant trust statistics, I will say that I bet if there is are reports on this, there will be some that claim its due to more guns and others that claim its in spite of more guns.

On a related note, @SteelCurtain74 said something interesting in post #43.
The last incident is flipped, the dad killed the son. But whats important is how all these cited violent crimes occurred. 3 people SHOOTING at others. Jackson St student SHOT dead. Dad SHOT and killed son.
The common denominator for how this violent crime happens is...guns.

I am not claiming guns need to be banned. I am not claiming guns are all bad. Nothing like that is being claimed.
Its just 1 post from this thread that discusses something related to what you asked, so I thought pointing it out would be beneficial.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
^OP apparently hasn't heard of Florida...

Violent crime is way down, spiked in the 90s. But let's not let facts get in the way of a narrative.
Difference now is literally everyone has a damn 4K video camera in their pocket and you get to see video coverage of every damn situation. That and you will see this on your TikTok, Twitter feed, Facebook, instagram, local news, national news, and then at Christmas dinner.

then something similar happens next week because we have 400 million idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login