OT:Hot Sauce Rec #2

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Stopped by the grocery last night looking for a Marie Sharp's Habanero Sauce rec'd by ColoradoDawg. I didn't get the original, but found something much better.

Marie Sharp's
Pure Love
Pineapple Habanero Sauce

I haven't actually tried it yet, but sometimes you don't have to taste it to know it's going to be glorious... Behold:

View attachment 24925

View attachment 24926

Last edited:

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
Stopped by the grocery last night looking for a Marie Sharp's Habanero Sauce rec'd by ColoradoDawg. I didn't get the original, but found something much better.

Marie Sharp's
Pure Love
Pineapple Habanero Sauce

I haven't actually tried it yet, but sometimes you don't have to taste it to know it's going to be glorious... Behold:

View attachment 24925

View attachment 24926

When you noh, you noh.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Picked up a bottle of the haberno hot sauce at Trader Joe's the other day based on a rec from that thread. It's definitely gonna be a mainstay in the lineup.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Blair's Death Sauce: About tabasco hot but with a different, great flavor. Good for wings

Melinda's Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce and Ghost Pepper Wing Sauce: As hot as I want a hot sauce. Good flavor. Cut wing sauce with butter if too hot. I have no interest in anything hotter

That amazing jalapeno/serrano pepper salsa from my local taco truck. Really hot. So good.

Siete jalapeno and habenero sauces sub for the taco truck stuff

Louisiana Hot Sauce or Crystal: Not terribly hot so you can drown something in it for that salty vinegary flavor. Makes really good wings. Add cayenne if needed

Aardvark Hot Sauce

Rani Hot Chili Powder and Extra Hot Chili Powder (amp up those curries)

Sriracha, Gochujang and a basic Thai chili powder (don't get extra hot first) for east Asian dishes. (Speaking of which, has imissplatinumplus done a post yet honoring Asian-American contributions to our cultural life?)

I'm good with those. I've stopped searching

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Picked up a bottle of the haberno hot sauce at Trader Joe's the other day based on a rec from that thread. It's definitely gonna be a mainstay in the lineup.

Just did the comparison of the 2 Marie Sharp's (haven't found hot habanero, but did get the fiery which is just a tick hotter I guess.)

The Pure Love is very thin and might work for some dishes, but I might just keep the bottle forever because the label is awesome. The Marie Sharp's is twangy to me. Either too much vinegar or the carrots make it a little too something. The TJ is just better. It's hotter and has a little sugar in it which makes a higher heat and still a little sweet at the same time.

View attachment 24927

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
Anyone ever tried pouring copious amounts of their favorite hot sauce into a bowl of popcorn 🍿??
Amazingly great !!!

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Anyone ever tried pouring copious amounts of their favorite hot sauce into a bowl of popcorn 🍿??
Amazingly great !!!

I have. Really good.

I also like putting it on a bowl of cocktail peanuts. Adds an extra salty heat. The vinegar will soften the peanuts if you don't eat it soon.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
A game changer for me in the area of adding tasty heat to food in the last few years came from my garden.

A couple of summers ago I had a very successful pepper crop and ended up with way too many to deal with fresh.

I dehydrated a bunch of Habanero, Serrano, Jalapeno, Poblano and other hot peppers and powdered them. It made a really deeply flavored, quite hot powder that is so good in everything I want to add heat to. It also does it without adding unwanted vinegar. It is so much better than the Cayenne called for in most recipes.

Worth it if you grow things to eat.

Oct 13, 2012
I picked up the Louisiana small batch "double barrell" hot sauce finished in bourbon barrels. Its amazing

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Has anyone tried the numerous Buc-ee’s hot sauces? I have only had the Peach Habanero. It’s a little too sweet for my liking by not bad overall. I may try the Carolina Reaper next.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login