OT: House of the Dragon

Feb 12, 2013

I just finished 'Fire & Blood' that the show is based on, and am still going to watch with a cautious outlook. But dang I am almost on the Hype Train now.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I have little confidence in anything GoT related to be any good unless it comes from canon/source material. Once the books ran out, the original series went to ****.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I have little confidence in anything GoT related to be any good unless it comes from canon/source material. Once the books ran out, the original series went to ****.

To be fair, Benioff and Weiss aren’t involved and this is supposedly adapted from Martin’s source material. I’m not sure it will be peak GOT levels of good but it will also be hard to be any more disappointing than the last season or two of GOT was.

The way Benioff and Weiss rushed/condensed the last two seasons will always be stupid to me. They wanted to get it over with so they could move on to a Star Wars project that got cancelled shortly after. No good reason for the last two seasons only being a combined 13 episodes, and it clearly hurt the show’s quality.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
To be fair, Benioff and Weiss aren’t involved and this is supposedly adapted from Martin’s source material. I’m not sure it will be peak GOT levels of good but it will also be hard to be any more disappointing than the last season or two of GOT was.

The way Benioff and Weiss rushed/condensed the last two seasons will always be stupid to me. They wanted to get it over with so they could move on to a Star Wars project that got cancelled shortly after. No good reason for the last two seasons only being a combined 13 episodes, and it clearly hurt the show’s quality.

Maybe Benioff and Weiss are going to have (or have already been involved with) larger projects in their careers. But I just don't understand how you can blow off that last two seasons of GoT with the following it had. You had a chance to put together an undisputed top5 show in the last half century and you blew it off to go work on a project that's been done like 15 times already... ? I don't get it.

Feb 12, 2013
this is supposedly adapted from Martin’s source material.

GRRM will be involved through the duration of the series. I caught a few Easter eggs in the trailer that were directly from the book, which gives me some confidence.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login