OT-House Targaryen premieres tonight

Feb 12, 2013
For sure. Really excited to see what they do with the Dance of the Dragons. Hopefully it's back to GoT season 3/4/5 level.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
For sure. Really excited to see what they do with the Dance of the Dragons. Hopefully it's back to GoT season 3/4/5 level.

I hope. I hope their desire to make an interesting story with good characters is stronger than their desire to "check the boxes" that plague many movies and shows today. I could give a rip about the social aspects of a character just make a good story with characters I care about.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The pacing will be a different because it’s going to be somewhat of an anthology series. Each season will be a different time in the history of House Targaryen.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I thought it was a good first episode. We’ll see where it goes from here.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Yep, I enjoyed it as an initial episode. It didn’t come out of the gates swinging quite like GoT, but it felt good hearing some of those family names during the tournament after it’s been so long, and the familiar music at the end had me ready for next week.

I have to admit that I have my doubts about this series living up to GoT in any way, but I also feel like the writers are baiting us a little into thinking that it’s going to be more of a slow burn, and then they’re gonna hit us with a couple jackhammers at some point later this season. I don’t know… all in all, a solid but not great premiere. 7.5 out of 10 for me

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Not a bad first episode. Hopefully they make up for the way game of thrones ended. Think they shat all over the books and the prophecy angle at the end. Interesting that they mention it in this show.

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005
10 million people watched. It was an all time record for a premiere in any platform including cable.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Not a bad first episode. Hopefully they make up for the way game of thrones ended. Think they shat all over the books and the prophecy angle at the end. Interesting that they mention it in this show.

The first episode started strong and was really good at laying the groundwork and starting storylines but it seemed a little too quickly drawn up and hurried at the end. Definitely left the groundwork for a lot of storylines going forward we'll just have to wait and see if its as good as the original Game of Thrones was with the story writing.

The biggest question that remains to be seen as are these actors as good as the ones in the original Game of Thrones.

Who do you think is poisoning the king.

Dawgology

Sep 15, 2011
I just noticed that

The pacing will be a different because it’s going to be somewhat of an anthology series. Each season will be a different time in the history of House Targaryen.

On IMDB they have the adult actors listed for the younger counterparts we saw in episode 1. That should be interesting and hopefully not too off-putting.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login