OT: I am in the process of doing my first Credit Report. Any suggestions? ***

ThinnyJ

Sep 16, 2023
Not sure what OP is talking about but along these lines:

I don't know if people are aware, but just as an FYI.... You can make your children authorized users on your credit cards at around the age of 14. They don't actually have a credit score until 18, but all of that time as a user on your card then dumps onto their credit score...

My boy had about a 780 score at less than 19 years old. I never had to co-sign for any loan.

PrestonyteParrot

May 28, 2024
Not sure what OP is talking about but along these lines:

I don't know if people are aware, but just as an FYI.... You can make your children authorized users on your credit cards at around the age of 14. They don't actually have a credit score until 18, but all of that time as a user on your card then dumps onto their credit score...

My boy had about a 780 score at less than 19 years old. I never had to co-sign for any loan.
True. Great way to help your kids get a start. In addition to building credit, I got my kids cards on my account and had them use it to buy gas and pay it off each month and they learned a great deal from the experience.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
True. Great way to help your kids get a start. In addition to building credit, I got my kids cards on my account and had them use it to buy gas and pay it off each month and they learned a great deal from the experience.
Good for you! I had a gas card but didn't have to pay for anything. I also had a weekly allowance for not doing anything. My parents had a rough time during the Great Depression. They wanted things to be better for their children. So they ruined us. 🙂

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
If this conversation were on a UT Volunteers forum, I'm sure Dave Ramsey would be exploding right about now. :ROFLMAO: