OT: If you were planning a last minute New Years trip stateside and it wasn't to the bowl

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Las Vegas. Key West. I’ve never been to Disney on New Year’s Eve but I bet it’s epic.

DogStuckAtUM

Aug 5, 2021
Las Vegas. Key West. I’ve never been to Disney on New Year’s Eve but I bet it’s epic.
Wife's birthday is NYE so did Disney World from 8 a.m. to 2 a.m. next day. It was packed, but we didn't have kids then so it was awesome.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Tampa has Ana Marie Island that I spent a week at which was awesome. I'd recommend it to anyone whose into that kinda stuff. The inland side has back yards where dolphins come up to boat docs and hang out and on the gulf side I got close to manetes while wading waste deep. Catching fish then cooking them is awesome IMO.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
Mt. View Arkansas

Oops, this was for the guy that didn't want many people around....sorry
We used to do Mountain Home every NYE for several years. Weather can be hit or Miss but we hammered the trout wade fishing.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
If probably do Highlands NC or somewhere between Orange Beach AL and Mexico Beach FL
And the beach may be as cold as the mountains - you never know.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Find you a ski resort and hit the torchlight parade and fireworks on the mountain. Usually live music cranking all night too.. Really cool and most ski resorts have something similar. We're doing it every year from now on I hope.

Here's our little resort last year, pretty cool. I imagine the big ones in Colorado and Utah are even more amazing.

LUTNwithpeople.jpg

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Sitting 20 feet up in a tree. Rut is still going on at New Years and there is plenty of time to travel after I get finished chasing deer. With that being said, I want to make a winter trip to Jackson Hole. Been there many times in the summer and fall but I want to go in the winter and take the sleigh ride on the elk refuge to see all those really big bulls that were either in the park or laying low in the timber during elk season. If I had plenty of coin I would be living in or around Jackson Hole.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Where to?
Are you worried about actual new years celebration? Or just a trip?

Just focusing on the trip and not celebration, Keys are great this time of year. Orange beach and panhandle are great if you like looking out over the water, but could be freezing.

If I wasn't doing that, I'd want to be up in the mountains with snow somewhere. Preferably cabin with snow views and hot tub.
Disney for new years sounds like hell on earth. Would rather leave my kids with their groomer employees than have to be in the parks around christmas or new years. But I'm probably not fun, so maybe if I were being somewhere packed would sound better.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
If I wasn't doing that, I'd want to be up in the mountains with snow somewhere. Preferably cabin with snow views and hot tub.

Now you're getting with the program. Pro tip though, hot springs > hot tub.

You just let me know when you want the Chamber of Commerce tour and I gotcha covered. This is a day trip you'll never forget..

Click Here

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login