OT: If you were voting today, would it be Trump or Biden, and why??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Wouldn't doing away with the electoral college put much of the country in the same position they were in prior to the American revolution . I mean, while either would be awful, I would just as soon be under British rule as being ruled by California and New York.
No, eliminating the electoral college would not be akin to British rule back before the Revolutionary War.

I'll phrase it another way- one of the core tenets of our Democracy is the right, and need, for citizens to vote. Citizen participation is critical, and the electoral college reduces participation at the Presidential election level.
Millions and millions of people wake up on election day knowing their votes won't count. They could skip and nothing would change. And that is true for both people who vote for a state's winner and for a state's loser.
Someone in CA that supports Biden doesn't need to vote. Their vote is worthless.
Someone in CA that supports Trump doesn't need to vote. Their vote is worthless.

It's bonkers that both scenarios can be true.

All votes should count. No vote should be more important or less important than anyone else's vote. Your vote shouldn't count less than mine. And mine shouldn't count less than yours.

This concept wouldn't send us back to being ruled by a group so separated from us that there is no connection.
You wouldn't be ruled by New York or California. Good lord. Everyone would be governed by the candidate who received the most votes. That's a pretty simple concept and it doesn't need to have fear mongering attached.

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
Neither one, one is lying sack of monkey crap who hopefully will end up in jail and the other is a fossil that can barely speak a coherent sentence and stand up. Great choices**

Reactions: ckDOG

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Well, the last time I voted for president there were more than two people on the ballot, and there was a write in option. I take it you have never voted.
All an independent candidate does is take away from the party that you are closest aligned with. Ask George Bush Sr.

It's pointless except to help the other side win. And there aren't but 2 sides.

Last edited:
Reactions: dorndawg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login