OT - Issues playing ESPN app on TV

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’m not completely tech literate with these smart TVs. But I have managed to set up AirPlay & it’s working fine for YouTube videos & screen mirroring. But if I try to play anything in the ESPN app, I get nothing (sometimes audio through my TV but no video). Any suggestions?

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Just download the app on the smart tv or with a firestick/apple tv/roku. No need to air play or mirror.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I can’t find the ESPN app at the LG App Store. That seems very strange.

skip dog

Nov 15, 2005
*if I may piggy back on to this ESPN app question......re: ESPN+ & live TV

I’m not completely tech literate with these smart TVs. But I have managed to set up AirPlay & it’s working fine for YouTube videos & screen mirroring. But if I try to play anything in the ESPN app, I get nothing (sometimes audio through my TV but no video). Any suggestions?

I got rid of CSpire TV, mainly b/c I watched 4 channels, and got the Disney+ bundle (Wednesday of last week) and figured I would be all set to watch the battle for the golden egg.....Only to find out that I could only watch the "sky cast" version and not the live feed!!! was a little pissed, but oh well!

Above said....what is the best and most cost effective "Live TV" subscription to be able to watch broadcast games? I'm old, I'm cheap, and I don't give a 17 to spend $ 79.00/month for something I am not going to use

.....and I have a feeling, I am about to spend $ 79.00/month to watch live sports

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
LG tvs don’t support the ESPN app. I have no idea why but I found that out last year after I bought an LG.

I went and bought the cheapest Roku I could get and put it on there just for ESPN.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
I got rid of CSpire TV, mainly b/c I watched 4 channels, and got the Disney+ bundle (Wednesday of last week) and figured I would be all set to watch the battle for the golden egg.....Only to find out that I could only watch the "sky cast" version and not the live feed!!! was a little pissed, but oh well!

Above said....what is the best and most cost effective "Live TV" subscription to be able to watch broadcast games? I'm old, I'm cheap, and I don't give a 17 to spend $ 79.00/month for something I am not going to use

.....and I have a feeling, I am about to spend $ 79.00/month to watch live sports

Fubo is geared for sports. You still will need ESPN + to get a lot of our basketball and baseball games though.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Thanks. This board is worth every penny just for the tech support alone.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
Fubo is geared for sports. You still will need ESPN + to get a lot of our basketball and baseball games though.

ESPN+ has almost no SEC content. You need to be a subscriber to the ESPN channels and the SEC Netowrk to watch most every game using the ESPN app ESPN Channels and the SEC+ app on your streaming device or tv. You don't need to pay for ESPN+ for basketball and baseball.

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
Tvs with their own APP stores suck. Samsung, LG, etc all suck and are always outdated software.
Everyone that likes to stream, get a Roku TV. It is inexpensive and works perfectly and has every single app ever created for a TV.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
You can likely get away with a Sling Package that carries all the ESPN content. It's a PITA, but most have free trails, do that as much as you can with different email addresses (if possible). Also if your parents have DirectTV, UVerse, etc., it may come with a log in for the ESPN App (not endorsing this as ethical or legal, just that it is an option).

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
You can likely get away with a Sling Package that carries all the ESPN content. It's a PITA, but most have free trails, do that as much as you can with different email addresses (if possible). Also if your parents have DirectTV, UVerse, etc., it may come with a log in for the ESPN App (not endorsing this as ethical or legal, just that it is an option).

This works for sure, I have friends using mine. Of course I pay for it all...

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login