OT: Joe Rogan

Status
Not open for further replies.

OliveBranchDAWG

Aug 22, 2012
I’m amazed by reading this thread the amount of people not siding with Joe Rogan / freedom of speech / common sense. I honestly believed the only people who were pushing back were out of touch celebrities and mouth breathing twitter trolls.

J-Dawg

Mar 4, 2009
I just don’t think it’s fair to say he has no moral compass for having an opinion.

It’s not fair. I’m surprised *they* haven’t tried to label Rogan as a racist in some roundabout way yet. You know, just to go full-on cancel culture. To them, it doesn’t matter if your are entitled to your opinion, if it doesn’t jive with the narrative, the opinion and the opinionated must be silenced at all costs.

Completely ignorant to Joe’s massive podcast success, which you think would be indicative that many different types of people enjoy his content. I absolutely disagree with him on many things, but his podcasts do a great job of presenting information from unheard viewpoints. If anything, there needs to be more JRE podcasts, not less. The issues we face in this country and society as a whole can be traced partly to our inability to work with “the other side”, which includes hearing viewpoints and opinions that are different than yours. Echo chambers aren’t good for anything but fragile egos.

xxxWalkTheDawg

Oct 21, 2005
There are plenty of quacks out there.

Yea… we did have some telling us our shots would keep us from getting sick and also it would keep us from spreading the virus too. And early on we were told masks were useless. Then we were told masks are essential. Then we were told anything less than an N95 is useless….

Lest we forget about misinformation..

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Joe Rogan is propaganda? Hahaha for who? The Republican Party or conservatives?

Sure Jan.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Tell them to shove it. Love how the White House, the bastion of misinformation, is asking a private company to silence things they disagree with.

MrKotter

Aug 22, 2012
Agreed. He's only one of many spreading false vaccine information that is literally killing people. Still their fault for being sucked into getting medical advice from a talk show host. It's just a shame that people like him have no moral compass at all.
Homework assignment for you Horshack. You draw your own conclusions. Look up the vaccine stats on heart attacks, neurological disorders and cancer percentage increase available from Project Salus. It's part of the DOD. Also, the email correspondence between DARPA (DOD as well) and EcoHealth Alliance back in 2018. All easily found.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
So you morons speaking out against free speech would really hate Coast to Coast AM and Art Bell back in the day.

Don't fear ideas, because none are right for everyone.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
It's come around full circle.

[TWEET]1487542869573476352[/TWEET]

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I’m amazed by reading this thread the amount of people not siding with Joe Rogan / freedom of speech / common sense. I honestly believed the only people who were pushing back were out of touch celebrities and mouth breathing twitter trolls.

Joe Rogan can say whatever he wants. He has the freedom of speech.

If Neil Young can say he doesn’t want his music on the same platform as Joe Rogan. He has the freedom of speech.

To my knowledge, neither of these men are being prosecuted or persecuted by their federal, state, or local governments over any comments they’ve made because they have freedom of speech.

NOBODY in this is having their freedom of speech taken away or even threatened.

Freedom of speech =/= the right to a platform

That’s a distinction some of you still don’t understand.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Freedom of speech has to do with the government limiting speech. It has nothing to do with private companies. Also, I don’t think Joe Rogan should be silenced. I find no value in what he does, so I don’t listen. Simple.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Joe Rogan can say whatever he wants. He has the freedom of speech.

If Neil Young can say he doesn’t want his music on the same platform as Joe Rogan. He has the freedom of speech.

To my knowledge, neither of these men are being prosecuted or persecuted by their federal, state, or local governments over any comments they’ve made because they have freedom of speech.

NOBODY in this is having their freedom of speech taken away or even threatened.

Freedom of speech =/= the right to a platform

That’s a distinction some of you still don’t understand.

There is further distinction. Young said take Rogan off the air or I’m leaving. He expected his status as a music celebrity to allow his opinion about content to silence someone else on the platform. This is not government intervention on freedom of speech but it is an attempt to silence someone you don’t agree with, which in essence would have cost Rogan millions of dollars. I disagree with people all the time but I don’t try to force them to lose their job over it.

I would seriously respect Young much more had he simply stated “please remove me from Spotify because I don’t want to be associated with a company that supports Joe Rogan.” No ultimatum. No expectations. Just removal. If the effect was Spotify putting a muzzle on Rogan, so be it but that’s on them, not Young’s ultimatum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login