OT: just for Cooter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
In a shrewd negotiation, the US has managed to free Brittany Grinner and we only had to exchange her for Russian weapons dealer. What a deal! Today, the world is a better place.

Reactions: The Cooterpoot

patdog

May 28, 2007
In a shrewd negotiation, the US has managed to free Brittany Grinner and we only had to exchange her for Russian weapons dealer. What a deal! Today, the world is a better place.
That's bull****. But I think everyone knew from the beginning Biden would give in. Meanwhile, Russia is just waiting for the next high profile American to enter the country to do it all over again.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Of all the important negotiations we need to be having with Russia, this one that frees a WNBA player was more importanter in the grand scheme of life. But no worries about the marine. I mean it's not like he is LGBTQ or a minority or nothin
I bet the marine can dunk. Brandon is tired of being dunked on. He’s safe with Britany

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Hate seeing an evil and destructive POS released but glad to see Brittney finally freed even though I hate her Anti-American Political BS. Yea, I get it, she 17'd up but nobody needs to be in prison for weed. Maybe now she understands how fortunate she is to live in America.

Reactions: Dawgg

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
Traded an arms dealer known as the merchant of death for a weed vaper... Figures.

Reactions: DerHntr

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Countdown started to see how long before she, her partner and others start bashing the U.S. Govt and how long it took them to free her. It may just have been "weed", but you know, she had already played multiple seasons there, she had to have known it was illegal there regardless of it being "just her anxiety medication" here. You don't like the laws there, stay here, pretty simple.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
When she gets home all the major networks and shows will throw millions of dollars at her for interviews where she will again bash America for not getting her home sooner.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
That's bull****. But I think everyone knew from the beginning Biden would give in. Meanwhile, Russia is just waiting for the next high profile American to enter the country to do it all over again.
This is the biggest problem with their incompetence and stupidity. She shouldn't have been in jail, but she went to a **** country in exchange for a pay check. That's a big risk to take and she should have paid attention to their laws. But now high profile people that aren't breaking Russian laws will have to worry about being arrested and framed to get leverage over the US. Just 17ing idiots.

DoomSlayer

Jan 13, 2018
Everybody bashing Russia for their laws, somebody comes here and does the same thing she did it’s a felony. The laws aren’t that different.

Reactions: FQDawg

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Everybody bashing Russia for their laws, somebody comes here and does the same thing she did it’s a felony. The laws aren’t that different.
Laws aren't that different on their face, but nobody is going to jail for years for possession here, especially on a first offense.

But yes, it's not like jail time for possession of drugs is some off the wall, out of the mainstream law.

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
Laws aren't that different on their face, but nobody is going to jail for years for possession here, especially on a first offense.

But yes, it's not like jail time for possession of drugs is some off the wall, out of the mainstream law.
It means we got all the info we wanted from the arms dealer.
If we got all the info we wanted, why would the Russians want him back? He was convicted of conspiracy to kill US citizens and officials, delivery of anti-aircraft missiles and providing aid to a terrorist organization. You think maybe it's so he can go back to doing what he was before he was caught? This is asinine.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
This is the biggest problem with their incompetence and stupidity. She shouldn't have been in jail, but she went to a **** country in exchange for a pay check. That's a big risk to take and she should have paid attention to their laws. But now high profile people that aren't breaking Russian laws will have to worry about being arrested and framed to get leverage over the US. Just 17ing idiots.
I have been around the world and seen, done a lot of things. I love the USA and have no desires to leave it again. I am going to travel, spend my money here right here helping our economy. My wife wants to go see England. If we go, she will pay for it out of her trust money. I don't want to but that is the only country I will consider traveling too. Oh yeah, Canada and Mexico can kiss my ***.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
If we got all the info we wanted, why would the Russians want him back? He was convicted of conspiracy to kill US citizens and officials, delivery of anti-aircraft missiles and providing aid to a terrorist organization. You think maybe it's so he can go back to doing what he was before he was caught? This is asinine.
I think what you maybe need to consider is that there are people in the Biden administration that want him to go back to doing what he was doing. This trade might be a way to help arms get to people the administration doesn't want to arm directly, like Iran and organizations associated with Iran.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
US leadership is worse than our current AD. And that's not a one party problem. But, to be fair, 9 months in jail in Russia is probably sufficient for the crime.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
Believe as you wish but don't be surprised if we never hear of this guy again or he has a "fatal accident" in the coming months....you know walks out of an open 20th floor window, or steps in front of a speeding train, perhaps even electrocuted when a 70s era Soviet radio falls in the hot tub while he's taking a soak at Putin's dacha.

Russia wants him back so they can find out exactly what and how much he told us. We aren't trading a high value intelligence asset like him for someone like Griner unless we have no more use for him. Griner is a pawn. She knows nothing and has no intelligence value to Russia. All she is to them is a chance to get publicity.

This is a game both countries have played at least since the start of the Cold War. We trade their spies for our spies but it's never done until both sides find what they want to know from those spies. Just like Russia, we want ours back so we can find out what they told.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Fellas, fellas. No worries. We have the mighty American military standing in defense of our nation. We're totally focused on national security.

trans-military-750x563.jpg trans major.jpg _121144732_levine.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login